griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

Cheers mate. :beans: Echoing what another poster mentioned before though; It's quite hard to keep up with info coming from so many different sources!

Really when I want to make sure I haven't miss anything about dev status, I check rocket's reddit overview, rocket's twitter, and rocket's overview on these forums.

If there's nothing new from these 3 sources, then there's nothing new at all.

Really when I want to make sure I haven't miss anything about dev status, I check rocket's reddit overview, rocket's twitter, and rocket's overview on these forums.

If there's nothing new from these 3 sources, then there's nothing new at all.

What about his mail and his garbage? You might be missing good stuff.

• Like 9

What about his mail and his garbage? You might be missing good stuff.

I heard if you sleep in one of his shirts he throws out you get early access to the standalone.

• Like 2

Realism - why all food, drinks in Chernarus are US made? I know, some can be, because here was troops, but all? In local supermarkets? Adding new bitmaps to models will be not that hard, but effect will be cool. All zeds don't looks like a cola drinkers. Maybe Bummer, but he is in L4D2 not in Dayz :D

As far as I know, there will be no brand name items no DAYZ SA (US or other wise). Last I heard all companies were contacted about using their brands, but none have responded back...

As far as I know, there will be no brand name items no DAYZ SA (US or other wise). Last I heard all companies were contacted about using their brands, but none have responded back...

As long as we get our Lightfoot Twinkies, I am fine with any food in DayZ.

I just hope they don't make them look silly. I mean, ARMA's got "Hand Over" or whatever for Land Rover, and "Timax" for Timex. Which is reasonable I just hope they don't opt for generic "CHIPS" like I saw in War Z. The Heinz beans are pretty sweet, I hope they can make the branded items look authentic without having sex with copyrights.

I just hope they don't make them look silly. I mean, ARMA's got "Hand Over" or whatever for Land Rover, and "Timax" for Timex. Which is reasonable I just hope they don't opt for generic "CHIPS" like I saw in War Z. The Heinz beans are pretty sweet, I hope they can make the branded items look authentic without having sex with copyrights.

Well, I don't know if it's just me but if you look closely at the bean tins in the devblog it looks as if the name is now 'Heznob' or something similar. Just what I saw, watch and see if you can see it too.

Am sure this question has been answered/asked before so I am sorry if it as. I am most likely going to get a lecture here but I think it will benefit DayZ. Will DayZ standalone have controller support like the Xbox 360 controller. Pretty much all the latest games suppose the Xbox 360 controller and Steam are also promoting controller use with PC games. I am fine with keyboard and mouse. But a few of my console friends are looking into moving from console to PC.

One of the main concerns they have is getting use to play Keyboard and mouse. I have assured them that there is plenty of games on the PC that support the Xbox controller. But most of them really want to play DayZ. I know there is a advantage with keyboard and mouse but in my experience this is very low. So am hoping DayZ SA will support Xbox controller am fine with it not being on top of there list to implant at the moment but I would like to see it implanted at one point. Grab them console players by the balls and pull them towards PC gaming.

Am sure this question has been answered/asked before so I am sorry if it as. I am most likely going to get a lecture here but I think it will benefit DayZ. Will DayZ standalone have controller support like the Xbox 360 controller. Pretty much all the latest games suppose the Xbox 360 controller and Steam are also promoting controller use with PC games. I am fine with keyboard and mouse. But a few of my console friends are looking into moving from console to PC.

One of the main concerns they have is getting use to play Keyboard and mouse. I have assured them that there is plenty of games on the PC that support the Xbox controller. But most of them really want to play DayZ. I know there is a advantage with keyboard and mouse but in my experience this is very low. So am hoping DayZ SA will support Xbox controller am fine with it not being on top of there list to implant at the moment but I would like to see it implanted at one point. Grab them console players by the balls and pull them towards PC gaming.

I play DayZ with an Xbox controller. Even un-mapped, it is very capable. If I could only map the lean keys, inventory key, and the freelook key to one of the four or five un-used/redundant buttons on my controller I'd be 100%. As of now, I really only have to switch to the keyboard to use my inventory or freelook.

My concern with Standalone is whether controller support is maintained, enhanced, or dropped altogether. I'd rather one of the former choices rather than the latter.

Edited by Katana67

I dunno... I always thought controllers were more of a Sport games or Arcade games thing (FIFA, Racing, NBA, NHL, Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Tomb Rider, etc...) If you have a mouse for FPS, Y NO PLAY WITH MOUSE? :P Especially on a PC. There is nothing more powerful than having full control over the game with about 30 keys under your left hand and 10 in you right hand (if you have a good gaming mouse). It's like complaining why Uncharted does not support mouse input!? :D For me, personally, it's like driving a car with a joystick and flying a plane with a steering wheel lol... but anyway, at the end of the day, it is just a personal preference thing...

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 3

i just cant belive how much work they put in to this game :D aaaaaand i want to play this game so bad !!!

You know what? After seeing the video for the 10th time, I looked at this:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/rss

It dropped pennies for me and I am so stoked for this game right now, It all made sense seeing the pictures and video.

You know what? After seeing the video for the 10th time, I looked at this:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/rss

It dropped pennies for me and I am so stoked for this game right now, It all made sense seeing the pictures and video.

The fuck is in that?

I play DayZ with an Xbox controller. Even un-mapped, it is very capable. If I could only map the lean keys, inventory key, and the freelook key to one of the four or five un-used/redundant buttons on my controller I'd be 100%. As of now, I really only have to switch to the keyboard to use my inventory or freelook.

My concern with Standalone is whether controller support is maintained, enhanced, or dropped altogether. I'd rather one of the former choices rather than the latter.

I also play with a controller but I use xpadder so I have more than enough buttons for the game including lean and free look, I can send u my set up file if u want to try it.

Dayz Tumblr rss feed, what did u think it was? Internet mark 1

But what was significant about it?

I also play with a controller but I use xpadder so I have more than enough buttons for the game including lean and free look, I can send u my set up file if u want to try it.

Is Xpadder free software? The only mapping software I've seen is not free and/or is super complex. I'd be much obliged anyhow, thanks.

I hope inland is getting a facelift aswell, becuase right now the coast looks like it's getting a make-over.