griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

I don't know why but I get slight motion-sickness while watching this video in full screen which I never did while playing DayZ in first person or watch other youtubers playing in first person. Is it the FOV? the FPS? or maybe Rocket should avoid quickly turning around as much as possible. Might be something to keep in mind when making next video.

I don't know why but I get slight motion-sickness while watching this video in full screen which I never did while playing DayZ in first person or watch other youtubers playing in first person. Is it the FOV? the FPS? or maybe Rocket should avoid quickly turning around as much as possible. Might be something to keep in mind when making next video.

Motion blur.

The video blog is badly edited, more notably towards the end with the topic jumping. If you're not going to include it then just don't bother including it in the video, I really wanted to know what Rocket was talking about but no, the topic was getting boring so you decided to talk about something else leaving the previous topic unfinished. :|

The video blog is badly edited, more notably towards the end with the topic jumping. If you're not going to include it then just don't bother including it in the video, I really wanted to know what Rocket was talking about but no, the topic was getting boring so you decided to talk about something else leaving the previous topic unfinished. :|

they rushed it out. they missed friday, and pushed it back to monday. if they pushed it back more, the interwebs would have not been happy

they rushed it out. they missed friday, and pushed it back to monday. if they pushed it back more, the interwebs would have not been happy

They haven't had any trouble delaying things before <_<

Besides, who would've given a fuck if it was slightly longer than they wanted it to be?

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

We are all happy because we have seen some stuff you should be thankful for this video. I'm sure rocket will make soon a new video if we all like this what he showed us

They haven't had any trouble delaying things before <_<

Besides, who would've given a fuck if it was slightly longer than they wanted it to be?

you're trying to rationalize what they did under pressure. they were having all types of issues with youtube, and literally burning the midnight oil. they threw it together themselves and got it out

Youtube - it's got to be less than 15 mins.

>Come to forum to watch the development of a game you look forward to playing.

>Get jimmies rustled because they forgot to garnish your free peep-show to the new game with proper decorum.

kWvhF.gif ...what?

Edited by misterwit

One thing I noticed that has been driving me nuts is the character as he turns around. There is no motion of the body or legs. He stays completely still and just rotates. Some animation should be added to that. It really killed the immersion for me while watching that video. I would say that it is a little more important than flat clothing on the ground...

Game looks awesome though! Can't wait!

• Like 4

(I don't know if anyone has said this already because of the volume of posts but) With the Swamps I'm guessing there is the possibility of new wildlife such Frogs, Snakes etc which could be a new source of food and as well prove another danger when trying to survive especially if poisoned with such a limited amount of time to live and rushing to the nearest shack or hospital trying to find anti-viral.

I know something we won't see with the first release but I do assume they will be implemented during the course of the Standalone?

I just see it as an extra worry for the survivor, going to look for those beans under the bed and a snake just happens to be there and bites you.

Anyway great job on the video, it's great to see the hard work brought to life as it has.

I would like wildlife with more dynamic AI. I was thinking after playing Far Cry 3 that it would be kinda cool if the aggressive animals didn't attack you every time

I respect the work that Rocket and the team have done for this SA but are you seriously exited about cans of beans under chairs? Is that going to be the final implementation regarding the looting system?

So no opening cupboards, boxes or trunks etc? Just stuff spread everywhere? I guess it would mean a lot of work or something but it makes me wonder how much work since it seems that after a long time you've "only" managed to make all doors openable (not sure if that's even a word)...

And yes, it is a lot better loot system but I guess I've been playing too much Fallout where the looting system is purely awesome since you can go through pretty much everything and it takes time to loot a house properly. Have you btw ever considered going for something similar than in FO3 for example? I just can't get myself jumping up and down over a few trinkets under a bar stool that's all.

All in all I like what I've heard and seen so keep up the good work!

I agree, but...it is a lot better than what we is in the mod currently and i would think opening cupboards etc will be to come as they move forward.

I simply imagined they cut out the bits they did not want us to hear ;)

Clouds look awesome!

I love how the pants just looked like some poor guys corpse has been chopped in half.

I like the loot system, hopefully we see more things like cupboards, drawers, fridges, ovens, bins etc having loot inside and having to open them to search as well as items spawning behind/under objects like we saw. Building interiors look great.

The new swamp areas, Utes etc look great and overall the game looks really nice with the changes, the ocean looks much prettier. I'm hoping adding Utes doesn't increase the focus on the coastline areas, military loot was one of the major draws of heading further inland.

Didn't really like the UI too much personally, it's great that it's simple but it doesn't look very polished at the moment (hopefully it gets improved). I'm really hoping they don't reinvent the server browser and just implement steams browser inside the game. (Similar to TF2/CS etc) I hate when games do that and end up with some clunky mess.

For example:

29kv33q.png

Mind explaining Balotabuddies server?

Mind explaining Balotabuddies server?

Balota Buddies is amazing and is probably the number one DayZ community outside of DayZMod.com and has many of the same Admins/Mods.

Balota Buddies is amazing and is probably the number one DayZ community outside of DayZMod.com and has many of the same Admins/Mods.

Also they are keen to ponies. Can't go wrong there.

I know "Who they are" i am one of them, but external has not started yet.

so why they get to play? O.O

I know "Who they are" i am one of them, but external has not started yet.

so why they get to play? O.O

Don't panic it was a closed session. Nobody over there has had a go yet.

Don't panic it was a closed session. Nobody over there has had a go yet.

*breathing heavily*.....*Starts to calm himself*

sorry did not know what came over me

at-least it's confirmed 150 players atm

One thing I noticed that has been driving me nuts is the character as he turns around. There is no motion of the body or legs. He stays completely still and just rotates. Some animation should be added to that. It really killed the immersion for me while watching that video. I would say that it is a little more important than flat clothing on the ground...

Game looks awesome though! Can't wait!

Yes,that was a real let down for me also,i really hope Team Rocket/Bohemia Interactive pays attention to Animations.That is a key thing they should've learned from the Mod, the basic Animations need to be up to par when Day Z goes live.It's probably because this is a early build for the game they probably didn't add the animations yet.Hopefully they will sort that out.

Anyway, i loved everything else about the vid ! Looks like so much work has been put into this already. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Edited by SuperJesusDude

^ They ARE they WILL be it takes a-lot more time then you think!

they need to implement a new skeletal structure into the characters before they refine the animations to a good extent.

....look guys, either wait all year for a fully finished game, or wait 1 month and play dayzmod with no hackers and new awesome features.

its up to you, personally i don't care for any of these things right now, i just want to play the game with fully enterable buildings and no hackers. so when that's done, its stable, release it. that's there plan

Edited by Ovation