_Anubis_ (DayZ)

NVG glasses in 1.7.5.1 [warning: spoiler]

This is wrong. The whole idea of removing them is wrong.

I doubt they'd be removed, seeing as Rocket was talking about breakable NVGs being in the standalone.

Game doesn't need more military bullshit.

It needs more typical civilian guns. Assorted types of shotguns, e.g. over-under versions, side-by-side which we have, pump action, single shots... and it needs more hunting style rifles such as CZ550, but also unscoped ironsight rifles such as the Enfield, or other types of clip rifles like 30-06 and various other calibers like .273, .280, .300 with different shot trajectories and "flatness" on the bullet path.

Also the game needs more pistols and revolves, not to mention baseball bats, wooden planks with nails, table legs, fists, knuckleirons, knives and other easy to find melee style weapons.

If I wanted to use a bloody AS50 I would play, oh I dunno... the actual ArmA2 game and not the DayZ mod.

Mccullin.. Can you please post a 2000 word reply next time?

Some1 please wash the sand out of their crack........

Oh, hey, my name again in an unquoted post!

That's just my thing, posting long replies. I do that so no one can come up with any bullshit "Well you didn't say this, or you didn't cover this" I make it so there actually is no confusion. I give many, many reasons so that by the time you're done reading, hopefully your argument is invalid.

I don't care what you think. I do what I do, and I have no problem with it. You do? Well the only argument I have there after explaining myself is, I really don't give a fuck. You still read it, anyway.

That's the problem.

It means all the 'old' players who have NVG will have a permanent edge because now NVG are nearly impossible to get.

_Anubis_

If DayZ was a true Alpha, they would do character wipes every patch. Sadly, that's not what they do.

Game doesn't need more military bullshit.

It needs more typical civilian guns. Assorted types of shotguns, e.g. over-under versions, side-by-side which we have, pump action, single shots... and it needs more hunting style rifles such as CZ550, but also unscoped ironsight rifles such as the Enfield, or other types of clip rifles like 30-06 and various other calibers like .273, .280, .300 with different shot trajectories and "flatness" on the bullet path.

Also the game needs more pistols and revolves, not to mention baseball bats, wooden planks with nails, table legs, fists, knuckleirons, knives and other easy to find melee style weapons.

If I wanted to use a bloody AS50 I would play, oh I dunno... the actual ArmA2 game and not the DayZ mod.

I think someone needs to make a map that's really rural, and then a high industrial city somewhere or something. Like a poor country, not much military. I think it'd have interesting gameplay.

Maybe.

We just need to try it, goddamn it!

Lets be honest here, do NVGs really belong in a survival game? Same goes for .50 cal and thermal weapons. They don't, at all.

I've been playing on a server without all of that crap and it's been great

I see it like this. We all spawn on equal footing. It is then up to us to find items to gear up. Just because some are too lazy or choose not to run the map looking for gear doesn't mean we should all be restricted. My partner and I have found at least 5 pairs of NVG in the past 2 weeks. We just found some yesterday in a chopper sitting by the Polana factory. As most seem to like sitting in Elektro or Cherno, sure your not going to find them. We will spend nights just moving around looking for chopper crashes or sneaking into the barracks to find cool loot. Sometimes we find good stuff, sometimes we don't. That is the game. If I find something I don't need, I will give it away. I may put it in a broken down vehicle for someone to find easier. It all depends.

I have also never been killed at a chopper crash. I have found them already looted and I have found them full of loot. I have found them with players there but I am not interested in killing folks to take what they got so I observe from afar, see which way they move and move another direction. I may wait for them to leave and pick up scraps. It all depends. I actually found NVGs at a crash site that was being looted. I noticed I had seen nobody looking under the heli so I waited until they were gone and took a look. Oh wow. NVG's.

What happened to getting rewarded for hard work. I don't want the easy way out. This world is full of people who have advantages over others. When I see a guy in a Ferrari pull up next to me, I don't say "It's not fair that he gets that and I don't. He can get chicks easier because of his car and that's not fair." I just need to work harder I guess. My brother in law has an 08 STi with better mods that is faster than my 05. At the track he woops me up. I don't cry about him having better parts. I just need to put in the work to get better parts if I want to keep up. Such is life.

