"Lost" Alice

People keep thinking I'm saying "Daisy"

I'm one of those annoying people that talks about their favorite video game(s) a lot.

Has this happened to you? Halfway though the conversation the person you're talking to finally asks why you're talking so fanatically about killer plant life, and then asks if it's anything like Plants VS Zombies.

This has happened to me in 3 different conversations I swear, and I don't know how to get around it without sounding like some OCD spelling nazi.

Edited by "Lost" Alice
  • Like 3

I call it Day Zee even though I say "zed" everywhere else.

I've heard some people call it "days", and that just sounds weird...

Edit: actually Day Zed makes sense since they're zeds, not zees, no one calls zombies zees. And no I don't care about the etymology of the game title, the Z stands for zombie in my books, sue me.

Edited by Gews

"Zed" is the primary pronounciation of the letter 'Z', "Zee" is secondary. I have never understood why everyone calls it "Day Zee".

I call it Day Zee even though I say "zed" everywhere else.

I've heard some people call it "days", and that just sounds weird...

Edit: actually Day Zed makes sense since they're zeds, not zees, no one calls zombies zees. And no I don't care about the etymology of the game title, the Z stands for zombie in my books, sue me.

You'd think it would be Day Zed with that reasoning, but recently in a tweet, dean said he calls it "DayZee". There isn't a specific way of saying it though.

• Like 1

Daisy has the accent on the "Dā" sound.

DayZ should have the accent on the "Zēē" sound.

DAIsy / dayZ

• Like 3

Haha, I asked some people why there were playing with daisies :D

I pronounce it /Deɪ-Zɛd/, ofc.

Edited by Oompa

i say Dayzzzzzz, i like it better then DayZed, just me :3

• Like 1

I think Daisy is a proper name for the game on servers that run crosshair on, 3rd person on, daytime only, 100+ vehicles and some custom loadout where u basically have everything u need

Ur playing Daisy

Edited by svisketyggeren

DayZee. I used to call it DayZed but that was just too much of a drag in the long run

I always thought that the "Z" in day DayZ stood for day zero. Day zero is everyone's starting pointing the game and it is one of the only things you see when you spawn in.

• Like 2

In the English language, in which we're speaking. Z is pronounced Zed.

However. With the game. I pronounce it DayZee

Zee is an american-english-ism.

Edited by Blindingsun

American here, call it Day Zee. No one seems to question it

I agree. Also, if they think your saying "daisy" then your saying to fast. Say it with a slight pause in between Day and Z. I've never been asked or questioned by anyone thinking that I'm talking about a plant.

• Like 1

Same. After talking about it for fifteen minutes, they'll say "Dude, why the fuck would any of us want to play a game called Daisy?"

• Like 1

I always use the American "zee" and have never had problems with people thinking I'm saying "Daisy". As others have noted, though, people periodically perk up and try to talk about Jay-Z, which is always fun.

Same. After talking about it for fifteen minutes, they'll say "Dude, why the fuck would any of us want to play a game called Daisy?"

Also, this.