mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

So uhh yeah , been flying around the map 15 min before server restarts and found no crashed helicopter xD , anyone else not finding those? might it be the servers fault?

They are suppose to spawn random over time and not at restart anymore.

They are suppose to spawn random over time and not at restart anymore.

Sure. Can anybody post screen shot with crash site @v 1.7.5.1? As I know, here no crash sites now.

1:08:45 "CRASHSPAWNER: Spawning 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial' NOW! (3061.17) at: [4185.66,6262.64]"

1:08:45 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"

1:08:45 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"

1:08:45 "CRASHSPAWNER: 75% chance to spawn 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'HeliCrash' at 5573.3"

Thats 1

1:50:40 "CRASHSPAWNER: Spawning 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'HeliCrash' NOW! (5576.47) at: [4322.69,4863.1]"

1:50:40 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'HeliCrash'"

1:50:40 "CRASHSPAWNER: 75% chance to spawn 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'Military' at 8040.58"

and 2

skipped a few

4:17:07 "CRASHSPAWNER: Spawning 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'Military' NOW! (14359.6) at: [8093.02,11614.4]"

4:17:07 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'Military'"

4:17:07 "CRASHSPAWNER: 75% chance to spawn 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'Military' at 17852.7"

that's 3

stopped looking after that.

• Like 1

Great work mate, keep it up.

We want very deadly zombie's, i love it, it was ment as a zombie survival game so i'm very happy with the development :)

Ok so far the biggest concern ppl have is the zeds. So this is where we are

Community Notes:

Affected addons:

* dayz_code

* dayz_sfx

Community Change log:

* [NEW] - Added a 2 minite delay to new zeds spawning once MaxLocal zeds fall's below the acceptable level.

* [NEW] - Added new sfx for chopping wood.

* [uPDATED] - loot weighted array generation fixed.

* [uPDATED] - Updated logout system to check radius of zeds from 50 meters to 25 meters

* [uPDATED] - Player range on logout to 6 meters.

* [uPDATED] - Max Range of targats 120 meters down from 300 meters. (this should help long range agro).

* [uPDATED] - AI behavour updated to try making them zigzag less.

* [FIXED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meters down from 200 meters (FIXED)

* [FIXED] - CookedBeef StringTables now added.

* [FIXED] - Spanish, French StringTables updated.

* [FIXED] - logout timers updated from sleep 3 to sleep 1 this should now fix long logout timers.

* [FIXED] - Zeds should no longer walk though objects.

* [REMOVED] - Chase combat logging systems removed.

Yours and every one involved hard work is much appreciated. Even though people will always complain about something I'm sure many of us would go nuts without some dayz fix and your continued support of this mod.

Cheers!

Now, :) It could be just me but I'd stand behind the idea to remove empty cans getting back into inventory. Let us pick it up instead.

Didn't have any trouble logging off so far but happy there was further tweaking

Another thing and I'm not sure if its bug or I might be missing on something but after loosing blood due to zed fighting my sound go muffled. Now the thing is it seems to stay that way at times even though I fully regained my blood levels to full health. If somebody could check on that that would be much appreciated.

Not sure if the helo crashes are bugged or not but after couple hours in game I did find UH60 with nice loot. ( got killed not long afterwards goddammit :P )

How many slots or where in storage space is the newly added british assault pack?

* [FIXED] - Variable spelling mistakes hsould be corrected now.

:D hsould be corrected!

[REMOVED] - Chase combat logging systems removed.

Wtf Raz40r? Now ppl will exploit the logout to despawn zombies again :( a step backwards again, im sorry to saybut you are wayto influencable man all the little kiddies whine and you do what they want, what a shame.

Edited by Kumando

1:08:45 "CRASHSPAWNER: Spawning 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial' NOW! (3061.17) at: [4185.66,6262.64]"

1:08:45 "CRASHSPAWNER: 75% chance to spawn 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'HeliCrash' at 5573.3"

Good job. No idea, I walked very long, many places checked and any crash sites on servers I was. Maybe I'm unlucky, but mostly I can find crash sites easy.

[REMOVED] - Chase combat logging systems removed.

Wtf Raz40r? Now ppl will exploit the logout to despawn zombies again :( a step backwards again, im sorry to saybut you are wayto influencable man all the little kiddies whine and you do what they want, what a shame.

Its just been removed for now while we test 5.2 the log are just changes made.

* [NEW] - Bloodbags can now give an infection.

I'm not sure about this. It's good for balancing, but since everyone always says "realism is everything" in this mod, it wouldn't be very realistic that there would be infected blood in a sealed blood bag. Also, no one would use one that's opened.

* [uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meter.

80m seems like a lot. Maybe 50? Some guy on here had a great idea. That they communicate and it diminishes after each one. Like a zombie talks to another one at 80m, and that one talks to another one at 40m, and so on. 80m just seems excessive.

* [uPDATED] - Backpacks updated.

There was nothing wrong with the backpacks before. And then to add insult to injury, the new weapon slots don't even work. There was just no reason for the change. The best thing to do would be to decrease the spawn chance of an ALICE pack.

In regards to Blood Bags, I think it would have been better to make it so that people who are infected and give blood automatically give the Infection to the person they are healing. I think in previous versions, players with an infection could give blood with no negative effects on the reciepent. Thats how I "initially" looked at this new feature.

I think earlier in this thread, Razor one of the DayZ staff mentioned that the code was 80 metres down from 200 metres but the reason why Zeds can still spot people a mile off is because the code wasn't changed for 200 to 80. Thats how I look at it, I'd need Razor to confirm it, but I'm sure thats what he said.

