rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

I found a can of food and a soda in a deer stand in 1.7.1.1

I only played for about a hour and didn't visit that many structures.

wheres download link pls ?

Hmm, excellent question, have you tried clicking the giant "Download DayZ" button from the front page?

Having less food and drink around is making for excellent gameplay, you really do start getting desperate to find some. Obviously the fact that there is none whatsoever needs to be fixed. I've died of starvation for the first time today and my second guy is about to die of thirst. There is a pump nearby, if only I had a water bottle.

Other than that the Zombie changes are excellent, their vision seems spot on and it's very neat being able to lose them in the city streets.

Deer huts now close to them we can find many, many zombies. Earlier only 3.

Almost everything isn't spawning often. Lots of empty buildings or just buildings filled with empty cans maybe a heat pack or chem lights.

This'll probably get overlooked, but be sure to check zombies for food/soda/empty canteens when you kill them. That's where I got my precious beans, coke and canteen from. :O

My buddy found a coke in some barn or something so it seems like the %s are just mussed somewhere (though I guess someone could have foolishly dropped their coke for something else).

Oh man the epic amounts of tools. <3

Not sure if it's related to the latest update but I noticed that when I tried moving an AKM and MP5SD6 to my empty backpack that they just vanished. I know of this issue with a full pack or not enough slots but normally my basic backpack should have enough slots to store any one of them, right?

Not sure if it's related to the latest update but I noticed that when I tried moving an AKM and MP5SD6 to my empty backpack that they just vanished. I know of this issue with a full pack or not enough slots but normally my basic backpack should have enough slots to store any one of them' date=' right?

[/quote']

Isn't the basic backpack 8 slots? It think it requires 10 slots to store a primary weapon.

Has anyone found any spawned food or is it not spawning at all?

Among some of the bugs that are occurring with the 1.7.1.1 hotfix' date=' this is among the ones that are high on the priority list in my book.

Sometimes when I walk into an area when loot is supposed to spawn, I see this error message, and I assume that this is at least, a part of the problem with the loot spawns at the moment. Hope this helps :)

[img']http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596973784097415595/DF46F6D0506DFDB2C8110EED5C0FCEFB9426BF85/

Cant seem to find any bandages or food after this hotfix.

As this guy said.

I've been playing for about 4 hours since the update, and I've only found a single bandage, and that was off of a dead guy. Not to mention the lack of food EVERYWHERE. I've checked everything from barns, to the apartments in cherno, even the damned grocery stores, and found nothing. This is a problem that I believe needs to be looked at.

I've also noticed that zombies tend to spawn indoors and right in front of me, as well as glitch through walls and stairs. I understand that this is not your fault, but the game mechanics themselves. I just wanted you to know this.

I've had no problem finding weapons though, and this is both a good thing, and a bad thing.

Good:

Easy to equip a weapon

Relatively easy to find ammo

Sense of security from bandits.

Bad:

Weapons are usually inside, and zombies are usually everywhere around buildings which makes it much more difficult to acquire weapons if you're unarmed, but easier for people who already have weapons to acquire.

Personal Opinion:

I feel that a player needs at least a revolver and 6 rounds. Not to mention a way to heal broken bones without morphine. My friend and I were in Zub tower and fell down 4 stairs which broke our legs. Our friends were dead already, and had no morphine. We waited for more than an hour for help. I just gave up and and re-spawned which made me lose all of my hard-earned equipment. I played for 3 hours afterward JUST to reach Zub tower. I almost reached zub tower, until I fell down a 5 foot hill and broke my leg again. I've learned now to

A. Avoid hills, and

B. avoid towers or buildings.

I'm not bashing you or your Dev's, I just want to help you make a moderately balanced game. I'm worried about having fun, I'm worried about the survival of the mod as a whole. It's one of those rare mods that are both fun, and challenging. Even the glitches from Arma II are funny as hell! With that said, I praise you and everyone whose put their time and effort into this wonderful piece of work. Thank you for dedicating your time and energy into the game.

- Mekova: Thane of Cherno

Awsome thanks Rocket, was wondering why I counted 10 zombies surrounding a deerstand last night, I also wondered why they kept spawning as fast as I could kill them after they had spotted me.

Not sure if it's related to the latest update but I noticed that when I tried moving an AKM and MP5SD6 to my empty backpack that they just vanished. I know of this issue with a full pack or not enough slots but normally my basic backpack should have enough slots to store any one of them' date=' right?

[/quote']

Isn't the basic backpack 8 slots? It think it requires 10 slots to store a primary weapon.

That's possible I couldn't find the stats in the wiki, so guess it's the same old problem :), I though it only took 6 slots. Thanks for clearing it up, I'll try again soon with a bigger pack!

I scoured all of Berezino, looped all the way to Zeleno, hit 3-4 small towns and 5 or 6 farms, no canned food, soda, or matches.

I scoured all of Berezino' date=' looped all the way to Zeleno, hit 3-4 small towns and 5 or 6 farms, no canned food, soda, or matches.

[/quote']

I've found a can of Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! I will trade it for a knife.

I scoured all of Berezino' date=' looped all the way to Zeleno, hit 3-4 small towns and 5 or 6 farms, no canned food, soda, or matches.

[/quote']

After searching through a few apartment buildings (residential loot) in Cherno I actually found something like 4-5 boxes of matches myself. Pretty much in line with the other frequent tool spawns in 1.7.1.1 for residential buildings. No food or drinks though, of course.

Oh, and I also saw a similar message to what Ahniolator has a screenshot of above a couple of times early on, it just slipped my mind. Should have captured a screenshot myself.

I'm guessing Mountain Dew's spawnrate is not shared with the ones like beans and water bottle.

soOoo uuh.. how are ppl downloading this ? mirror or torrent ?

Either, I think. I used the mirror and just got the code file (the only thing that's been updated). Also Six-updater thingie. Mine and my buddy's experience with that program is rather poor though.

soOoo uuh.. how are ppl downloading this ? mirror or torrent ?

http://www.dayzmod.com/downloads.php

I'm personally using the recommended Six Updater method. It automates updating once you're past the initial set up' date=' which is nice.

[/quote']

I have had one issue with the updater that when it is finished downloading the update it hangs. Just CTRL+ALT+DELETE to close the process, open it again and everything works fine

I got rid of six updater.. on my machine at least it was horribly sluggish to start up and took a while to download updated files when I could do it myself in less than half the time from the mirrors. Good riddance I say

I have to say sorry for not reading all the 38 pages, are the aircrafts fixed, is it finally worth playing?