SmashT

DayZ Devblog 15th February 2013

guess...who got one!!!11ONEELEVEN

: (

Edited by joe_mcentire

^ Bastard :(

Wonder how long until they release the rest... Literally can't wait to get stuck in.

Private Hive disscussion? Probs General tho :/

thx m8...but where to post about a new map planned for the SA later on ;) I am looking for people willing to team up...(finished the heightmap today)

it would be the best and most reasonable thing, of course, to stream videos of those closed beta-tests. It is obvious that no bugs or oddities will stay undetected under our Argus eyes. Therefore we all can help to improve the game in such an early stage... :P

...but tbh why not!?

NPCs ? If I was to spot a NPC I would kill it straight away and loot it's corpse. Or another player would do it before anyone could even have access to the quest menu lol. Pretty useless stuff IMO.

EDIT : Did I just read 30 keys were sent to 30 lucky bastards? Looks like we might not be that far from initial release!

Edited by Bat
  • Like 2

but so much to do?! hope it is not too early...i want this to be such a huge success, please for god's sake MORE HASTE LESS SPEED!

How I hope we'll see a continuation of the Days Ahead series from ShackTac. They were among the first to play the mod when it was first released, so it seems fitting. :)

• Like 1

How I hope we'll see a continuation of the Days Ahead series from ShackTac. They were among the first to play the mod when it was first released, so it seems fitting. :)

yep would be amazing!

Because, let's face it, DayZ is successful because of the interesting player interactions it has enabled - not because of anything directly written or scripted in the game by me. It is sort of a "build it and they will come" philosophy, that if we give players as many tools as possible to interact - they will do interesting things. Considering how much creativity we have seen from the fairly meager pickings available in the mod, I am hopeful that we will see some amazing stuff in the standalone.

i dont use the word epic lightly, but to me dayz is epic because of the sandbox nature,perma-death and player interaction, not because of zombies or any other scripted/npc content. in other open worlds one sees the same, there are always creative people making their own stories, these stories resonate more than anything scripted ever can, i hope you hold on to this part of your vision for the game and dont listen to those people who lack imagination.

• Like 2

Gentlemen, all this may not matter for now. It could be mere weeks until release!

https://twitter.com/...534128928796673

first 30 keys, than 150, than 500, bug fixes all the time...

I hope you are correct, end of March could be the date

Disclaimer: as was proven in the past I'm a lousy fortuneteller

• Like 1

i dont use the word epic lightly, but to me dayz is epic because of the sandbox nature,perma-death and player interaction, not because of zombies or any other scripted/npc content. in other open worlds one sees the same, there are always creative people making their own stories, these stories resonate more than anything scripted ever can, i hope you hold on to this part of your vision for the game and dont listen to those people who lack imagination.

Based on my early warnings taken without heed, I wish to say in advance "I told you so".

Edited by codestargod

half a year before the truth sinks in... a year until it becomes a shell.

Edited by codestargod

but it allows us the ability to continue each week to release content updates with new weapons and items.

it this going to be free or charged content ?

hoping this doesnt become a buy blahblah weapon each week or magic shoes for 2 quid. alo of devs are doing this at moment and it is annoying.

great blog but please dont rape us with dlc or extras in costs.

but it allows us the ability to continue each week to release content updates with new weapons and items.

hoping this doesnt become a buy blahblah weapon each week or magic shoes for 2 quid. alo of devs are doing this at moment and it is annoying.

We wont have to pay for anything appart from the initial game. Methinks Rocket dislikes paid DLC a deal. :P

• Like 1

Yea, unfortunately, they make more money this way.

Can you post what was said from this Twitter post? I'm at work and don't have access to Twitter at the moment.

Thanks

Stability issues from last week resolved this morning, which means... Limited capacity testing has BEGUN. 30 keys were issued today for this

• Like 2

since when do game developers have more power than their publisher? no really i don't have any idea about that stuff!

since when do game developers have more power than their publisher? no really i don't have any idea about that stuff!

Depends on what developer and what publisher we are talking about. :)