rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

I can proudly say. If I had the power to be anyone' date=' I'd be you. Making a zombie game is just a feat upon itself.

I worship you more then god. (If he exists). If not. He does now, hence you.

[/quote']

gobble gobble slurp gag.

OMG thanks, my friend and i had a couple of tents pitched near deer stands and there would be around 9 zeds at a time (we saw 15 once).

In the N apartments in Berezino... Zed was hitting me through the first floor exterior wall :(

Also I had a Zed Train coming thru front door and was happily plugging away at them, when all of a sudden a zed spawned above me and litteraly dropped thru the floor directly in front of me (no he didnt walk down the stairs ...I saw him float thru the floor).

Other than that.... liking this so far. Zeds are a real threat now...

it should be either a Makarov with 1 clip 1 bandage ' date=' painkiller , and chem light OR 2 bandages a painkiller and chem light.

[/quote']

Where as the 1 clip would mean no one will dm each other on shore cause of limited ammo

So let me get this straight. You think no one would kill each other shortly after spawning because of limited ammo? What happens when I do kill a player? Oh wow' date=' another makarov mag from the guy I just killed. I think you know where this is going. Spawning with just one makarov mag would just make the shore a free-4-all. Not for beans but for makarov mags.

[/quote']

Haha yeah your right. Which is why i think spawning with more bandages is a better idea. But you know, the care bears. They want their guns.

You can't be serious. No' date=' this has to be a troll. Please let this be a troll. You go prone and you are invincible, INVINCIBLE, 100% UNDETECTABLE. Creep your way through towns, be smart and have patience. If you run around all the time like a chicken with its head cut off it's not the games fault. [/quote']

Have you played with 1.7.1 or 1.7.1.1??? You are NOT INVINCIBLE and DEFINATELY not UNDETECTABLE. I had to low crawl just to the edge of Berzino a few times, just to have to turn tail into the woods and shoot zed that saw me from ACROSS the road and about 20m away.

I hope you were refering to the prior invisible crawl of the previous versions...or I say BS and you havent played the new patch at all.

im just gonna come out and say it' date=' spawning without a chance in hell to survive, is the worst idea you could have thought up. im gonna give this game till friday, if its not playable in the sense that i can protect my self from other players who are camping the shores and killing for fun, or from zombies. then im done along with my friends. why should you care you already have my money. before you put this patch out this game was fun, and great very unique, but you went and pulled a blizzard. and killed it.

[/quote']

spawning without a chance in hell to survive

You can't be serious. No' date=' this has to be a troll. Please let this be a troll. You go prone and you are invincible, INVINCIBLE, 100% UNDETECTABLE. Creep your way through towns, be smart and have patience. If you run around all the time like a chicken with its head cut off it's not the games fault.

why should you care you already have my money.

He doesn't make money from this mod. This mod is free. You paid for arma2. Bohemia Interactive got the money.

that i can protect my self from other players who are camping the shores and killing for fun' date='[/quote']

No such events have been reported and this seems to be the only contra argument against spawning without a starting weapon that seems to come up time and time again. Players camping around the shores killing players for fun? Bullshit. You'd aggro zombies, you'd run out of food and it would be 100% pointless. Players are in constant search for better gear. But you know what has been reported time and time again? Freshly spawned survivors spamming their makarov into everyone and everything they see.

very unique

It's more unique without a starting weapon now.

nope this is 100% true, this game was fun, only reason i bought 2 copys (one for me other for little brother) was because my friends from college were playing it plus my little bro had friends, there was 10 of us in total playing this game, now we stopped because of this patch. you don't get around much, because when you spawn and instantly get shot by people running the shore line. it gets old quick. and searching towns and finding no weapons. and get 20+ zombies after you with no way to defend but run. gets old. so like i said this guy has our money and releases this patch because its the way he ment it to be played. well you dont make games or a product for you, you make it for the consumer. so im gonna check in this week and come friday if its not reasonable again. then im deleting the game. i dont expect any of you to care. but this is my reasoning

Everybody should start offering constructive criticism or get the hell out. YOU ARE VOLUNTARY T-E-S-T-E-R-S, NOT PAYING CUSTOMERS!

