NewClearWinter (DayZ)

New Food and Drinks Names

As of this newest patch (1.7.6) several new varities of food were added into the game as follows.

- (Soda) Dr. Wasteland (Dr. wasteland)

- (Soda) Mikhail Made Lemonade (-=PA=-Mikhail)

- (Soda) LVG Root Beer (LVG)

- (Soda) Mountain Green

- (Soda) mZLY yZLY (mZLY)

- (Soda) R4Z0R soda (R4Z0R)

- (Soda) Smasht (Smasht)

- (Beer) Rabbitman (Rabbitman)

- (Can) Bad Guy's Ubiquitous Peaches (UbiquitousBadGuy)

- (Can) Chef Boneboy Ravioli (Boneboys)

- (Can) Curgon's Chicken Noodle Soup (Curgon)

- (Can) Demon Groves Green Beans (DemonGroover)

- (Can) FraggleOs (Fraggle)

- (Can) Griff Black Beans (Griff)

- (Can) Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins (DerpyHooves)

- (Can) Orlok Mixed Fruit (orlok)

- (Can) Powell's New England Clam Chowder (Powell)

- (Can) Unlabeled Can

- (Can) Tyler's Kidney Beans

- (Can) Conrad's Whole Kernel Corn

After reading these I just have to say that some of these names are absolutely atrocious,

Derpy Hooves Canned Muffins? R4Z0R soda? mZLY yZLY? Come on guys. Have some pride in what you're doing here (Was not aware the Mods did not have a say, but I think this still holds some relevance the the Dev Team). Did you guys not realize how much this ruins the atmosphere of the game, or do you just not care? I understand you guys want some recognition for what you do and you deserve it too. But slapping mods internet aliases on some of the most commonly used items in the game just ruins the immersion so bad and I know you want the best for the mod. I'm not the only one to complain about this either, as I've read alot of responses from people who take issue with these names.

I think I speak on behalf of the community when I say we are absolutley grateful for what you guys do here and for continuing to expand the mod so Rocket and the development team can work on the Standalone while we aren't kept in the dark. I ask you kindly to please atleast consider reworking the names ( the logos themselves are great and nicely done) for the next update. As far as the rest of the update you guys did a terrific job and it's really nicely done.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 20

i really dont see the issues? everyone on that list deserves there name in the game.

• Like 3

Its not nearly as immersion breaking as people are making it out to be in any way. Also, the mods didn't make them do it, and it was cleared by Dean, so its hardly a big deal.

• Like 3

i really dont see the issues? everyone on that list deserves there name in the game.

I would find it better fitting on a billboard or something perhaps. I also think that would be a much cooler way to be in the game :P

• Like 1

It may be that these people are hardworking enough to deserve recognition but it doesn't have to be in the form that it is or so blunt. For example if they wanted to add something of their own ID into the game they could have made names that were atleast somewhat reasonable and realistic but still could have hinted who it was referring to. Why couldn't it be Razor(RAZOR even) instead of R4Z0R or Mizzly Yizzly?

Edited by NewClearWinter

8BKrjac.png?1

Having a giggle fit right now.

It may be that these people are hardworking enough to deserve recognition but it doesn't have to be in the form that it is or so blunt. For example if they wanted to add something of their own ID into the game they could have made names that were atleast somewhat reasonable and realistic but still could have hinted who it was referring to.

Thats great and all, and yeah some of the mods have odd names, but i dont see what the problem is? There are far more problems with dayz than the name of a consumable item, its not going to affect the gameplay in any way, things like bugged out zombies and "OP" weapons and odd glitches are what breaks immersion i really think your just being picky.

• Like 1

Although I agree with it not being that big of a deal, it's just not very professional. People that work on games always love to get their little personal touches in there, but most don't notice because it is done in a more discreet and professional manner.

• Like 3

i don't think I *deserve* to be in the mod, but it is rather nice. Being "Mixed Fruit" however, mocks what's left of my manly sexuality...

(although I am quite fruity :) )

I don't really see the issue with the names and the work that was put into creating the models textures is splendid. Perhaps some could have been more "Eastern Block"esque, but that's my personal take.

Plus, the moderators AFAIK had no input as to whether they were included or not. I certainly didn't, so please don't think we did it for "teh lulz" or an over exaggerated sense of self importance.

