madhellsing

Make the shelcasings stay until restart.

A great way for stalking is to find casing to tell the pattern of how many people or where they went from they casings left on the ground. Also you can tell what kind of gun is being used. So you know what you are up againt

Just a tought but don't have to be so detail but will be cool if one can study the shell casings kinda like the study body feature.

Much love to the DayZ team.

madhellsing

• Like 2

Sorry to say it, but this is most likely impossible. It would make the server have to work extremely hard to keep up with the amount of items in the game.

No way!

Are you gonna pick them up and reload them? I think not... this is not a bad suggestion but it would cause a ton of lag as Macabre said, just like dead bodies, etc already cause lag. It's just not worth seeing frames drop.

To reload maybe now that is a nice idea there ;D But to see whats around and a real life way to find people mostly. Would it really make lag? Because when you eat or drink a soda can one can drop the empty tin cans on the ground and will stay until restart tan tan taaaan! Just like the tin cans man. I can see this working already. But yeah pick them up to cover your self from being spoted.

Imagin getting a ninja skin for covering your self picking up shell casings yours and your team mates.

Brass catcher anyone?

This is a great idea. The Items wouldn't even need to be on the server. Example.. You could find a metal detector and scan an area with it, the server would just have to remember where someone fired their weapon which I think it does anyway.

• Like 1

Hello there

A lovely idea, but flawed.

Think of how many rounds are fired in one session you can't really compare shell casings to tin cans.

*if* it could be done, it'd be great.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

It would be bring it to a new level of reality. To be honest I would wait for it as long as they see need fit. This guys already have great cred to do so. The more increase in options on this game will make it so fit the reality of the graphics. Don't get me wrong man.

This game has already blown my mind with the high volume of options and how precise it is in most aspects. But more can never be bad. I will make this game of century for sure. Is just pure prime class gaming.

Would be a great way to up the notch.

Edited by madhellsing

It would be bring it to a new level of reality. To be honest I would wait for it as long as they see need fit. This guys already have great cred to do so. The more increase in options on this game will make it so fit the reality of the graphics. Don't get me wrong man.

This game has already blown my mind with the high volume of options and how precise it is in most aspects. But more can never be bad. I will make this game of century for sure. Is just pure prime class gaming.

Would be a great way to up the notch.

I hope you're willing to wait 4 years for technology to catch up, because no amount of optimization will really help with this.

I believe it should remain on the ground to a certain amount of casings. It's a good idea though.

• Like 1

I really believe that it can be done. There is always a way. I really think that the tin can example is just a start of point of view. Is just a matter ingenuity and of testing before taking it for granted, don't you think so. Anything is possible specially in gaming.

Anything now tought imposible today do to the current tecnology and put a date to where one see it possible do to current tecnology is unvalid, because tomorro could come a ingenious way to do so that exact same thing tought imposible- Bevis the Butthead

limit bullets, smallen the map heighten the detail, there's all sorts of ways to get it in, its just removing it is the problem unless you remove something else in the process. anyone remember the dupe glitch in oblivion?

Edited by psstloaf

limit bullets, smallen the map heighten the detail, there's all sorts of ways to get it in, its just removing it is the problem unless you remove something else in the process. anyone remember the dupe glitch in oblivion?

Yeah, lets half the map so we can have some metal shells on the floor!
  • Like 4

Dang, no thread crapping please. I only made a suggestion to add on to the realism not lag. How much lag you get from dropping tin cans every 10 minutes on a 50 player server man. Is easy to judge something as bad when one has no knowledge at it at all.

By the way you are talking about an old game there chief. Computer servers now a days are faster just so you know and can process more data.

Actually I would like to see even more items and player interaction options and even an increase as it has on bigger map in chern. As I seen on the updates on the stand alone game already there is a great increase of item placement and items all together so I dont see why not at all.

Tha could be done with a certain amout of shell casings first to see how it will handle to test.. Then you are more than welcom to say if you like it or not.

• Like 1

A great way for stalking is to find casing to tell the pattern of how many people or where they went from they casings left on the ground. Also you can tell what kind of gun is being used. So you know what you are up againt

How about throwing casings to make a distraction or to atract zombies

Just a tought but don't have to be so detail but will be cool if one can study the shell casings kinda like the study body feature.

Much love to the DayZ team.

madhellsing

Maybe they could do it the same way as tin cans, if there is no one in a certain radius of the casings, than they despawn. Also, it shouldn't be on every shot, just a chance of dropping a casing to reduce the lag a bit

• Like 1

Think about the pros and cons.

A lot more lag for little gain. There are way more important things to spend my FPS on than shell casings that I would never see in the grass.

Well, I play on Maxed settings, nd all I have to say is... Good luck finding them tiny little shits in the grass bud. Maybe in the city streets, but I can sure as hell tell you that IF I'm in cherno, the last thing I'm gonna do is zoom in to look at something on the ground that could cause me to see the same thing, fly inbetween my eyeballs.

• Like 1

How do you know something that was never done will cause lag?

real snipers and spec ops don't leave casings behind. They use a brass catcher or just simply specially snipers grab them becasue if they leave them behind they can get made on a perimeter. By finding this you can tell gun and actually follow someone and find them. This is great for snipers and just people on the look out to avoid or even find confrotation.

