rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

So far I am loving this Update w/ Hotfix. It was really dark and I ran into 3 survivors who just spawned (not all at the same time) and I grouped up with them and protected them in this building from zombies. Spawning without a weapon makes approaching newly spawned survivors less a threat when you have a lot of harder to get stuff. Good job Rocket :)

Just got done with my first 1.7.1.1 run.

The first login I spawned in the open field. After many logins on 1.7.1.1, then on 1.7, then from beta OA to regular, I was finally able to spawn in the forrest way west of the map.

Making it back to the map, I found that the zombies were not as easily aggo'd as some people seem to think. I was crawling within 7-8 feet of them and no aggo. When I saw one alone, I purposely ran past him to test the LOS, because there was a long-house just past him. I aggo'd then ran around the corner of the house and immediately crouched and continued walking. It was an amazing sight to see a aggo'd zombie be dropped from my tail :). LOS did work.

Inside buildings, I'm having the same problem as others with the zed spawns. They are in the floor, sometimes 3 or 4 fused together, lookin' like a wierd alien zombie. And when aggro'ing the ones outside of the long-house with a gunshot, they started coming in through the walls. Also, they were still walking on the ground level, not the slightly elevated level of the cement floor in the long-house, so they were up to their thighs in cement floor.

There was no loot whatsoever, aside from tin cans, in the houses/buildings I went in. Not sure if everything has just been made super-rare, or if this is a glitch. But, right away I noticed a lot more animals. Like, a lot more. I used to come across them once in a while. Just now I saw 2 cows within shooting distance of eachother, then a boar over the next hill, then in a few minutes I saw 2 pigs somewhat close to eachother, and a bunch of rabbits all along this 15-minute run. Looks like if you can't cook meat you're going to be starving to death a lot more often unless loot spawns are tweaked.

Performance-wise, I saw little difference. Still hovering at only 70fps while GPU usage stays around 40% on each card. Not sure, but I'm willing to bet most problems related to this will be issues with the Arma2 engine itself and not solely DayZ. I did not have any lag at all though, which was good.

Im pretty new to this only started playing it last week, Finally got into a sever that wasent full and my experience so far is amazing no getting kill by tards who just started just had a fire fight with 6 other players in a supermarket against about the whole sever of zombies once we ran out of ammo and there was only 2 of us left we chose to leg it its was fantastic dont know what you women are bitching about only problem ive had it seem to be alot harder to climb ladders i just dont seem to be able to get the option.

Helping rocket = being in the "slurpslurp' date=' rocket's e-dick tastes great" club? Or trolling people that report problems and/or submit complaints which is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF AN ALPHA/BETA? Yeah, you sure are helping quite a bit from the comfort of your parents' basement, kiddo.

[/quote']

So...in your eyes, using the forum as it was intended means I somehow have a homosexual relationship with a devloper? Telling losers like you, that take any sign of actually trying to help as an e-blowjob, to shut up so the rest of us can point out bugs is a bad thing? If you weren't such a complete asshole you would see that all I want is bugs reported, but there's a difference between 'reporting' and 'complaining'. When you get out of diapers and are old enough to understand the difference, come back and post.

And everyone here likes Rocket, that's why we're playing the game and helping. You're idiotic comments aren't going to help you hide the fact that someone pointed out how pathetic you are. I'll drive over and sit in my parents basement if you agree to throw your keyboard out the window. I think we'd all be grateful for that.

So using the forum as intended means we should all act like retarded little preteens that learned their manners, arguing style, failtrolling tactics, and comebacks from playing Halo on the xbox? Nice. If that's the case, guess what your mom and I did last night.

Every time someone brings up a bug or something they dislike when a patch comes out, you asshats crawl out from under your bridges to spew your ridiculous failtrolling. It happens on every forum on the internet. You're no different than the thousands upon thousands of other basement-dwelling losers on the net. I'm honestly surprised you haven't called me a CoD-kiddie yet.

Keep up the nerdrage, kiddo. Your tears taste amazing.

my opinion is that this makes the game a little harder than it was. I find my self crawling every were because the zombies can easly see me. And i think you sould spawn with a canteen and at leats 1 can of food.

who doesnt own guns.

Uh...

1. "Who doesn't own guns" ? All of us europeans for instance :) ?

And who the hell even owns a *Makarov* pistol in the good'ol' US of A :) ?

2. as a non-native english speaker european scum, I at least *try* to write proper english in my comments, like : no SMS stuff, caps where they should be, grammar checked to the best of my knowledge, etc... Next time, please consider doing this as well

I'm not even supposed how to write/speak english : I'm french !

