whatsmynameagain

wait or late? what if next gen consoles come?

should rocket wait till next gen consoles come or risk publishing it for current consoles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should rocket wait for next gen consoles or simply publish dayz or risk by publishing it on current consoles that might be dated?

should rocket wait for the rumored next gen consoles coming or should he publish dayz for consoles and risk it being dated? please don't hate. Thank you for your time.

It wont be ready for console by fall anyways.

But i image if it does go to console itll be ported to both new and old gen

Even with SA foundation release imminent, DayZ will not be a finished game for at least another year, probably more.

The next-gen consoles will likely be well-rooted by the time a port of DayZ comes around.

(just my estimation)

Yea but console kiddies love giving away their parents money for dlcs

I vote no for consoles personally. This is a PC relic that allows the game to be very flexible through regular updates.

you are suppose to click no, not simply post it as a comment.

I didn't vote, because I think that DayZ needs to stay on PC.

Console players already get served everything on a silver plate.

When you get a gem like DayZ that's as good as it is, you need to keep it an exclusive.

But that's just my 2 Cents.

• Like 1

I vote no for consoles personally. This is a PC relic that allows the game to be very flexible through regular updates.
Like Minecraft, which is now available on Xbox360.

It doesn't matter if you "vote no". If it's a financially successful product, it will probably be ported to console.

Yea but console kiddies love giving away their parents money for dlcs

I personally don't like paying for updates. I have a console but I'm not buying dlc every time its offered.

• Like 1

Hello there

I didn't vote for either version as there should be no thought of console development until the PC game is fully released. I want no compromises to consoles.

Look at what happened with skyrim.

After the game is released and IF it's successful, then perhaps a console version should/may be looked at.

No development until then, unless its apart from the core dev.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Not voting personally it's a no for consoles completely to me.

• Like 1

I don't think it should go out for consoles. They did that for Minecraft, and look how horrid it is on the 360. I wouldn't want something like that for DayZ, but if it is going to released on consoles sooner or later, then I would wait since the possibility of the newer versions will be coming on.

I don't think it should go out for consoles. They did that for Minecraft, and look how horrid it is on the 360. I wouldn't want something like that for DayZ, but if it is going to released on consoles sooner or later, then I would wait since the possibility of the newer versions will be coming on.

it isn't horrid for the Xbox..... quite enjoyable if you ask me

• Like 2

With standard hardware accross the board, there's a good chance any console port will run better on next-gen consoles than it would on most contemporary PCs. Owing to the fact that it can be optimised fully, with zero guesswork.

Development of a console version CAN NOT begin until the game is considered complete. And that won't be any time in the near future.

Current-gen consoles are getting to be 8 years old. It's no suprise that the PC elite will scoff at the idea of DayZ on Xbox or Playstation.

IMHO it's pretty short sighted to deny the potential, and pretty ignorant considering any port (which would probably be outsourced to another studio) wouldn't affect the PC version's development in the slightest.

it isn't horrid for the Xbox..... quite enjoyable if you ask me

I just don't enjoy it on the Xbox as much as I do on PC, being that it's not completely up-to-date, mod support, texture packs, etc. It's probably just me though.

How about a poll answer that say's: "No, because DayZ should stay exclusivly for PC"

Consoles already got almost every game and the PC players get a shitty port with horrible controls for it, mostly...

Red Dead Redemption was never released on PC, Motorstorm and Heavy Rain too.

With standard hardware accross the board, there's a good chance any console port will run better on next-gen consoles than it would on most contemporary PCs. Owing to the fact that it can be optimised fully, with zero guesswork.

Development of a console version CAN NOT begin until the game is considered complete. And that won't be any time in the near future.

Current-gen consoles are getting to be 8 years old. It's no suprise that the PC elite will scoff at the idea of DayZ on Xbox or Playstation.

IMHO it's pretty short sighted to deny the potential, and pretty ignorant considering any port (which would probably be outsourced to another studio) wouldn't affect the PC version's development in the slightest.

Of course it's easy to port and it's crappy on the PC if you don't port it right...well it's not like the game was programmed on a console...so why does it run crappy on PCs? Obvioulsy because they didn't really want to port it, they had to because there was a tiny demand...Some devs are good at porting though, a gamer magazine even embarrased some devs from some bigger companies why a small company could make a gam that runs the same on PC and consoles.