If you are getting killed by NVG wearing snipers, be more careful. Regardless of the tools, someone will kill you. Why not just remove all loot but food, drink and vehicle parts. Remove all guns and have everyone spawn with a pistol. Would that be equal enough? I guess there would still be people with vehicles and some without. That would be an advantage. Remove those also I suppose. Better yet. Just spawn everyone fully geared in Elektro and remove all loot so there is no need to leave. We can all kill each other. Oh wait, we already have that in COD. I guess we could just sit around singing Kumbaya then. Now that would be a game worth playing.

• Like 1

That's the same as saying that when someone finds an assault rifle, it's not fair to other players that have a winchester or an enfield...come on, that's just stupid. They're not gonna remove it, there's nothing wrong with it.

now whats wrong with enfield? apart from the sound radius that is.. ive got more pvp kills with it than any other weapon and a few were at 400m+ wich may not be amazing but better than ive done with the ak74 family, m4 family or the m16 family, hell im happy if i get someone at 200m range with only one clip with those weapons.

I think someone needs to make a map that's really rural, and then a high industrial city somewhere or something. Like a poor country, not much military. I think it'd have interesting gameplay.

Maybe.

We just need to try it, goddamn it!

Uhh... like Takistan and Fallujah? Or Taviana? Or Panthera?

I would like some NVG glasses...Because those "goggles" sure are heavy...

Hopefully they'll be removed soon. It's not fair at all to players who don't have them, as those who do have a SERIOUS advantage.

Bullshit, high gamma beats night vision unless there is no moonlight or it rains.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with items that provide a huge advantage (not that this is the case here). AS50s, certain vehicles and larger backpacks that allow weapon swapping provide a huge advantage too, guess what, you are free to obtain all of those like everyone else and enjoy the advantage yourself.

• Like 1

All of those have a shit load of military spawns .. at least a lot more than Chernarus.

Hell, Fallujah has a total of twenty-seven barracks at the airfield.

Edited by Willy Wonka

Only one of those is rural and it has heli wrecks and barracks every 10 feet....

Sahrani on the other hand... lol shameless...

Seriously military loot is HARD to come by in our game BUT we unban LOTS of cool stuff and will continue to do so... also have started adding game mechanics and will add MUCH more.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/123669-dayz-sahrani-initial-test-release-of-v02-is-out-join-the-fun/

• Like 2

Bullshit, high gamma beats night vision unless there is no moonlight or it rains.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with items that provide a huge advantage (not that this is the case here). AS50s, certain vehicles and larger backpacks that allow weapon swapping provide a huge advantage too, guess what, you are free to obtain all of those like everyone else and enjoy the advantage yourself.

What if rocket (or ANY other dev member, out of the what, 500?), being the smart man he is, realizes this, and removes the ability to raise your gamma? Say he tested it, any any computer with a reasonable brightness already should be able to run the game with the default gamma, and actually have it be a bit bright? I think it's definitely possible to remove this kind of thing, or keeping it from being abused. I don't raise my gamma. That's BS. I expect others to have the kind of decency not to piss and whine that it's dark and deal with it. Nighttime sucks, but you live with it, you don't raise your gamma....

Now what? Now that gamma is gone, are NVGs better? Now how will everyone see in the dark oh god our bullshit baby way has been thrown out the window someone call the cops this guy is trying to kill me. Think about it if players can't abuse their settings.

I think I second the guy who said that AS50s and their whole family don't belong in a survival game. The last of them sure would not be in Chernarus, that's for certain. An AS50 is so heavy, you have to fire it while laying down or you'll probably be herniated, and it definitely won't be accurate. The spotter has to carry ALL the gear because just the gun is heavier than both their gear combined.

You would move at a speed of 5mph running as fast as you could with this big, bulky .50 cal anti-matierial rifle that has no business being in a game where there is no need for such a gun. Except maybe helicopters, but you can take that out with an LMG just fine. Or even a DMR.

Edited by McCullins

Takistan... sucks. You're too loud, too visable, can't get rid of zombies in the buildings because just about every single one will get you trapped. Fallujah... sucks, same reasons, and has a giant airfield everyone goes to and just milks the barracks for weapons. Starts killing everyone... Try again? Ok.. Panthera. Rural. Crashes. Everywhere. 2 (or 3, maybe) airfields as well.