Act like you actually have a clue what you signed up for. When you downloaded this mod, you agreed to test it. Have you ever played the Alpha version of a game? Obviously not. Cut the bullshit posts about 'uninstalling this game' and 'its not fun anymore'. If you have a problem with a new feature, or believe that it can be tweaked in some way to make it better, state your observations in a respectable manner that is concise, to the point, and free of negative bias purely based on the fact that you died.

New features will constantly be TESTED, whether it's because it's a feature that the dev is thinking about adding to the final version, or because there's a certain aspect of one feature that they need tested before considering implementing it's use for something else entirely. Which is, basically, THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE ALPHA VERSION.

There's no loot anywhere? Then let the developer and everyone else here know about it. But stick to the facts and only offer opinions that are actually at least somewhat helpful in some way. Offer suggestions that can actually be used. You are your own worst enemy when you start bitching on here and don't offer a well thought-out description of your situation, because you only make things worse instead of better.

Get off your throne and think for a second about what you are involved in. Was this game held back from release until money could be made off it? Or was it released FREE so that the users, us, the community, could offer insight into it so that it could be made better?

This is a free mod, and YOU are NOTHING MORE THAN AN ALPHA-VERSION TESTER. When was the last time a community such as this had so much say and interaction with the developer of a game?

Summary- I can't stand people that are ungrateful for things in life that are GIVEN to them.

Everybody should start offering constructive criticism or get the hell out. YOU ARE VOLUNTARY T-E-S-T-E-R-S' date=' NOT PAYING CUSTOMERS!

Act like you actually have a clue what you signed up for. When you downloaded this mod, you agreed to test it. Have you ever played the Alpha version of a game? Obviously not. Cut the bullshit posts about 'uninstalling this game' and 'its not fun anymore'. If you have a problem with a new feature, or believe that it can be tweaked in some way to make it better, state your observations in a respectable manner that is concise, to the point, and free of negative bias purely based on the fact that you died.

New features will constantly be TESTED, whether it's because it's a feature that the dev is thinking about adding to the final version, or because there's a certain aspect of one feature that they need tested before considering implementing it's use for something else entirely. Which is, basically, THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE ALPHA VERSION.

There's no loot anywhere? Then let the developer and everyone else here know about it. But stick to the facts and only offer opinions that are actually at least somewhat helpful in some way. Offer suggestions that can actually be used. You are your own worst enemy when you start bitching on here and don't offer a well thought-out description of your situation, because you only make things worse instead of better.

Get off your throne and think for a second about what you are involved in. Was this game held back from release until money could be made off it? Or was it released FREE so that the users, us, the community, could offer insight into it so that it could be made better?

This is a free mod, and YOU are NOTHING MORE THAN AN ALPHA-VERSION TESTER. When was the last time a community such as this had so much say and interaction with the developer of a game?

Summary- I can't stand people that are ungrateful for things in life that are GIVEN to them.

[/quote']

ow is this given to us? i had to buy 2 games just to play it

Everybody should start offering constructive criticism or get the hell out. YOU ARE VOLUNTARY T-E-S-T-E-R-S' date=' NOT PAYING CUSTOMERS!

[/quote']

You bought Arma 2, you didn't buy Day Z.

[/quote']

did rocket come round your house with a game and a gun and force u to hand over money? :D

so im gonna check in this week and come friday if its not reasonable again. then im deleting the game. i dont expect any of you to care. but this is my reasoning

No offense meant but that's probably for the best. People aware of the situation and willing to alpha test should be playing right now. Hopefully in the future you'll find it to your liking again.

[/quote']

Well said. You guys either need to uninstall or stop all the entitlement, it's rather sad to watch you kids bitch and moan about something you offered to do.

nope this is 100% true' date=' this game was fun, only reason i bought 2 copys (one for me other for little brother) was because my friends from college were playing it plus my little bro had friends, there was 10 of us in total playing this game, now we stopped because of this patch. you don't get around much, because when you spawn and instantly get shot by people running the shore line. it gets old quick. and searching towns and finding no weapons. and get 20+ zombies after you with no way to defend but run. gets old. so like i said this guy has our money and releases this patch because its the way he ment it to be played. well you dont make games or a product for you, you make it for the consumer. so im gonna check in this week and come friday if its not reasonable again. then im deleting the game. i dont expect any of you to care. but this is my reasoning

[/quote']

Dude, like someone pointed out for you, DayZ and ARMA 2 are two different things, you bought the game, not the mod itself - DayZ is free, at least for now.