Even with the next gen consoles are released, they will be outdated in half a year because the PC development never stops and guess what kind of hardware is running a console... Consoles will always be a step behind the PC no matter what because they will not have an evolution for a long time after release. You just have to take a look at the current consoles and see how they held back the development of games in the last years and how mindless most games are. At least most devs saved us from those games by not porting them.

Reminds me of a poll I saw recently:

What did you Enjoy most about this year's Super Bowl?

*Yes

*No

Starting to wounder if your name is Troll.

Make it for PC. Release it in early state. Go off to Everest. Everyone plays. Rocket returns. Takes feedback. Improves game over the span of two years. Releases final version. Then and only then think about consoles.

Why does everyone seem to think next-gen consoles are going to come out before/any time near the release of Day Z?

None of them have been announced yet. It's all speculation.

Why does everyone seem to think next-gen consoles are going to come out before/any time near the release of Day Z?

None of them have been announced yet. It's all speculation.

Feb. 20th Sony is announcing the PS4.

E3 2013 Microsoft is announcing the next Xbox.

Dev Kits have been out for the last 8 months.

PR's and Reps for both companies have confirmed both consoles long ago.

There are more then 5 Companies, that I can think of off the top of my head that are currently developing for the next consoles.

...Where have you been? :P

Rocket has already said that console development would only be considered if DayZ reached over 1million sales and even then it would be developed by a different team. Whatever happens with consoles in the futere it will in no way effect the develpment of the PC version so there's no need for anyone to get thier knickers in a twist. Just for clarification, here's some quotes of his on the subject:

"It's just basic maths really. Anyone in the video game industry would say the same thing, once a game reaches a certain point - the likelihood of some kind of console port becomes quite high. Cross-platform releases are about maximizing sales. I care about zero for consoles, personally. I have an Xbox 360 they gave me with my tv, I played for about a few hours and it just wasn't for me. I used to work at Sidhe interactive and that really reinforced for me I don't like console GAMES nor the DEVELOPMENT of them. But many people do, so I would personally not have anything against a DayZ console port - although I struggle to see how I would personally be involved in such a development. I mean, I really couldn't care if there was a current gen console port. Anyone thinking my comments constitutes news really bemuses me, it's seems very obvious to me: certain number of sales = console port = more sales?"

"If it was developed concurrently cross platform then yes, it would impact (i.e. Skyrim, XCOM). I would be, ahem, very unhappy with such a thing.

But if independently of PC, it gets released on the Mac, iPhone, casio wristwatch, tibetian-ceremonial-balsa-wood-entertainment-drums ... who really cares? 2012 is the year of the PC game, the console manufactures know it, and they need to deliver for 2013 and beyond. We make the PC standalone development the best it can be... and if that translates well to another platform, cool! it means more players, and ultimately more customers."

"If it was developed concurrently cross platform then yes, it would impact (i.e. Skyrim, XCOM). I would be, ahem, very unhappy with such a thing.

But if independently of PC, it gets released on the Mac, iPhone, casio wristwatch, tibetian-ceremonial-balsa-wood-entertainment-drums ... who really cares? 2012 is the year of the PC game, the console manufactures know it, and they need to deliver for 2013 and beyond. We make the PC standalone development the best it can be... and if that translates well to another platform, cool! it means more players, and ultimately more customers."

P.S - I didn't answer the poll because it's flawed.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Im all for dayz on consoles, but let them wait for it. Give it a year and half or longer. Im not voting as I dont care for these polls.

it's getting like warz with pointless polls

* SNIP*
On release, consoles will be on par with gaming PCs in general. More than capable of running DayZ and probably many more modern games (like the Witcher 3 when it eventually shows up!!)

Console games can be crafted and tweaked to work perfectly with their hardware. It's just a fact of life.

This isn't about your ability to upgrade a PC, and I'm not making unreasonable statements. But it didn't take long for you to jump straight on the defensive.

Crappy ports are usually console to PC ports. PC to console tend to be far better in terms of what people believe the "closed" machines are capable of.

PC, being open source and entirely open to upgrades, is a different kettle of fish.

I don't understand the attitude. They're different platforms, they'll be performing different functions.

The elitism is just juvenile.