proshooterbf@gmail.com

Is DayZ Popularity declining?

I know I may get alot of hate for the title, but i'm being serious here.

Basically, between the amount of hackers and ruthless bandits in the game, I feel like I'm seeing alot of empty servers lately.

Another reason I ask this, is that I've noticed that the amount of unique players in the game hasn't been rising very quickly. It seems as if less and less people join the DayZ community every day.

I don't know if this is just me or not. Din't get me wrong, I'm a MASSIVE DayZ fan, and I play quite a bit of the game. This is why i'm worried about the popularity of the game.

• Like 2

Empty PUBLIC SERVERS, you mean?

Private Servers are thriving.

Even from looking at videos of Standalone, when it is released the popularity will skyrocket.

It will destroy other zombie games.

It is end-game.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 9

Private servers are full all the time. The population is really spread out too. Additionally, a lot of people are just waiting for the SA.

• Like 2

Of course the popularity of DayZ is falling. Between the rampant script faggots kiddies, and the fact that 98% of the playerbase are weakling KoS'ers, there's just not much reason to play the game constantly. Even white-listed servers aren't safe from skiddies.

Not to mention that the general thought towards DayZ is 'Oh cool, I can legitimately grief people who don't even have weapons? :D '. Those people make up almost half of the playerbase, from what I've seen. People that just want to shoot other people and nothing else. Period.

So with the recent patches making it more about survival and less about sitting on a hillside shooting helpless new spawns, the game is just losing players.

You'll see the same thing with the standalone. Popularity for 6 months or a year, and then declining, with brief growth spurts when new patches drop. It's a fate that this genre is doomed to. It's just not the type you can play constantly forever without it getting boring. Especially in its current state. Once you figure out how to gear up easily, all that's left is shooting other people. Or (ahahaha) helping other people and getting shot in the back when you're done helping them. People get bored of that pretty quick.

Not to mention that average twelve year old who picks up the game has the attention span of a gnat with ADD, and when they get bored, they turn skiddie with mommies money and chase away other players.

Vicious cycle. Etc.

It'll be better once the standalone drops. For a while.

• Like 3

I know I may get alot of hate for the title, but i'm being serious here.

Basically, between the amount of hackers and ruthless bandits in the game, I feel like I'm seeing alot of empty servers lately.

Another reason I ask this, is that I've noticed that the amount of unique players in the game hasn't been rising very quickly. It seems as if less and less people join the DayZ community every day.

I don't know if this is just me or not. Din't get me wrong, I'm a MASSIVE DayZ fan, and I play quite a bit of the game. This is why i'm worried about the popularity of the game.

The "unique player counter" only applies to the amount of people playing on servers that are connected to the official DayZ-hive.

At one point Rocket pretty much locked it to a certain amount when the amount of unique players was getting absurdly high(Or was it low? Can't recall the exact reason.), but it seems to have started adjusting itself again.

the counter doesn't keep track of private hives or fan-made versions of DayZ, hence the decline of "unique players."

Let's look at DayZ Commander, and remove all server filters.

> 6071 servers found. 3357 of them have players in them, currently.

> 2693 servers have over 10 people in them.

Edit; If I hide servers that are unresponsive to me and ones that are empty, I still get well over 750 servers that I can play on.

That is a (pardon my language) SHITLOAD of servers dedicated to a single mod.

Even if the popularity of DayZ was "declining," the amount of servers is absurd. Higher than some F2P or triple-A games have.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

Okay, Inception, I've been wanting to say this... F^CK YOU!!! No, like serious... F^CK YOU!!! As for the orginal topic, yes, between hackers who love to have hot sweet roosters shoved up their arses, and a-hole bandits, yea, this game has made me regret dropping 25 billies on it. As for private servers... really... I spend my hard earned money on this game, then need to resort to effing private servers just to be able to enjoy it, just becuase the jack offs who created it and "run it" can't control effing hackers!!!... bandits, ok, I really don't mind bandits... they can be annoying, but that's just part of the game :) ... but f@ggot a$$ hackers who jump in and kill days worth of work!!! F^CK that!!! And Inception, you have striked me as a serious piece of effing cow sh!t since I started reading this forum scant weeks ago... please go f^ck yourself!!!!