As for Backpacks, I think some tweaks were required to balance out some new additions to the backpack line. These were the British Assault Pack with 18 slots and the Survival ACU which carries 16 slots and is an equal contender for the ALICE Pack. Personally I'd think the Survival ACU would be better as a 20 slot Backpack instead of 16. Also the Czech Backpack has 24 slots, rivaling the rare Backpack (Coyote).

Going of DayZ Database and personal recordings, these are new slots for all the Backpacks:

* Patrol Pack (Coyote) - 8 Slots, 1 Weapon (Handgun)

* Czech Vest Pouch - 12 Slots, No Weapon

* Assault Pack (ACU) - 12 Slots, 1 Weapon Slot (1 Long Arm or 2 Handgns)

* Survival ACU - 16 Slots, Untested

* ALICE Pack - 16 Slots, 2 Weapon Slots (1 Long Arms or 3 Handguns)

* British Assault Pack - 18 Slots, Untested

* Czech Backpack - 24 Slots, Untested

* Backpack (Coyote) - 24 Slots, Untested

As a personal suggestion, perhaps ramp up the Backpack (Coyote) to 30 to balance it alongside its relatively rare spawn chance

Edited by Draco122

I'm happy to see that zombies now spawn even when you're inside your vehicle - however, there's still the problem of loot not spawning when you drive up to it.

Do you think it would be possible to have that feature in the near future?

Edited by What's new in Cherno?

I'm happy to see zombies now spawn even when you're inside your vehicle - however, it appears loot is still the same way where when you exit your vehicle it hasn't spawn (and you have to walk into its spawning radius).

Do you think it would be possible to have that feature in the near future?

Oh that's bullshit, zombies spawn but not loot? C'mon... Thought y'all could do better than that.

And is the zombie respawn really that bad? If you clear a bunch of zombies they just respawn right away so it's never ending?

• Like 2

Another thing that made me lol. I tried killing zombies with a hatchet for the first time and LOOL

You must reolad the hatchet before you can use it :D

Pls dont ever change that, let that be the symbol of DAYZ :D

• Like 1

While I disagree with the new changes coming so soon after 1.7.5.1 being released, I will say at least these devs listen to the majority of complaints made by the community. You don't get that with a lot of other games.

I never got the log out timer, that's why I asked about it

I think people need to learn how to log out in a safe place...

• Like 1

* [FIXED] - Variable spelling mistakes hsould be corrected now.

lol was that a joke?

Ok so far the biggest concern ppl have is the zeds. So this is where we are

Community Notes:

Affected addons:

* dayz_code

* dayz_sfx

Community Change log:

* [NEW] - Added a 2 minite delay to new zeds spawning once MaxLocal zeds fall's below the acceptable level.

* [NEW] - Added new sfx for chopping wood.

* [uPDATED] - loot weighted array generation fixed.

* [uPDATED] - Updated logout system to check radius of zeds from 50 meters to 25 meters

* [uPDATED] - Player range on logout to 6 meters.

* [uPDATED] - Max Range of targats 120 meters down from 300 meters. (this should help long range agro).

* [uPDATED] - AI behavour updated to try making them zigzag less.

* [FIXED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meters down from 200 meters (FIXED)

* [FIXED] - CookedBeef StringTables now added.

* [FIXED] - Spanish, French StringTables updated.

* [FIXED] - logout timers updated from sleep 3 to sleep 1 this should now fix long logout timers.

* [FIXED] - Zeds should no longer walk though objects.

* [REMOVED] - Chase combat logging systems removed.

Thanks so much for listening and caring about the players. I enjoy the challenge and realism of dayz, but the Zeds spotting me carefully crawling at 200+ meters out, or the whole town charging me when I open a pop on the 2nd story of a building interior was really, really starting to wear on my enjoyment of the game. It was impossible to predict when they would spot you, making strategy and planning impossible and irrelevant.

It seems to me all the other changes are cool and add to the immersion of being in a scary and dangerous world where I need to be on constant alert. The Zed uber-powers of Godlike vision/hearing desperately needed the adjustment, and I for one am most appreciative!!

R4z0r there is a bug when you caught infection, you cough but other players dont hear it, unlike previous patches, can you fix it? Thks.

• Like 1

Yup , did another fly over the whole map on 3 servers... still no crash sites for me :( might it be because it are private hives? and there is something wrong with their stuff?

Yup , did another fly over the whole map on 3 servers... still no crash sites for me :( might it be because it are private hives? and there is something wrong with their stuff?

I read earlier in the thread that some servers haven't updated their server or whatever or it was a custom command within a private hive that was conflicting with the new patch. I've seen crashes sites on some servers though, overall I think its more a server side issue than a mod issue, just not sure

Derp derp. Survival wannabes derp derp. If this is a survival simulator, servers would be about 5 ppl each because you guys would be terrified of running into anyone. In fact, I bet all the survivor wannabes are playing on these low pop servers (unless they are in a farm clan). What do you think is happening in big servers with 40, 50 ppl?

True that, I have nothing to say against your implied assertions. Still at its core, DayZ MOD is a survival simulator, that many also be enjoyed as an FPS game. Now however, you herp-derp CoD kiddies derp derps have to survive, as the MOD was intended. I sometimes play on a low pop server, when I want to play PvE and sometimes play on high pop servers when I want some PvP action. Thats the beauty of the community, but still at its core, the MOD was made as a survival simulator.

I read earlier in the thread that some servers haven't updated their server or whatever or it was a custom command within a private hive that was conflicting with the new patch. I've seen crashes sites on some servers though, overall I think its more a server side issue than a mod issue, just not sure

wasn't there something about them not spawning on server restart anymore?

did those fly overs 15 min before a restart... and its probably a hive sided issue which no-one knows how to solve since razor showed logs of heli crashes spawning.. :\