Sign in to follow this  
soap167

So what are your plans for Standalone

I ask everyone this question and it's unique to each persons ideas and plans and what they think is to come so im wondering what are your plans and thoughts on what is to come and what should come

I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to encompass. I just want to play. I want to see all the cool new goodies and continued updates in the future.

Just to get in there and go at the moment!

Plans will probably come a bit later.

I do plan on visiting Green Mountain however.

Might move this thread as well.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

I plan to play this game and feel the tension the same way I used to before the out of hand bullshit scripting became common place. Finally hiding and paying attention to your surroundings will mean something again, I can't wait (but I have to >.<)

Edited by jaymacca

Check with my own eyes the new UI system, find loot so I can try the new drag-n-drop feature, and kill some muthafucking zombies!

To run as fast as possible to some vehicle spawns.

I want to get a computer that can handle it, my laptop currently can barely use very low for this version it pisses me off, I wish I could update graphics card and the ram on a laptop.

I'm gonna make my own town! With blackjack.. and hookers!

But really though, I do have the intense desire to make a tiny town, though I have no idea if something like that would ever be implemented. It just seems like a natural step to take if you survive long enough to actually do something beyond whine, cry, meaningless kills and die. What I'll likely do is make some sort of "trading hub". How it'll be safekept or guarded, I do not yet know.. but I do know the name of said trade hub; Junktown!

• Like 3

Watch a dog tear out a bandits throat.

You'll be lucky, they can barely sniff their own arses.

I wonder if we destroy underground bunkers will the landscape correlate? A few sink holes here and there? would make nice building points for traps.

I am gonna build a new system first so i can benefit the SA. It will be one of a few games i actually play. In the meanwhile I will follow one of the hundred Streamers to get my bearings. I find caution the best method.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

First spawn live as long as possible. Then experiment. Then get back to living for as long as possible.

I want to get a computer that can handle it, my laptop currently can barely use very low for this version it pisses me off, I wish I could update graphics card and the ram on a laptop.

You know upgrading ram on a laptop is like taking a bite of a Vegemite sandwich...so easy and so delicious!

Have a dog companion, and probably care for its life more than my own.

Explore the map and attempt to be friendly until I am burned one too many times, then go on a bandit spree to destroy others sense of trust.

Play until everyone and their dog will be playing with hacks (i.e. a couple weeks), then move on

Someone shit on your side of the bed this morning?

What's wrong with my reply? DayZ is about novelty, and couple weeks in a new game most likely will be enough for me. I have no intention of turning it into pure PvP anymore, because I like organized Arma PvP much better. That's all.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

The issue with your reply is you are just assuming SA will be riddled with hacks within a few weeks. Despite the MASSIVE changes to make hackers life hell.

As for the unorganized part. I watched several youtube videos of coordinated ambushes at various points (Airfields) just today. SA will never get to the point of say Arma II Domination. (Too bad Warfare is far too server CPU Intensive as you can have some really epic fights with the AI) It isn't all about losers camping the spawn zones.