SmashT

No Pepsi, Coca-Cola or Heinz in standalone

No reason why any of these companies would want to be a part of dayz for any reason. The only justifiable reason is advertising and even at that it is not enough. Developers would have to pay these companies because they technically own those names and logos. In my honest opinion I dont care if my beans have heinz fienz or diemz printed in front.

Not too big of a deal really lol Though I think it does allow for some silly knockoff brand names for replacements lol

To be honest, this gives the Dev Team to recognise some outstanding members of the DayZ community.

Rebrand!

Turn Pespi into Dr. Wasteland's Power Quench.

Turn Heinz Baked Beans into Derpy Baked Beans.

Turn the rare Mountain Dew into a can of Rocket's Thrust Juice.

and yes, that is a euphemism.

That's a great idea! :thumbsup:

rocketsown_JUICE_zpsce6beab8.png

Should give +10 stamina boost!

Edited by the horror
  • Like 5

Via twitter:

@figgehn: @rocket2guns suggestions for new drinks in SA: Mountain Dean, Pezlar, Španěl Light and Cherry Buchta

‏@rocket2guns: @figgehn Absolutely must have Spanel Light and Cherry Buchta Great job!
@rocket2guns When i think of it Španěl Light sounds like a beer brand. So maybe Španěl Lemon/Lime and/or Orange?

McDonalds will support DayZ but under certain conditions.

2rosw2t.jpg

decisions need to be made quickly.

new bandit skin :D ?

Edited by Drabik
  • Like 2

My vote for names if you cant get the "real deal"........

Peppi-Cola (in a red can) Is it pepsi or is it coke? I dunno.... do you?

Big-ole-Beans

Edited by 2gunz

Should give +10 stamina boost!

Now with 5% more ubersynergy

• Like 1

Funny, Pepsi wrote back to me presuming my suggesting they work with the developers of DayZ, was a business proposal being submitted to them. Their response:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Pepsi-Cola. Unfortunately, we're unable to accept any proposals via email.

If you'd like to submit a formal business/sponsorship proposal, please mail it to:

Pepsi-Cola Company

Attn: Tricia Lynch

700 Anderson Hill Rd.

Purchase, NY 10577

Please include your name, address, and phone number along with your proposal. Ms. Lynch will follow up with you directly within four weeks if there is any interest.

Thank you for your interest in our company.

Dennis

Consumer Relations Associate Supervisor

I'll pass this on to Matt, but presumably he's already contacted this person.

Response today from Heinz:

January 24, 2013

Dear Robert,

Thank you for visiting our website.

Your message has been received and forwarded to the appropriate department. If follow-up is required, you can expect a response from that area.

Thanks for your interest in Heinz.

Heinz Consumer Resource Center

Heinzconsumeraffairs@us.hjheinz.com

When contacting us, please refer to the following reference number: 003664390A

HEINZ/JNEEL

Hello there

Make it into a news story. Get the main internet sites on the case and once the national press get a sniff, if they run with it, then job done.

Simples.

L

• Like 1

Heinz beans are good for the game, the more you eat the more you gain......health.

Someone needs to start a campaign to get these companies to allow it. Show me a petition to sign, give me addresses to email, where's the banner for my sig? I think with enough support via social media they would reconsider.

This ! im willing to fire off some emails and stuff :)

We will grow our own beans brothers and sisters. Self sufficiency is the only way to go (with a good dose of mutual aid of course). :D

What if, we create our own in-game beans name, then we bring them to real life and storm the market?

• Like 1

L&P would be a good start. there must be a way to have regional settings for the different products though. I had posted a suggestion in the Suggestion forum relating to product placement where the products are actually displayed differently according to your location. That would mean us NZ'ers would have L&P and Illicit Cola (for example) and others would have more regionally relevant products - pending approval from the company that produces it.

The actual product placement doesn't have to be developed straight away but making the product labels vary according to player location would mean the trademarked skins could be added later in patches.

edit - thread reference http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/67611-product-placement/

Edited by Phleep