Sign in to follow this  
person915

How About We Start Playing This Game?

My fellow survivors, DayZ has been out for about half a year now, yet most of us have not truly played the game.

Did you pay attention, when you heard a cry for help? Did you see the "Quest Added" pop up on the screen? The "(Optional) Kill the person and take their gear." "(Optional) Run away before whatever's bothering them gets to you."?

Did you raise your flag over any cities, and say, "This is MY town now." as balloons and confetti rained on the streets?

Did you find that thing you were looking for? That conflict you had? Revenge on bandits, helping out other survivors, killing anyone you came across indiscriminately? Did you beat the game?

It seems to me that we don't see how truly beautiful this game is. There is no journal to show our quests, yet we get them every day. You find a vehicle. Quest to repair it. Quest to find food.

And it seems like none of us have done much of anything of influence in this game.

DayZ challenges you, to support yourselves and your ambitions. To take control over the land with an iron fist and know, and have others know, even without a fancy GUI or system in place.

And now I challenge you. Find the quests, and choose to complete them as you wish.

There could be so much more than what there is, and we could create it. There doesn't have to be a naming system and group system to have factions. Philosophies. Unification. We could create so much more an experience if we just take advantage of what is given to us, and realize that we are being given it.

Take over towns, and make them your home. Forge yourself from dust. Make a new republic that has its own standards and removes anyone who disagrees.

Be dictators.

Saviors.

Survivors.

Bandits.

Mercenaries.

Doctors.

Hunters.

So much more.

This is DayZ. This is your story.

But that isn't just it.

It needs a little help. Make your story. Make your legacy. So what do you say, community, shall we start playing the game?

Edited by Neko-san
  • Like 20

The Demon Republic - base HQ, Green Mountain.

Taking applications. Please refer to me as El Presidente.

• Like 3

I'm honestly hoping to see more of this in standalone. I think once base building comes, more of this will happen. I think one of the main reasons this isn't happening now is that building materials are extremely rare, and they are even more clunky to use.

Edited by colekern

Think you could branch it to three 'factions' and subgroups within each faction.

Survivors, Bandits, Remnants. Remnants being whats left of the world governments/militaries. Survivors would be what we have now, dropped in the middle of nowhere and chose what you want to do, want to be a Bandit act bandit-ish, need to come across a Remnant base/faction to be drafted/enlist. Remnants would get 'the good shit' and have established bases but would have to actively partake in missions, (help survivors, hunt down bandits, kill X amount of zombies in Y town, retake and hold a powerplant or factory while another group restores it, gather resources for a 'cure' for what researchers are left to work on) but also be constrained by rules, (cant just go off and slaughter a bunch of bambis without either being kicked out/hunted down/executed/imprisoned).

Survivors could band together to retake towns and such, along the lines of the republics you want, or you could just be the lone survivalist wanting to stay far away from the cities, content with a tent, a dog, and a rifle.

Bandits of course would be bandits, ranging from jackasses we have now, to guys who will 'protect' a town for supplies, or take over a town and run it the way they want. Kidnap/enslave survivors to work for them.

Think you could branch it to three 'factions' and subgroups within each faction.

Survivors, Bandits, Remnants. Remnants being whats left of the world governments/militaries. Survivors would be what we have now, dropped in the middle of nowhere and chose what you want to do, want to be a Bandit act bandit-ish, need to come across a Remnant base/faction to be drafted/enlist. Remnants would get 'the good shit' and have established bases but would have to actively partake in missions, (help survivors, hunt down bandits, kill X amount of zombies in Y town, retake and hold a powerplant or factory while another group restores it, gather resources for a 'cure' for what researchers are left to work on) but also be constrained by rules, (cant just go off and slaughter a bunch of bambis without either being kicked out/hunted down/executed/imprisoned).

Survivors could band together to retake towns and such, along the lines of the republics you want, or you could just be the lone survivalist wanting to stay far away from the cities, content with a tent, a dog, and a rifle.

Bandits of course would be bandits, ranging from jackasses we have now, to guys who will 'protect' a town for supplies, or take over a town and run it the way they want. Kidnap/enslave survivors to work for them.

