SmashT

ShannonZKiller - Jan 2013 - Interview/Livestream with Rocket

It may be a very good way to adress the whole 3dp thing. Still rooftop campers and the like will have all the time in the world to spot with 3d and shoot in 1st but at least we will not have all of the nooby hip firing going on , when they (the hipsters) approach an area likely to have players they will have to be in 1st the whole time as you will just not have enough to switch to menu/select 1st/ then shoot. ..plus no ch. Some people are going to have to relearn how to play.

Bring it :)

• Like 1

Personally im going to be really p***ed if they remove 3rd person, i love running in 3rd person and only ever use 1st person when i need to shoot. I mean if this "MMO" "survival" game turns solely FPS then you might as well be playing a online S.T.A.L.K.E.R , which i had no problem with but i preferred playing Fallout to any other survival game because of the 3rd person.

Yes, i do know S.T.A.L.K.E.R had a 3rd person mod but seriously it looked like the character ran with a broken back.

P.S 1st post :D

where do you draw the line ?

God mode on/god mode off ... may as well cater to everyone.

This Q & A is now somewhat fixated as 'old', but I want a shirt in DayZ that says time to penis.

I am that lone wolf, that one guy who feels third person is useful. Here is the thing, y'all wants first person no crosshairs, end of story. You cannot feel yourself as the player behind the keyboard and mouse.. You do not know your body language.. You cannot look down in first person or automatically feel how you are standing. I use 3rd person to know if I am behind cover or if certain parts of me are exposed. I dont feel 3rd person should be used as a combat mode, but it is not without its uses... As for crosshairs.. They should be used in first person for melee weapons AND for guns, because yet again since it isnt immersion you do no know where your gun is pointing from behind a TV screen, whereas in real life you know where you are pointing you gun, as for *just make it center of screen* that would cause abuse with in scoped rifles. As in people will mark their screens for different types of weapons and distances. I have seen it before.. very odd that someone spends the time on that.

Yo dawg, I herd you like reading. Here are the majority of questions and answers for those who don't want to watch an 11 part, 3 hour video. Plus, it's easier to reference something mentioned if it's in text.

:beans: but is it wrong if i'd much rather just watch and listen to shannon for 3 hours :blush:

still have to find the time though :/

You cannot feel yourself as the player behind the keyboard and mouse..

don't want to, don't need to. it's more like i am actually part of the game,

how it should be.

this is true immersion, as much as it's currently possible.

i've tried triple head, it will surely help, but is not neccessery.

but i guarantee you can't get that in your magical 3rdp out-of-body experience,

that's for sure.

You cannot look down in first person or automatically feel how you are standing.

don't know about you, but i can. it's called freelook. and it works perfectly, just as IRL.

actually useful in many situations, not only to see if your foot sticks out.

after a while you won't even need that and get a feeling for such things.

if you'd actually try and get 1stp to work, and not look for excuses to use 3rdp,

there'd be much less to discuss about.

however, it appears rocket will give in to all the casuals and make it up to the server

owners. so basically nothing will change in this regard, 1stp only enthusiats are missing out :(

and that although rocket even admits to be one of us. weak i say!

Edited by Azrail

Thank you for the transcripts because I hate her

And she shouldn't do that with fallout stuff

-.-

Thank you for the transcripts because I hate her

And she shouldn't do that with fallout stuff

-.-

Well that was random/unnecessary.

Well that was random/unnecessary.

Belive it or not I never knew that these were even posted

they slipped by me

Urrrmm what are you guys doing in here? You had me thinking something new happened!

"Q: Has you ever sought inspiration from Eve Online?"

haha, sounds like Ali G asked that question"