3. There is a thread dedicated to debates about "Spawning without a weapon", thank you !

im tired of trying to get into a server. Im looking to title and it says dayz 1.7.1.1 with 93825' date=' when I get in theres error "YOU HAVE 1.7.1.1 SERVER RUNS 1.7.0"... other server have no sound cuz its a different beta..other one kicks me BE script blabla. I dont understand whats wrong with those admins labeling server different then running version. maybe tomorrow things go smooth.

[/quote']

I have this same issue, and I have no idea why.

The servers that I can login into there is no Debug Monitor or 3rd person view.

So I hope someone has a way of helping with this issue, because I would like to play DayZ again.

There were at least one other player nearby

This was your problem' date=' server ... was still spawning zombies for that player [/quote']

yeah, I thought so too, these zombies are not mine, I say. But they didn't know, and didn't listen. :D

Another thing I've seen several times since 1.7.1 and 1.7.1.1 is that some infected just stand completely still. I do not quite confirm this, but I think it has to do with losing sight of players (or players who have died by other zed/pvp) and did not resume their walk, and stand in the middle of a city. (but if they see a player yet they activate)

So using the forum as intended means we should all act like retarded little preteens that learned their manners' date=' arguing style, failtrolling tactics, and comebacks from playing Halo on the xbox? Nice. If that's the case, guess what your mom and I did last night.

Every time someone brings up a bug or something they dislike when a patch comes out, you asshats crawl out from under your bridges to spew your ridiculous failtrolling. It happens on every forum on the internet. You're no different than the thousands upon thousands of other basement-dwelling losers on the net. I'm honestly surprised you haven't called me a CoD-kiddie yet.

Keep up the nerdrage, kiddo. Your tears taste amazing.

[/quote']

What are you talking about? You seriously just try to twist everything so that you can have a comback for it. First of all, I don't know what any of this has to do with CoD. I play BF3 all the time, so, not sure where the wrong is in that.

And what's wrong with pointing out all some people know how to do is 'complain' instead of actually say stuff normally and without all the irrelavent BS? Only tears I see is the puddle at your feet. Whether you keep whining about your free game has no effect on me, so don't slip on that puddle beneath you when you walk away. I'm just trying to get the "complaints" more constructive. If I don't, and assbags like you want to just keep putting words in my mouth just so you'll have something to argue about, then be my guest. You're only embarassing yourself.

Observations.

After about two hours of play, my pc overheated and shut down, hadn't happened before.

Processor

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, 2664 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Name NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

I have a tub of haagen-dazs sitting on top of it. Worked a treat.

FPS much better, loading times also improved.

loot spawns although as some others said more farm loot? I found 3 wood piles in one apartment room?(is this even an issue though)

No gun (I voted yes). Found this hard at first but having adapted to it I love it. Really appreciate getting that first gun, and that little bit of ammo.

Twice today I logged in to be knocked out staring at the ceiling. The timer took about 8 minutes to fully cross the hour glass. At which point I was resuscitated. I wasn't in shock before logging out.

When logging in, buildings take a little longer to appear its as if I'm in the air and I can see through the building till it all lands around me. (Not a big issue)

Flash light would benefit from taking up less room in back pack, unless it really cant and has to be equal to a side arm?

Zombie FOV vastly improved

* [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased
YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

AROOOOOUUND!!!

NOTHIN IS EVER GONNA BRING YOU DOWN!!!

YOU'RE THE BESTTTT!!!

AROOOOOUND!!!

Observations.

After about two hours of play' date=' my pc overheated and shut down, hadn't happened before.

Processor

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, 2664 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Name NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

I have a tub of haagen-dazs sitting on top of it. Worked a treat.

FPS much better, loading times also improved.

loot spawns although as some others said more farm loot? I found 3 wood piles in one apartment room?(is this even an issue though)

No gun (I voted yes). Found this hard at first but having adapted to it I love it. Really appreciate getting that first gun, and that little bit of ammo.

Twice today I logged in to be knocked out staring at the ceiling. The timer took about 8 minutes to fully cross the hour glass. At which point I was resuscitated. I wasn't in shock before logging out.

When logging in, buildings take a little longer to appear its as if I'm in the air and I can see through the building till it all lands around me. (Not a big issue)

Flash light would benefit from taking up less room in back pack, unless it really cant and has to be equal to a side arm?

Zombie FOV vastly improved

[/quote']

my pc runns on the same graphics card but i have an 8 core and 8 gigs of ram so it must be that

The only reason I'm still alive is because i resorted to chasing rabbits.

:P

Seriously, haven't played the hotfix yet, but I find it funny and interesting that those useless rabbits are now as precious as high-tier military loot :)

Good luck out there dude (and totally not making fun of you or calling you a CoD kiddy here, but the reference to rabbit hunting called for trolling, so you had it coming ;)

wahh wahh wahh.