Silence is the beauty of this game. What goes on and is understood but not explained or said. Factions would fall as they may, and out of that people would come to their own conclusions. We are not "setting this up to have fun" we are "creating an authentic experience in-game and only in-game, making a unique world that cannot be rivaled to". Imagine as if the NCR just popped up. There was not application, and there was no thread. They are just there, and now you have to deal with them.

The Demon Republic - base HQ, Green Mountain.

Taking applications. Please refer to me as El Presidente.

I think if you truly want to follow what is trying to be done here you will do all the applications in-game and in some sort of roleplaying form, but not really serious, if you know what I mean.

Still, I'd like to know more about your group. From the sound of it you're truly a dictator putting a facade as a president in order for a more accepting notion.

I'll see you on election day, El Presidente.

Edited by Neko-san

I think if you truly want to follow what is trying to be done here you will do all the applications in-game and in some sort of roleplaying form, but not really serious, if you know what I mean.

Still, I'd like to know more about your group. From the sound of it you're truly a dictator putting a facade as a president in order for a more accepting notion.

I'll see you on election day, El Presidente.

No you have to apply in game.

Come to Green Mountain at 3am and present a Mountain Dew at the top of the Tower.

Elections? I am El Presidente For Life.

• Like 1

I'm honestly hoping to see more of this in standalone. I think once base building comes, more of this will happen. I think one of the main reasons this isn't happening now is that building materials are extremely rare, and they are even more clunky to use.

No, it's more of everyone is caught in the hype, or just doesn't see. Till now, games have been very visual, and most media alike. It hasn't challenged us to go deeper. See what's really there.

In DayZ, floating just beneath the surface, you have everything from a questing system to character bios at your fingertips. There's just no direction. This is your direction. The wake up call. Now you can identify those goals. Add them to your personal journal. Feel like you've earned a territory even if there is nothing declaring you have. Because now you declare it.

In the standalone, doing these kinds of things will be much easier. I think radios for word of mouth, inclusion of clothing for uniforms, (and disguises), and books/journals especially, as well as maybe what could be added, such as warning signs for you declaring your turf, ect will increase the effect.

Remember that this isn't just about you.

Your story is just as good as anyone else's, and you can make it better. Spread the information. Maybe rumors. Be decietful and cunning, or helpful, or just talk. We need these things to be reinforced. Help eachother out. Or destroy eachother. Just don't go nuetral.

See you in Cherno.

No you have to apply in game.

Come to Green Mountain at 3am and present a Mountain Dew at the top of the Tower.

Elections? I am El Presidente For Life.

Mountain Dew?

The holy grail of DayZ.

Actually, it's more like Root Beer. Been trying to find a can of that since Day 1. Still, finding a mountain dew would be a tedious and proving task of such an initiate.

Still, don't tell people how to apply here, if you want it to be REALLY special. Find a guy, hide, talk to him in direct. Say "I can show you (insert whatever you can offer in these next statements). All you have to do is follow my instructions. You, me, Green Mountain, top of the radio tower, 3 A.M. (Insert TimeZone here), bring Mountain Dew. P.S. No homo."

Edited by Neko-san
  • Like 3

No, it's more of everyone is caught in the hype, or just doesn't see. Till now, games have been very visual, and most media alike. It hasn't challenged us to go deeper. See what's really there.

In DayZ, floating just beneath the surface, you have everything from a questing system to character bios at your fingertips. There's just no direction. This is your direction. The wake up call. Now you can identify those goals. Add them to your personal journal. Feel like you've earned a territory even if there is nothing declaring you have. Because now you declare it.

In the standalone, doing these kinds of things will be much easier. I think radios for word of mouth, inclusion of clothing for uniforms, (and disguises), and books/journals especially, as well as maybe what could be added, such as warning signs for you declaring your turf, ect will increase the effect.

Remember that this isn't just about you.

Your story is just as good as anyone else's, and you can make it better. Spread the information. Maybe rumors. Be decietful and cunning, or helpful, or just talk. We need these things to be reinforced. Help eachother out. Or destroy eachother. Just don't go nuetral.

See you in Cherno.

