KattSavage

New Combat Roll Animation

I don't give a f***, someone tell me what is the default key bind for the action.

I've asked (nicely) twice and no one has answerd...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121782-new-combat-roll-animation/page__st__20#entry1162031

The only comment has been "Sprint + V (Running + Vault with a primary weapon)". this is not working for me !

So,,, default key bind is ?

Thanks.

I don't give a f***, someone tell me what is the default key bind for the action.

http://dayzmod.com/f...20#entry1162031

The only comment has been "Sprint + V (Running + Vault with a primary weapon)". this is not working for me !

Thanks.

Please sir, calm down and use the search function. Don't get angry because you're the only guy here that can't do the new TJ Hooker roll.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Please sir, calm down and use the search function.

FU, if you can't answer the question or do not know the answer do not reply, I consider your post as spam.

I deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion.

Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam.

So, dogs balls what is the default bind ?

lol

Why oh why did they choose this animation!?

I've been thinking ever since the start that the ShackTac/I44 jump and slide animations would fit perfectly in DayZ (as they should really be part of ArmA itself) but never bothered to mention it. And now when they finally add something, they choose this completely ridiculous roll?

Yes I know that the shacktac jump has flaws, and it looks wierd sometimes, but FFS can you people not say that it looks less wierd than a forward flip?

Wierd and unnatural forward flip

Wierd and unnatural actual "normal" jump

How can you claim the the forward flip is better here?

Of course, it's possible that the I44 team was approached for permission to use their animations, and denied it. But I don't think Mac would deny permission, doesn't sound like him. And if they had to choose between nothing and this forward roll, then damn it if nothing would still be better.

And yes, there is also a slide animation in I44. If you crouch while running you will do a forward slide that ends in you crouched with your weapon up. It is absolutely awesome.

But they have added some other features in this version that indicates to me that they are taking a more "gamey" approach to the mod. Loosing some of that hardcore survival in favor of some "lets play a game for shits and giggles". This roll for instance, or the high blood bunny meat, it's obviously a way to reward people for actually managing to kill a rabbit, even though it makes no "sense".

EDIT:

LOL @ Fraggle & Boneboys

I think you need to calm down both of you, there's obviously some lingering animosity here. Keep your personal issues personal guys ;)

Edited by DuggeDank
  • Like 1

I wouldn't worry about being in the minority. Luckily for everyone who enjoys DayZ it's not a game designed by commitee, we've all seen what happens when game devs take that approach and that's what's responsible for the copy/paste games we (consumers) keep being served up time and time again.

Yeah - While I don't like the ninja roll, I'm hoping this gets filed under 'worth a try, didn't work'.

Not chucking my toys out of the pram because of it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about being in the minority. Luckily for everyone who enjoys DayZ it's not a game designed by commitee, we've all seen what happens when game devs take that approach and that's what's responsible for the copy/paste games we (consumers) keep being served up time and time again.

Rocket seems like a smart guy -he seems to want the game I want- however there's always a chance he'll add a pre order Ninja skin which grants you Parkour ability and a shiny Katana made in China.

http://dayzmod.com/f...20#entry1162031

Thanks.

that IS the default bind. if you can't do it, then the server may not allow it just yet. (try hitting scroll lock to check if epeen is working aswell.)

pistols do not count as primary. it must be a hatchet or a shotgun/rifle/sniper/sub.

FU, if you can't answer the question or do not know the answer do not reply, I consider your post as spam.

I deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion.

Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam.

So, dogs balls what is the default bind ?

lol

Ahahaaaaha. seriously made red bull fly out ma nose man....ah fuck, now its on my keyboard, damn you bones.......... <_<

I do this in real life as I'm a stunt man in a low budget film production team.

i have to say. It's pretty effective for getting over fences though does hurt if you get the landing wrong and I would not do this on concrete or any hard surface.

Nor would i do it with a backpack.

Though I've never seriously injured myself doing it.

And i say this would be a viable method.

If you don't mind a few bruises.

I do this in real life as I'm a stunt man in a low budget film production team.

i have to say. It's pretty effective for getting over fences though does hurt if you get the landing wrong and I would not do this on concrete or any hard surface.

Nor would i do it with a backpack.

Though I've never seriously injured myself doing it.

And i say this would be a viable method.

If you don't mind a few bruises.

Would you do it carrying guns, ammunition, food, toolboxes .

A gun. Yes

But anything on my back. Not really.

A backpack will soften my landing. But I won't be able to do the smooth transition back on to my feet as if I didn't have a pack on.

Though the extra weight would make clearing the fence a bit harder.

Of course if all else fails you could run into the fence you tumble over it land on your back in pain but other wise no broken bones. And you can get back up and move on.

Sure you are slamming down hard but it takes a 3 to 2 meter fall to do serious damage.

This is a completely viable method for getting over a fence.

But I would use it only in emergencies.

Coz it hurts.

If any one wants to send in a new animation for jumping id love to take it but as it stands we are limited to what we can use. The combat roll as it is isn't perfect but nothing ever is first time. I love how the comments are just full of hate not once did anyone say you know its not perfect but how about make the player chose between backpack or movability. Could this be something we are thinking would this tie into vehicles having more slots for backpacks but less individual slots for items.

Anyhow just to give you more stuff to hate on.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA2:_Moves

In the new patch the combat roll did get a little editing It still isn't perfect.

Combat Roll

* [Fixed] - No longer possible to combat roll with broken leg

* [Fixed] - Added 4 sec delay to multiple rolls.

* [Fixed] - No longer possible to combat roll over player created objects (tents, sandbags so on)

* [Fixed] - No longer combat roll in buildings.

Do you have permission to use it ? <<<< this is the key question without permission we cant do anything

Dunno, I sent Dslyecxi and Macolik a message. Can't hurt to ask.

Edited by smasht_AU

Animation looks stupid on that bunnyhop video though.

It would need some code change i think.

Edited by MessHall

I have the same issue that boneboys has. I have remapped my keys extensively and i can't do the sprint and step over to make a combat roll.

I am sure it's due to crappy input coding (requiring the use of the V key which i have remapped) and being forced to use the default bind to do the animation means i won't use the animation and instead ridicule the coder.

Like the role on ground. Rest is shit. Rolling like 0:10 or 0:17... calm down please.

Do you have permission to use it ? <<<< this is the key question without permission we cant do anything

I asked both Dslyecxi and Macolik and they both replied saying it's fine.

rm5shx.png

15xo7rs.png

I have a new trolling tactic:

Find a survivor at night and micspam Peppy Hare while combat rolling at them from behind. Results have been hilarious.

Hate it. u,u

Really, try that with a backpack full of weapons and ammo in real life. cu@emergency room.

Backpack weighs you down and fence impales you half way through the roll?