Brb, need to get another container for all your tears. I'm starting to run out of countertop space. Anyone know if tears will keep if I store them in a deepfreezer? Might have to pull some of my venison out to make more room but that's not so bad as I was wanting to whip up some jalapeno sausage soon anyway.

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

It was good idea. We want more hardcore, more realism.

Return it!

Seems you left on markers for players and Zeds. Every zed ( white ) and player ( green ) are now wall hack-enabled.

Has to do with the server you're on that shows players on the map... It'll show zombies and vehicles too.

Perfectly fine with the prone nerf, didn't like the higher visibility when crouch walking however (3 bars, same as crouch running).

Brb' date=' need to get another container for all your tears. I'm starting to run out of countertop space. Anyone know if tears will keep if I store them in a deepfreezer? Might have to pull some of my venison out to make more room but that's not so bad as I was wanting to whip up some jalapeno sausage soon anyway.

[/quote']

Again, not sure what is even being referenced to here.

I'd like to point out that more than one of the people here agreed with me, at the same time more than one of the people here told you to get out. Is that a coincidence? Or maybe your blind?

I kind of feel bad arguing with a 13 year-old. And it's obvious that I am doing so, since all you do is post responses to stuff I didn't even say. If you really were here to enjoy testing the game, you wouldn't be crying about someone offering you advice that might actually help you do your job. If acting like a dick infront of so many people WAS your job, I guarentee you'd have been promoted long ago. I hear the position of Head Asshole is open, and congrats, you've got it locked!

Ok, I admit this has been somewhat fun. But now I would actually have to agree with you. Since you've taken it this far, I HAVE become what I'm talking against. Ah well. At least I can stop whenever I want. YOU on the other hand are stuck as a prick for good. I'd be pissed too. Maybe we can keep this up in another thread if you want, but this one should seriously be reserved for info related only to the patch.

[/childish behavior]

Honestly though, just trying to get the quality reporting motivated. Really not sure why you need to attack someone for that. Do what you must though. I won't be criticizing anymore.

So, I was initially experiencing the new patch on a well equipped 2 day old character with gillie suit, an M16A2 M203 that I had fired a handful of times, 6 magazines of ammo, and a full survival kit. Things were pretty easy. I was sneaking all over like I usually did. So, I decided to push the boundaries and carelessly (and a bit on purpose) I let him die.

I started a new guy, and I can say that it is way easier to sneak around zed with a gillie suit. I played for an hour, and only managed to get a shotgun which I quickly spent the ammo on. I was actually using my ammo up! I was playing more carefully, not just holding down the forward key till my hand was sore. It was awesome, and way more tense. I found myself actually hoping to run into someone...which I did, and he shot me, but that's not the point. It was awesome. I fully approve the change.

Also, I suspect the zed are not spawning in the buildings, but are being kited there by players, and then getting stuck in the floor.

...I started a new guy' date=' and I can say that it is way easier to sneak around zed with a gillie suit...

[/quote']

The skin you're wearing has an affect on the zeds' senses? Does anyone know if this is the case?

I'd like to point out that more than one of the people here agreed with me.

Oh, people agree with you? That's the online equivalent of winning some sort of award such as a plaque or small trophy, amirite?

In all seriousness I'm not bitching about bugs. Anything I could report has already been reported, not to mention this is alpha. Personally, I don't like the new startup kits mainly because of the lack of melee but also because apart from what some self-proclaimed "zombie pros" say, the majority of the dayz playerbase are everyday casual gamers that get turned off by nintendo-hard content.

Bohemia only has Rocket on this project because one of three reasons...

A. They may eventually charge for this mod(I honestly don't know if this is true or not, but worth mentioning).

B. They are making bank selling copies of Arma 2 and will see this again with Arma 3.

C. They may make DayZ in to a stand-alone game which will have the retail-game pricetag.

Hell, it might even be all of the above. If any one of those options are true then guess what? You're a customer. You may only be testing the product right now but it is still a product and it = profits for a company and whether those profits are by proxy or not doesn't matter or change anything. Tired of seeing the failtrolls use the "herp derp dayz = free, dayz staff = unpaid" bullshit. I love how they actually believe Rocket isn't making any money working on this.

With that said adding nintendo-hard content, from a business standpoint, is a stupid decision that caters to a minority of the playerbase when it should cater to the majority. Companies are in business for one reason only and that is to turn a profit, anyone that believes or says otherwise is a fool

I also enjoy baiting trolls. <3

The skin you're wearing has an affect on the zeds' senses? Does anyone know if this is the case?

See my previous two posts where I'm all arrogant like "I dunno, seems the same to me so far" And then I start a new guy and all of a sudden I'm running all over the place from zombies. It was a pretty big difference.