I see this working like when you make the pie on a door way you can spot the casings and know that someone is there. Like a sniper inside buildings that shoot trhough windows. I think this could be a good thing man.

If i'm in cherno and drop a tin can it stays there for someone in NWA to find until server restart. I don't see why this can't be done. I would be more real. I think I seen this on a arma2 mod already. But they despawn. Also a shellcasing or group of them don't have the same signature as a player.

This would be nice to have as an option to the new game. Even better this could be done to a update to test it and see if all the fears are just hot air. I really don't belive something realistic would be little gain at all. I think is awesome man

Edited by madhellsing

How do you know something that was never done will cause lag?

real snipers and spec ops don't leave casings behind. They use a brass catcher or just simply specially snipers grab them becasue if they leave them behind they can get made on a perimeter. By finding this you can tell gun and actually follow someone and find them. This is great for snipers and just people on the look out to avoid or even find confrotation.

I see this working like when you make the pie on a door way you can spot the casings and know that someone is there. Like a sniper inside buildings that shoot trhough windows. I think this could be a good thing man.

If i'm in cherno and drop a tin can it stays there for someone in NWA to find until server restart. I don't see why this can't be done. I would be more real. I think I seen this on a arma2 mod already. But they despawn. Also a shellcasing or group of them don't have the same signature as a player.

This would be nice to have as an option to the new game. Even better this could be done to a update to test it and see if all the fears are just hot air. I really don't belive something realistic would be little gain at all. I think is awesome man

How do we know? There's already examples. Go into Arma and spawn fifty vehicles. Compare the FPS between that and no vehicles. There's a difference.Now imagine all of that spawing in within two minutes. Not only does it stress the server with physics calculatiosn, but it's also a lot of objects being spawned at once and that in itself is a lot for the server to deal with.A good firefight can put 300+ shell casings on the ground within two minutes. That could easily crash the server.

Vehicles really never dropped fps what did it was the 666 zombies I placed in Utes. Now there was mayor lag. Casings are very small items so will have a very small signature and will only have the inpect option. Now picking them up for reload is another story, so they can be placed as a type of loot I guess.

I just seen some updates on the stant alone and they looks to have so many new options already now if any lagg I'm sure this could be fixed with a update in codie. Just like is been done since the game came out.

I just saw it as an option to create more realism not lag at all and said why not. now this hasnt been done. I've placed ammo spawns on arma2 I mean thousands everywhere an didn't get the lag. When I saw the tin can thing that made it look more doable thats all.

Great critisism man because hopefully someone working on it could see the mayor interests or concerns people have about this. After all they know better than anyone.

Now I remember, I seen the shell casings on counterstrike. Now tell me that doesn't give you an edge to find other playas. I seen this in another came also just can't think of the name. This type of realism is used as a tactical advantage. People will be more careful to go gunho and use more melee weapons or the infamous silent crossbow. I've even seen a real life mini crossbow that special forces use. looks like little pistol ;D

Vehicles really never dropped fps what did it was the 666 zombies I placed in Utes. Now there was mayor lag. Casings are very small items so will have a very small signature and will only have the inpect option. Now picking them up for reload is another story, so they can be placed as a type of loot I guess.

I just seen some updates on the stant alone and they looks to have so many new options already now if any lagg I'm sure this could be fixed with a update in codie. Just like is been done since the game came out.

I just saw it as an option to create more realism not lag at all and said why not. now this hasnt been done. I've placed ammo spawns on arma2 I mean thousands everywhere an didn't get the lag. When I saw the tin can thing that made it look more doable thats all.

Great critisism man because hopefully someone working on it could see the mayor interests or concerns people have about this. After all they know better than anyone.

Now I remember, I seen the shell casings on counterstrike. Now tell me that doesn't give you an edge to find other playas. I seen this in another came also just can't think of the name. This type of realism is used as a tactical advantage. People will be more careful to go gunho and use more melee weapons or the infamous silent crossbow. I've even seen a real life mini crossbow that special forces use. looks like little pistol ;D

Its not really the size of the object that could cause the server to crash, it's the sheer amount of items that stress the server.Not only that, but adding in a couple hundred small objects can seriously affect framerates for players.

No way!

Are you gonna pick them up and reload them? I think not... this is not a bad suggestion but it would cause a ton of lag as Macabre said, just like dead bodies, etc already cause lag. It's just not worth seeing frames drop.

Dead bodies caused lag because people would kill themselves and respawn over and over again until they got a desired spawn. Imagine the server having to keep track of 100s of bodies all with loot inside of them.

This would cause lag.

Simple brass casses shouldnt be too taxing ,on that note bodies should stay in game for longer too.

I've notice on a server I played last nite that bodies stay even the zombies bodies wich was surprising. I could be worng but I hera the new DayZ is going to have mags where ou have to take care of them and the ammo boxes contain the bullets so you have to reload the mags. Like on real life :rolleyes:

Maybe they are already doing this about the shell casings. I think the lag is cause do to the Arma game it self. I've notice that on most mods there is a bit of problems do to having to work with the other system. Now this new DayZ I see, the possibilities are endless. If you notice even the zombies have better movement and pattern. This guys are going all out to be honest man.