Imafighter

If third person was removed from DayZ...

I only play in 3rd person because it's much safer to do so (looking around corners etc). But I'd love the 3rd person to be removed. It would add much more tension into the gameplay cause you actually need to watch around corners with your head exposed.

I'd prefer 3rd person fixed (camera angle lowered and/or maybe shifted closer to player?)

3rd person lets me enjoy the outfits and appearance of my character,much more so in SA I imagine.

Well I've always played first person only, so yes. But I like to see somehow what my character looks like, so adding rotatable character in gear menu or something like that would be cool.

Would you still play?

Twice as often, yes.

EDIT: On a side note, does anyone know of any good Taviana 1st person servers? On DayZ Commander only a few show up with no more than a couple players. Been trying to find one for some time now.

Edited by Lepryy

The head shaking like you dosen't got a neck in first person annoys me, alot! But if that got settle down or removed, then.. Sure, I can play without 3th person.

No... 3rd person in DayZ is so much better than first person, except in combat hours... DayZ team are thinking to do this?

3rd person removes far to much IMO. Sure, the FOV in 1st person kinda sucks but it doesn't take long to get used to.

3rd person makes combat lame, you don't have to expose yourself to peak. I believe there'd be a lot less banditry if 1st person was forced

People would whinge and then get over it. Been playing FP on all severs for weeks now. I removed Third Person toggle so i don't slide into when I want to cheat.

Removing third person will change almost every asepect of DayZ. Improved and balanced gunfights, greater potential for pure stealth gameplay, take the advantage away from entrenched postions and snipers, forceablly change or at least balance overpowered camping sports work (such as silo, hospital roof, school buildings) No longer can a player use a periscope to camp, they would need to silhouette themsevles to overwatch an area. If you want to overwatch an area you should need to see it with your eyes.

Third Person perespetive has ZERO convincing arguments in favor of it in terms of gameplay, it's pure asthetics. In case you weren't convinced here is how third person ruins the game:

1) Ruins stealth because it makes prone usless because of the raised camera perspective. Example, flat field, two players see each other, dive into prone. One is in third person, the other isn't. Who has the advantage?

2) Peeks over/around solid obstacles that a player could not see around if in first person.

3) Makes gunfires less about Tactics/Fire & Maneuver and more Prone/Periscope/Camp.

4) Lets snipers abuse long range because they can hide in 100% hard cover and spot people with 360 degree field of view. No need to expose themsevles to get line of sight, wait until they see an oppurtuniy then then crawl out or stand up. Anybody who complains about OP snipers should support First Person only.

5) Favours defenders because of all of the aformentioned imbalances.

-edit- very glad to see the above comments that the Dev team is talking about First Person.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 3

I would play more 1st person if my damn Trackir 5 would stop freaking the hell out on me. I play with my face about 1.8 to 2 feet from my monitor, so that might be causing the issue. But with out the TRK5, landing a heli in a tight spot is a bit much.

George Clooney: "Damn.... were in a tight spot"

For some reason first person in Dayz drives me crazy even with head bob turned off and FOV increased. I normally prefer FPS over TPS but for this one game I really like the option for driving, long runs, and looting. I tend not to exploit it not because I am somehow above that but due to laziness in such a large world. But if it was removed I would just adjust.

I doubt it gets removed though, it will probably be a server option so both groups can enjoy their preferred playstyle.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

as a server option it would have the same affect as we see now. people playing on third person servers because they have no choice, regardless of their preferred playing style. and yes they are forced to, since FP servers have low pop statistically, therefore server owners want nothing to do with it. same reason mcdonalds doesnt bother offering organic hamburgers.

but it would be unfair to remove 3dp because lots of people are very adamant about keeping it and they like it. its just a shame that is the case.

such a shame.

The head shaking like you dosen't got a neck in first person annoys me, alot! But if that got settle down or removed, then.. Sure, I can play without 3th person.

Options > Game Options > Head Bob

How often I see people complaining about things that can be easily changed through the in-game settings astounds me.

I would still play but I would be pretty dissapointed... Especially since first person doesn't give the situational awareness that my real eyes give me in real life. Third person does that much better although with a few very small (to me) problems that I can overlook as it is only a game and is meant to be played for fun! But that is exactly why different servers have it disabled or enabled, I don't know why this is even a question when it is clearly taken care of with first person only servers.

I prefer 1st person so would definitely still play.

I wouldn't mind ditching 3rd person if the first person view was good or decent, but with the current Arma II engine, it sucks. I looks like a game that is meant to be played in third person, and then someone hacked a first person view into it.

Edited by Leto

I would still play but I would like to see both options or locked to one.

DayZ+ UK2 (whitelisted)

81.19.212.45:2332

www.dayzplus.com

Needs more players, bring friends, lol. Everyone plays the one with 3DP:ON and 24/7 daylight. u,u

It's good when people are on though. :)

I'll come but you gotta allow the jsrs sound mod ;)

fix the first person bounce when moving and it would be better, ten mins of first person gives me a headache.

Nothing wrong with wanting to see ur character or driving in 3rd....but the fact that snipers just lay flat behind a cover and are still able to scan the area like they have a fu.. invisible periscope on them is STUPID GAMEPLAY!

either fix this or remove the 3rd person

And normally I woudnt bother much this if there actually was servers with only 1st person...but there aint for all the maps, if im lucky I can find a server with crosshair off and nighttime....god damn easy mode bullshit

fix the first person bounce when moving and it would be better, ten mins of first person gives me a headache.

U can just turn the bouncing off in options...djezz

Edited by svisketyggeren

im playing on a first person hive it makes so much more intense and harder but in the end even more satisfying.

you need to look around more, be more aware of your sorroundings ( at least i am), i slow down sometimes and sneak here and there i wouldnt dare on a third person server where everyone can see me etc.

even just overlooking something youre lying in the grass and see nothing in first person, so you need to half stand up and be more visible, same when youre camping something, need to actually stand up and watch around corners which gives the other person time to counter not in third person where someone stands under air controll stairs youll never see him and he just shoots you in the face when you walk past.

i would love if there were more/fuller servers with first person. nowadays its hard to find a good dayz server with, not talking about the other maps etc.

Making seperate 1st and 3rd person hives would probably the way to go.

Rocket has mentioned this as a solution too.

I'm not sure what the benefit would be other than creating the need for two hives rather than one.

I just don't see the point, I mean it's not easier to gear up on 3rd person servers, the only thing that makes gearing up easier is finding an empty server. Finding a set of NVGs isn't easier on a 3rd person server, than a 1st person server and someone mostly playing on a 3rd person server, wont have any notable advantages switching to a 1st person server.