mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Well I see plenty of hackers roaming about not getting kicked.... Just the other day I saw 6 to 10. They all killed each other... Want a good anti cheat. Look at VAC. Thank god the standalone is using it.

Yes, VAC is flawless, the standalone will be perfect. lolololol. You just need to know how to use the extensive features set BE gives you. Also, you can implement your own anticheat measures, in addition to BE + filters, if you know how to, ArmA is limitless.

Well I see plenty of hackers roaming about not getting kicked.... Just the other day I saw 6 to 10. They all killed each other... Want a good anti cheat. Look at VAC. Thank god the standalone is using it.

Here Dwarden talks about BE and VAC. Read especially that third one. In the end it's the engine that allows scripting and not any AC can do anything about it or maybe act little bit later with a ban.

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2282567

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2285679

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2289043

Here are small takes:

... now about memory read / edit and hooks and injections and so on ...

did anyone asked self question why all the big MP games are using 'another' anti-cheat like PB next to VAC ? smile.png

... in the end ... look at all the public and private cheats for all popular games and theirs history and guess who has the worst 'score' in detection / prevention ...

And what I've heard that VAC has shitty admin tools (if any?).

Edited by St. Jimmy

The combat roll's cool, but if I jumped about my own height and landed on my back like the in-game character does, I don't think I could keep going.

The whole "attack vehicle, pull out survivor and eat him" doesn't work. The zeds actually lose interest in your vehicle if you just sit there, and they walk off. The only time I got a zed to swing at my jeep is when I drove really slow right next to it, and it missed.\

And what's this about updated packs?? And does the Czech Vest Pouch go on your chest now or no?

Yes, VAC is flawless

I'm sorry but you are wrong, I've been playing too much Counter-Strike through out my life (about 13 years) to know that VAC is FAR from flawless. But it certainly helps.

• Like 1

What kind of shinanagans is 1.7.5.1 pulling on Taviana 2.0 servers? Running a Taviana 2.0 server and am wondering if we should wait to update or are the bugs not all that drastic. Can't seem to find much at the moment about what bugs are being experienced on any of the 3rd party maps, if any.

I'm sorry but you are wrong, I've been playing too much Counter-Strike through out my life (about 13 years) to know that VAC is FAR from flawless. But it certainly helps.

Everyone knows everyone aimbots in counter strike. Its a known fact. But in all my years playing tf2 and gmod vac has done great. Don't even think I've seen a hacker.

44 has no fix. Ive already tried reinstalling battleye 4 times after I got the error. I don't even think its day I think that battleye is the most retarded anti cheat out their. I seriously hope they change it for arma 3.

Yes, it's totally BE's fault that a new DayZ version breaks community-made (read: not official) filters. ;)

Btw, I heard that Dwarden just published an update for the scripts.txt filters on the CBL (http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/browse/filters). I advise all server admins to update their scripts.txt to fix the "Script Restriction #44" kicks.

• Like 1

CA 56 The Outbreak is up and live on 1.7.5.1

join TS at 174.3.111.147:9987

We also feature tow/airlift functions, aswell as automatic gas stations that slowly fuel your vehicle for you. Epeen monitor is a custom static feature, no need to press scroll lock to view it.

Yes, it's totally BE's fault that a new DayZ version breaks community-made (read: not official) filters. ;)

Btw, I heard that Dwarden just published an update for the scripts.txt filters on the CBL (http://code.google.c.../browse/filters). I advise all server admins to update their scripts.txt to fix the "Script Restriction #44" kicks.

Yes, and now it gives me "Script Restriction #21"

...awesome!!!

...awesome!!!

Just have some patience, I'm sure it will be fixed soon. Again, these filters are community-made and therefore beyond my control.

• Like 1

Hope servers i play on update to this new version did not release only very few servers have this so i cant play atm cause i updated not thinking at first :(

Guest Dwarden

...awesome!!!

try now :)

• Like 1

I hate to be Captain Obvious but these teething problems happen EVERY time a new update is released...even though you may update your files, the server you try to log onto may not have - even if they say they are a 1.7.5.1 server.

Wait a while and the servers should update.

EDIT: Ok, i admit, i love being Captain Obvious - i have the outfit and everything.

Edited by DemonGroover

* [NEW] - Added moving combat roll (KK's Volt).

What's that all about?

Run while standing and press V.

Run while standing and press V.

Is it the bunnyhopping like on the zombies.nu server, where you can only do it while holding a primary weapon, or something else? I can't currently go into the game and see what it is.

1 Try killing a rabbit with a melee weapon you have to waste ammo to kill and ammo is becoming harder to find + the noise from weapon fire.

2 you can fill 4 backpacks full of gear that's 24 slots X 4 bags = 96 slots (just don't forget to remove the backpacks before a restart)

We are trying to pull back some survival to make players think about what they do.

It's not perfect but we feel we are getting closer.

So this is just gamey balancing, not any concern of realism.

Since no one answered this question, I will ask again.

I have a full ALICE pack (20 items, no weapons), what happens to my stuff when I log in?

Since no one answered this question, I will ask again.

I have a full ALICE pack (20 items, no weapons), what happens to my stuff when I log in?

My Alice pack said 16/16 when I logged in. I'm guessing I lost some stuff, I usually keep it full, and when I took something out it went to 15/16.

There are a few issues that this update has caused on our server and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues.

First, the custom loadouts are not functioning properly and the custom loadout players are receiving is the general server loadout. This bug happened before occasionally on server reboots and death but after players dying multiple times their custom loadout is not loading in properly.

Second, a lot of our players use the UZI PDW SD as their secondary weapon and after the update this weapon seems to be bugged now and is not functioning correctly.

Neither of these things that our server is experiencing was in the release notes from what I saw so I believe these were unintended bugs from this update. Are any other servers experiencing these issues?

We have been discussing rolling back until this gets sorted out.