Yeah, see you in Cherno.

ok i got the money now all i need is a cheap computer right now im on my laptop (doesnt work with dayz)a friend told me a 15 is all i need how much would one cost?

ok i got the money now all i need is a cheap computer right now im on my laptop (doesnt work with dayz)a friend told me a 15 is all i need how much would one cost?

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread, don't really get just WTF you are talking about pretaining to this. I would reply but I don't want this thread to get off topic, so please explain yourself so I can help you.

And who in their right mind would set up catwire walls around their campsite when it graphic glitches a big arrow straight to your camp from across the map. lol

I'm not sure many people understand where you're coming from Neko, but I do love what you have to say. I would love to start becoming a Mercenary.

You have put this game in such a beautiful light and I shall now rethink my approach to the way I play this game. Thank you.

You have put this game in such a beautiful light and I shall now rethink my approach to the way I play this game. Thank you.

Those are the words I was looking for.

That's a very romantic view of the game.

In reality, you get stuff, then lose stuff, and get more stuff, and lose stuff again.

Then you stop caring about stuff and just run around with a MK48 mod trying to shoot people, and you don't even take their stuff.

• Like 1

That's a very romantic view of the game.

In reality, you get stuff, then lose stuff, and get more stuff, and lose stuff again.

Then you stop caring about stuff and just run around with a MK48 mod trying to shoot people, and you don't even take their stuff.

I'll never be bored of the tense moments when you declare yourself to another player. So much paranoia, suspicion, and anxiety build up to really make the experience real. And THATS what Rocket and the boys have down. And that's where they need to keep going with it.

You bandits are the boring ones. Not the game. My friends aim to control areas. Set up checkpoints to help survivors when we have more than we need. We patrol and sometimes just clear a town of zombies. We set up roadblocks to kill bandits or help survivors. You don't seem to get what the OP is getting at.

If anyone wants to join a private hive and do stuff like that, PM me.

Edited by tatortodd22

I am currently apart of a server where we have two factions duking it out. And me and my few friends sell guns to the faction or occasionally get hired as mercs.

• Like 1

I'll never be bored of the tense moments when you declare yourself to another player. So much paranoia, suspicion, and anxiety build up to really make the experience real. And THATS what Rocket and the boys have down. And that's where they need to keep going with it.

You bandits are the boring ones. Not the game. My friends aim to control areas. Set up checkpoints to help survivors when we have more than we need. We patrol and sometimes just clear a town of zombies. We set up roadblocks to kill bandits or help survivors. You don't seem to get what the OP is getting at.

If anyone wants to join a private hive and do stuff like that, PM me.

No, he gets it, I think.

The way I interpret it is that he thinks that the way you take and view the game depends on what you get out of it. For instance, Minecraft could be a silly little block world where you break blocks, then replace them, OR, it could be an amazing terra-scape where you can create anything you set your mind to.

At the base, DayZ is ArmA with less guns and vehicles, no unification, loot spawns, and zombies.

And the point of this thread is to say that if you think about it a certain way it could be so much more than that, and the fact that it can be will make it the fact that it IS. Thanks for the defense, tho. :D

By the way, started a Steam gaming group, and it goes beyond DayZ (Minecraft, LoL, GMod, Counter-Strike, ect) but there are no FPSs like CoD, BF3 ect, the ones that produce crappy community members.

I'll put the link in here in a moment...

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/westernfrontgamers/

YOU MUST LIVE IN US TO JOIN!

Thanks you :3

Edited by Neko-san

My "quest" is to make a town, simple as that. A functioning trade hub with laws within the walls and just punishment for breaking them. However, a town of tents just isn't as satisfying.. and towns in DayZ respawn zeds for eternity if players are nearby, so taking one over is just impossible to do, even with a large group. The Zeds will overcome you, your town, everything you strive to build, slowly but surely from the inside.

IF DayZ becomes all about surviving and not about atleast attempting to thrive and rebuild, then I likely will stop playing soon after release. I'm just one of those that refuse to play this game constantly being fired at from all angles by bandits just there to fuck your shit up and ruin your week old character before they get any older.

That was amazing... Finally, someone that gets it.

Seriously though I hope that the KoS goes down a little in the SA. I recenty stopped being such a bandit and started making contact with people more often. Makes the game 100x better!