Personally, I think the mods and support guys (to mention but a few) do deserve some little recognition for all their hard work. Plus, it shouldn't be too hard to bring out a mod to alter the textures if you and others really wanted to or if there were that much objection to it.

I believe simple skin changes are fairly easy in Arma for items.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

Derpy Hooves Canned Muffins?

My only issue is that they missed a trick, by not making them actual muffins that you can toast in front of a fire.

'cause, er, as a British person this is my vision of a muffin:

http://en.wikipedia..../English_muffin

They go well with Marmite, which of course DayZ can't have because it's a trademark. But they could add "yeast extract". In the game it would give you a protein boost and if you equip it in your hands the zombies will try to avoid you, because zombies hate Marmite.

Edited by AshleyP

Just so you know it's not like we all begged to have items in the game, personally i haven't played the Mod since the release of 1.7.0 which i think was around 6 months ago, so personally it doesn't make a difference to me, it's a nice gesture though.

• Like 1

If you don't like it, go play WarZ.

Hello there

I think folk deserve to have their say so lets not go down the Warz/COD route shall we?

Let discuss it.

Rgds

LoK

If you don't like it, go play WarZ.

The reason I don't play WarZ is to avoid things like these because the development team here actually cares about the game.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 4

Just so you know it's not like we all begged to have items in the game, personally i haven't played the Mod since the release of 1.7.0 which i think was around 6 months ago, so personally it doesn't make a difference to me, it's a nice gesture though.

I actually wasn't aware that the Mods were put in as a gesture, so I'm sorry if I came off as saying you were all tripping over your ego in the original post. That being said I still disagree that it should be in the game still.

• Like 1

It may be that these people are hardworking enough to deserve recognition but it doesn't have to be in the form that it is or so blunt. For example if they wanted to add something of their own ID into the game they could have made names that were atleast somewhat reasonable and realistic but still could have hinted who it was referring to. Why couldn't it be Razor(RAZOR even) instead of R4Z0R or Mizzly Yizzly?

Dude. It's a joke. It's not a big deal, or immersion breaking.

Dear devs,

Can we please have some relevancy to the food packaging texture design? I personally don't care if you want your name on it or not, but please don't turn them into memes or inside jokes. Something like these would be great!

Thank you.

fKKoiYa.jpg

• Like 6

Hey guys, "Pepsi" sounds so stupid, it's so atrocious and out of place. In a parallel universe...by the way, Powell is my real name, not an aliase

Edited by Powell
  • Like 2

Hello there

A good halfway house would be to Easternise the existing textures as both Myself and Frags have pointed out.

But it would mean a lot more work for the guys though and Cyrillic is gonna throw some designs "off".

Just a thought.

LoK

Edited by orlok
missing O's (fraggle-o's)

mZLY yZLY soda.

mILEY cYRUS soda.

Just one of those unfortunate associations my over caffinated brain makes... that will never go away.

I'm not going to lie, when I first read through the patch notes, it seemed a little... odd. I just think a little more subtlety and creativity could have been used to preserve the serious atmosphere the game is loved for. "Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins." First of all, who buys caned muffins? Second, My little Pony and Dayz go together about as well as vinegar and baking soda. Its little wonder why the community is all fizzled about this. (...Sorry)

This is a little beyond "Easter Eggs" or "personal touch". I think the big concern here is whether this is a trend that's going to continue.

My two cents.

• Like 4

Doesn't bother me a bit. I find it nice to have some new items in the game and I hope Joey and Elvaron continue to contribute. I think some people are just hung up on the names and some others are just hung up on some wacky delusion of self important mods demanding they get their names in the game. People are taking this way to seriously and it's stealing the thunder of some of the mods best changes, like the crowbar fix. (It should be the best weapon in the game now, need to test it.)

• Like 1

it's stealing the thunder of some of the mods best changes, like the crowbar fix. (It should be the best weapon in the game now, need to test it.)

The crossbow. OMG the crossbow.

• Like 4

i dont find the new item names to be funny or clever. And i dont like saying to my friend 'here i have a mzly yzly for ya. ill drop it'. Why not just stick to the basics. That said, these new items take away from the serious tone i feel this game has considering they are all parodies of real life items. Just saying

Edited by ihaywirei
  • Like 5