DemonGroover

What is Your First Instinctive Reaction When Spotting a Player?

I think work boredom is responsible for at least 90% of my posting history Demon.

But on the question I would love to say I take the friendly approach but I will usually take a shot on the person especially if I am in their line of sight. If it is obvious that they do not or can not see me yet I will either walk away or try to make contact. Making contact usually ends in one of us dying though, but if they act reasonably friendly I might even group up with them or give a blood bag, but my fear has given me a bandit on way too many servers and whenever I have that damn turban almost no one will allow a friendly encounter (I get why but it still sucks) so many times I am forced to either be a jerk and KoS or slink away hoping they do not notice me.

Try an give them a big "blood-transfusion" hug always friendly, unless its a Bandito then its the law of the land.... I really wont engage till i'm forced into a situation where i have to protect myself or others from harm or danger.

Shoot, always shoot. Only people you can trust is yourself and friends.The rest i treat like a zed. Its only way to survive...but then 5 minutes later get killed by a hacker anyway so does it even matter lol.

Interesting....

So far of the 45 or so responses to what players do we have:

Wait, watch, observe, try and befriend - 31

KOS - 14

So is DayZ KOS or not??

Or cant bandits read?

If it's just another survivor like myself i will mostly avoid contact and just observe unless maybe i need a blood bag then maybe i will risk it, but if they are in a bandit skin it's deffo KOS.

Try to say I'm friendly. 99% of the time I still get shot at no matter what gear I have (if any).

Interesting....

So far of the 45 or so responses to what players do we have:

Wait, watch, observe, try and befriend - 31

KOS - 14

So is DayZ KOS or not??

Or cant bandits read?

More often than not murder/killing comes after wait, watch, observe.

I simply wait for the best time to strike, and intend to kill everyone I see that isn't a friend of mine.

I ask if there friendly if they got a banit mask I Either Run or shoot :D

PS Mainly shoot !

If im low geared an he is also, then i make friendly contact

if Geared i avoid low gears completely as they are dangerously unpredictable

if geared an they are also, i'll avoid or possibly spy on and group with if friendly

if a bandit, KOS

if im spotted jump into a backflip do a barrel roll and flee

Depends. If they are close range, or I hear them walking around town, normally I'll try to make contact, see if they will be willing to drop their weapon, then administer medical attention if he needs it. if he's far away, I'll most likely hang back and wait to see if he get's killed by something else, or see if he leaves.

If they are armed and at any range I'll attempt to get a clean shot and take them down. If I see an Unarmed player far away unless I got ammo to spare I'll save the target practice for later. I'm close to an unarmed player I'll probably screw with them a bit before sending them on their way provided they go the other way. I'm unarmed I'll keep distance and increase my search for a weapon.

• Like 1

*talk to myself with heavy breathing* HIDE THE BEANS, HIDE THE BEANS

If I see a sniper or other such person camping somewhere I announce their location to the team and we concoct hilarious plans to f**k with them

THIS

I usually never meet other players. But if I were to meet one, I'd probably evade them. I'd rather ask them if they need medical attention, but I am way too concerned about my gear.

Maybe I should doctor runs, where I only carry low tier gear. Y'know... "Less than 50$ on this corpse at all time"

If their a bandit skin I shoot em or maneuver myself to a position from which i can shoot them. If they are any other skin I will attempt to communicate first. If I'm met with silence I shoot em. If they claim friendly I don't shoot em but keep an eye out for suspicious behaviour.

Approach from behind, Yell in direct "your shoes are untied," sprint around them in 3 full circles then run off towards the tree line.

• Like 1

I think....How will I fuck with this one today?

Edited by DanielTy88

After my heart has stopped racing I stalk for a few mins and shoot

Basicaly this when I'm alone. If I'm with my crew I try to let him go if he doesn't do anything harmful to us.

About 95% of the time, mine is.

1. Hit the caps lock button as fast as possible.

2. Yell "FREEZE, MOTHER FUCKER!!!" as loud as I can.

3. If they move the slightest bit, which they usually do, I just unload on them.

Depends on what they are holding. All decisions stem from this.

Edited by Trizzo