Takistan... sucks. You're too loud, too visable, can't get rid of zombies in the buildings because just about every single one will get you trapped. Fallujah... sucks, same reasons, and has a giant airfield everyone goes to and just milks the barracks for weapons. Starts killing everyone... Try again? Ok.. Panthera. Rural. Crashes. Everywhere. 2 (or 3, maybe) airfields as well.

It's really looking like DayZ may not be the game for you. Most of your posts just seem to say the game is too hard.

Remove this, change that, make it fair, cupcakes and hugs all around.

NO!

This mod is not meant to be easy.

All of those have a shit load of military spawns .. at least a lot more than Chernarus.

Hell, Fallujah has a total of twenty-seven barracks at the airfield.

Only one of those is rural and it has heli wrecks and barracks every 10 feet....

Sahrani on the other hand... lol shameless...

Seriously military loot is HARD to come by in our game BUT we unban LOTS of cool stuff and will continue to do so... also have started adding game mechanics and will add MUCH more.

Military loot too plentiful; why is that? Would it be due to these being released as "unofficial" maps? Umm... yes.

If the devs would release these officially for DayZ then they'd be (one would assume) styled more to DayZ and not to ArmA as they are now.

Removing something because "everyone" doesnt have them is a failed move in my opinion. The fact they are in DayZ is a +. If all things we consider OP yet rare are removed (includes helipcopters too, ppl complain more about that than any other), the game would lose some of the charm that sets it apart from other shooters.

• Like 1

What if rocket (or ANY other dev member, out of the what, 500?), being the smart man he is, realizes this, and removes the ability to raise your gamma? Say he tested it, any any computer with a reasonable brightness already should be able to run the game with the default gamma, and actually have it be a bit bright? I think it's definitely possible to remove this kind of thing, or keeping it from being abused. I don't raise my gamma. That's BS. I expect others to have the kind of decency not to piss and whine that it's dark and deal with it. Nighttime sucks, but you live with it, you don't raise your gamma....

Now what? Now that gamma is gone, are NVGs better? Now how will everyone see in the dark oh god our bullshit baby way has been thrown out the window someone call the cops this guy is trying to kill me. Think about it if players can't abuse their settings.

I think I second the guy who said that AS50s and their whole family don't belong in a survival game. The last of them sure would not be in Chernarus, that's for certain. An AS50 is so heavy, you have to fire it while laying down or you'll probably be herniated, and it definitely won't be accurate. The spotter has to carry ALL the gear because just the gun is heavier than both their gear combined.

You would move at a speed of 5mph running as fast as you could with this big, bulky .50 cal anti-matierial rifle that has no business being in a game where there is no need for such a gun. Except maybe helicopters, but you can take that out with an LMG just fine. Or even a DMR.

A .50 cal weighs around 30 pounds; while it isn't light, it isn't as difficult to carry around as people make it out to be.

And I repeat, something not being needed is not a valid argument. So you found an extremely rare .50 cal or NVG, enjoy it while you have it, cause you will lose it eventually.

• Like 1

It's really looking like DayZ may not be the game for you. Most of your posts just seem to say the game is too hard.

Remove this, change that, make it fair, cupcakes and hugs all around.

NO!

This mod is not meant to be easy.

Lol, a lot of my posts are about people sucking it up and realizing that this is a survival game, and that you aren't always meant to be OK, and that you need to survive whatever is thrown at you.

But this just isn't realistic. These NVGs give such a clear picture. They allow people with them to do so much. It takes away from the survival part of the mod. You can't survive something that you can't see. You have no control over it. It is so easy to take advantage of things when you have those glasses. And the gamma. Remove abusing gamma and lower the effectivness of NVGs so they're fair, and I will not have ANY problem whatsoever. It's just ridiculous right now. I spent 4 hours on Dobry with a DMR and NVGs looking at Electro, and I knew exactly what was going on all the time. I could see anything I wanted clear as day. If I was going to pop anyone, they had no defense. Doesn't matter if I was a sniper or not. If I'd gone down with my AK they couldn't do much either so long as I didn't do anything stupid I wouldn't during the day.

The point is, you can't talk about this mod being difficult in regards to this, because you can't really survive someone with NVGs unless they miss, or are stupid and you figure out they're there. Otherwise you're at that mercy, and there's nothing you can do. Nothing difficult about it.

Edited by McCullins