And honestly, i still liked the game better when we started with a weapon, but this is something that you can easily manage. I'm not seeing people camping the shore line, and i joined several servers, respawning several times.

If you're having trouble with that, just join a server with less people playing so you can feel safer while you search for equipment. Maybe you'll get chased by some zombies, but now we at least can lose them along the way. Give the game a chance, it's not perfect but i know we all love it, there's a loot of room to improve.

Do people really still think that they paid for DayZ? Are you people insane?? An independent contractor for Bohemia developed a mod that is in no way being paid for the mod. You bought something else, not DayZ. Think about it.

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot' date=' this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

* [REVERT'] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)

Exactly what I had in mind for the zed range superbuff :P

And I just plain lol'd at the 2nd one.

* [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

Still bugged - can pick gender, but it has no effect. Always spawn as male regardless of choosing male or female.

Thanks for the hotfix and yesterday's update, Rocket/team, much appreciated!

Few things I noticed having tested it for an hour or so just (as a fresh off the beach survivor):

# Checked out two barns, but couldn't safely enter either due to three zombies standing inside each. The zombies were also clipping each other badly, practically inside one another. They didn't walk around or away either, but did move on the spot.

# Found a zombie trapped inside a wooden platform, directly on top of a loot spawn point. I threw a tin at him, but it didn't catch his attention.

# Visited a castle, only four of the twelve loot spawns actually had anything, and of those four, three only had one item apiece (a compass, a watch, and something else of low value), and the fourth only had empty tin cans. The other usual loot spawn spots had nothing at all.

# Is crouch walk slower now? I don't really mind, just need to be more patient now, and it can add to the tension of 'am I going to get spotted or not?!', just wondering.

# Zombie line of sight seems much better (compared to yesterday), whilst still making them more observant and dangerous.

# Player visibility seems a bit odd, at least compared to what I was used to in 1.7.0. Often a bar or two higher than before in similar situations, and yet player sound seems very low.

Thanks again!

You really are clueless. I hope your not able to buy alcohol.

[/quote']

You are just retarded.

You pay for Arma 2 not for DayZ.

Mod is free and rocket do it for his own reason. He fund it from his money and don't get any cent from it.

So stop your bitching. He owe you nothing.

If this alpha stage mod isn't to your liking just stop playing and go be retarded somewhere else.

[/quote']

Very well said.

did rocket come round your house with a game and a gun and force u to hand over money? :D

Strawman argument. He's not saying he was coerced into buying the game. He said he had to buy Arma2 and OF to play it. It's true that a lot of people will be upset if much of the game is made worse than it is now.

Personally I think everyone should only spawn naked, blind, deaf, paraplegic and have a googleplex zombies chasing them. Anyone who says otherwise is a carebare. No one payed a dime to play DayZ anyway. And people's time and convenience mean nothing because we call it 'alpha' so that washes our hands and conscience completely clean no matter what anyone says so there na nany na na.

so im gonna check in this week and come friday if its not reasonable again. then im deleting the game. i dont expect any of you to care. but this is my reasoning

No offense meant but that's probably for the best. People aware of the situation and willing to alpha test should be playing right now. Hopefully in the future you'll find it to your liking

Well said. I was going to say something about it, in a MUCH different way.

I said you become your own worst enemy because if Rocket had nothing to read though everyday but posts that were in some way contributing and beneficial, then he would see what the community wants a hell of a lot faster. He wouldn't have to read through 10 bullshit posts just to get to one good one. So good job on creating a downward spiral for yourself if that's all you do is come on here and waste the dev's time while complaining about stuff that YOU are causing to take longer to be fixed.

Another summary- Please look in the mirror, slap yourself repeatedly, and then break the mirror since apparently you aren't grateful for the things you have.