Edited by Inception.
Yeah, no. First post and you're already making yourself look like an utter moron.

No... Like serious... Inception... F^CK YOU to the fullest exent of the use of those two words!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cfh0384

No... Like serious... Inception... F^CK YOU to the fullest exent of the use off those two words!!!!!!!!!!

F^CK YOU!

F^CK YOU!

What on earth is your problem with me, lol? Did you create your account just to hate on me?

• Like 4

Obviously it's not nearly as popular as it was summer '12, I quit for almost six months and I am amazed that so many people still play with all the cheating.

I don't think most people even realize how bad the situation is on private servers; scripting in general is harmful but players/squads who play seriously and use undetectable/less suspicious hacks, such as map hacks, are significantly worse than thunderdome.

Okay, Inception, I've been wanting to say this... F^CK YOU!!! No, like serious... F^CK YOU!!! As for the orginal topic, yes, between hackers who love to have hot sweet roosters shoved up their arses, and a-hole bandits, yea, this game has made me regret dropping 25 billies on it. As for private servers... really... I spend my hard earned money on this game, then need to resort to effing private servers just to be able to enjoy it, just becuase the jack offs who created it and "run it" can't control effing hackers!!!... bandits, ok, I really don't mind bandits... they can be annoying, but that's just part of the game :) ... but f@ggot a$$ hackers who jump in and kill days worth of work!!! F^CK that!!! And Inception, you have striked me as a serious piece of effing cow sh!t since I started reading this forum scant weeks ago... please go f^ck yourself!!!!

Some one forgot to take meds this morning

• Like 1

What on earth is your problem with me, lol? Did you create your account just to hate on me?

Not really... and yes... perhaps I am being a total rooster... but man... you can be a total rooster!

Not really... and yes... perhaps I am being a total rooster... but man... you can be a total rooster!

Could you please extract the text in which you think I am being a total rooster?

Love your avatar by the way

• Like 4

No... Like serious... Inception... F^CK YOU to the fullest exent of the use of those two words!!!!!!!!!!

....for real?

Who the fuck is this guy?

• Like 2

So, ladies and gentlemen, cfh0384, is definitely not an example of what to do.

User suspended temporarily.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 3

steam keeps selling this game and it hasn't moved from the top sold page which means its still selling. I myself play very limited but that's because I'm mainly waiting for standalone

Bear in mind that despite the fact that popularity isn't dwindling, a lot of people decided to take a break from the mod until the initial standalone release.

edit: also, I enjoyed the bit where he said 'Fuck you' to Inception.

people who get so, so god damn angry, and still can't bring themselves to fully type out a swear word :wub:

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 2

I think a lot of people are just bored.. there's simply not enough to do in game to keep anyone occupied for more than a couple of months. at least that's what I've heard from everyone I know who's played and stopped playing. once you can survive in the wild. it's just a Pvp game..... there's not enough character progression to keep people involved at the moment.

• Like 1

Wow..... Just wow.....

I am very honestly surprised that the facility you reside in, gives you access to a computer..... Let alone the internet :o

• Like 1

Beans for keeping your cool.

I'd have given you permanent beans for a permanent suspension. :)

• Like 1

Empty PUBLIC SERVERS, you mean?

Private Servers are thriving.

Even from looking at videos of Standalone, when it is released the popularity will skyrocket.

It will destroy other zombie games.

It is end-game.

Sure, untill a new Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil comes out.

• Like 1

Sure, untill a new Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil comes out.

IT IS END-GAME

• Like 3

No the number of player playing the mod never been so high and here's the proof :

http://data.imagup.c.../1176105047.png

the graph is from steam stats : Arma 2 operation arrowhead players.

Also you'll notice Arma 2 CO is still regularly in the top 3 on steam.

And remember only a small portion of players use steam to play DayZ.

up to date source : http://steamstatshis...ppspot.com/list

EDIT : the website says "not very reliable", but I don't see why not, given it is using the data freely available at steam to make the graphs

Edited by Bat

i feel that it is slowing slightly everyone seems to just be sitting round waiting for the SA, i personally have been playing a shit load of Wasteland, its a nice change of pace.

As soon as the SA launches it will be the end game