rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Very fast rollout of hotfix' date=' kudos.

If you had a wife I dare say it won't be for much longer thanks to your affair with DayZ.

[/quote']

Unless you are lucky enough to have her playing DayZ beside you.

Still can't seem to pitch a tent anywhere. Thanks for the fast fix to the patch though!

Keeping my game @ 1.7.0 and leaving it there. Too many bugs and the new less-items-on-respawn is ridiculous(already addressed this in a really long post on the main patch thread). My entire gaming community and most of the users in our "partner" community feel the exact same way but I suppose that doesn't mean nearly as much as the opinions of the sausage-fingered "zombie apoc pros" that troll this forum on a daily basis.

We'll just pretend 1.7.0 was the final update which is fine by me.

Inb4 the usual "derpity durr, <3 u rocket. U juzt a c0d kiddie, QQmoar, brb needz m0ar mcdona1ds!!oneone."

Quick test notes of 1.7.1.1

Very nice framerate, at least on my end. Buttery smooth 60 fps. Video cards spike up to 96%/96% use in forests trying to maintain 60FPS. CPU usage hovers at 48%-52%. Went through some towns and the framerate seemed to hold up.

Item spawn seems a bit cheaper, barely found anything useful at all. Mostly just hatchets and tin cans. Not sure if intentional, luck, or buggy. Deer stands had nothing at all, most of my loot came from killing the zeds.

Balance for line of sight seems a lot better now. They still see you WAY easier, but not from 500 meters. Crouch running seems to make no noise, but makes you insanely visible, not sure if intentional.

Zeds ran to the where the sound of my rifle came from, but didn't aggro directly to me. I hid inside a building and they stood where I shot, which was neat. Tin cans still dont do anything to distract them, but flares seem to work pretty good.

Hardware: 2x GTX 560 (non ti), Core i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz, 16GB 1600mhz ram

Good to see the zombies are less scary :D

Other than that, fantastic job. Pretty sure everyone's insanely grateful for the effort you're putting in with these patches (especially working on a sunday).

Thanks again :)

OK, I updated and while it does seem the zeds are slightly less clairvoyant, there are still no weapons to be had near the beach, apparently. I mean, there's hard, and then there's "stupid hard" for people who like that, but I'm going to look for servers that still use 1.7.0 for now.

I appreciate your fixing some issues (over the weekend no less), rocket, but unless you want this thing to remain a very niche product, I hope the final version spawns a person with some way to defend himself against the zombies, or a "surefire" way to lose them once aggroed. I tried to break LOS, but never could.

Well every update causes more issues.

Fix the real problems rocket instead of making more by adding features that are not needed.

Spawning with no weapon, are you kidding me?

I got hit ONCE by a zombie and had to sit through the ridiculous egg timer for what seemed like a lifetime.

Zombies are still hitting through walls and they can also open doors aswell!!! Sorry but they are meant to be zombies, not ballistic misiles.

Please make it so we have at least 1 magazine of ammo. Its just stupid to take it away.

Im going to have to uninstal this because its become more of a frustration then actually having fun which is what games are meant for.

Im going to have to uninstal this because its become more of a frustration then actually having fun which is what games are meant for.

Either backpatch to 1.7.0 or don't play anymore. Myself and a ton of friends are staying at 1.7.0, some are currently going back to 1.7.0, and a growing number are quitting unless the next patch reverts that stupid respawn gear bullshit that was in this patch...or melee is added.

Lol @ taking away startup guns to add to "realism" when we can't even throw punches to defend ourselves from ZOMBIES that hit harder than a train even though their bodies should be in the late stages of decomposition which is not the same as being on PCP. What an awful decision for a game developer to make.

Just tried making a new character, looks like gender selection isn't working? Choosing female still spawns me as a male. 0_o

Fix the real problems rocket instead of making more by adding features that are not needed.

The devs have stated that feature additions will be the focus of the alpha. The game is not done yet, the are still making it. When it goes into beta status there will be a feature freeze and they will go into fix-only mode.

Oh, a mechanical issue that's probably inherent to how things work:

Bikes (and probably other vehicles) are too fast to let zombies spawn in time when you zip by a town. So bikes = No zombies unless a player's been nearby recently.

Edit: Possible fix: Detach spawn circle from player location. Offset spawn circle: Spawn circle = Player_loc + (normalized_movement_vector * speed * magic_value).

* [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)

Doesnt seem to work for me. I tried placing a tent on flat ground in the woods and on a open field. Always getting the error message that the space is not suitable.

"Lol @ taking away startup guns to add to "realism" when we can't even throw punches to defend ourselves from ZOMBIES that hit harder than a train even though their bodies should be in the late stages of decomposition which is not the same as being on PCP. What an awful decision for a game developer to make. "

What a cheerful person you are.

Typo?

* [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased

Should be decreased? :P

Why do you say that now that we spawn w/o a gun we should probaly get a pistol more easily or am i deluded in what i thought was relatively simple logic :-/

Either backpatch to 1.7.0 or don't play anymore. Myself and a ton of friends are staying at 1.7.0' date=' some are currently going back to 1.7.0, and a growing number are quitting unless the next patch reverts that stupid respawn gear bullshit that was in this patch...or melee is added.

Lol @ taking away startup guns to add to "realism" when we can't even throw punches to defend ourselves from ZOMBIES that hit harder than a train even though their bodies should be in the late stages of decomposition which is not the same as being on PCP. What an awful decision for a game developer to make.

[/quote']

Completely agreed. No weapons, no melee. Getting swarmed before I can get off the beach. no chance at all. Even with the vast amount of bugs, Horrrible counter intuitive menu, and about a 5 year outdated engine/graphics. the game was fun. Emphasis on WAS.

Oh' date=' a mechanical issue that's probably inherent to how things work:

Bikes (and probably other vehicles) are too fast to let zombies spawn in time when you zip by a town. So bikes = No zombies unless a player's been nearby recently.

Edit: Possible fix: Detach spawn circle from player location. Offset spawn circle: Spawn circle = Player_loc + (normalized_movement_vector * speed * magic_value).

[/quote']

yeah but if you're moving fast, lots of zombies will spawn and it would cause performance drop ?

Thanks for the hotfix rocket!

I think spawning w/o a weapon adds a interesting dynamic and it prevents people from playing DM on the shore but i can see how it can be frustrating if there is no way to defend your self. I think if anything it should be either a Makarov with 1 clip 1 bandage , painkiller , and chem light OR 2 bandages a painkiller and chem light but no one should spawn with food/water so people won't dm on shore for a can o beans. This way the bandages will help people survive till they can find a weapon. Where as the 1 clip would mean no one will dm each other on shore cause of limited ammo and no one on shore iwll likely have food /water on them. Anyways i don't think you should start with a flashlight. I always found it to be a accomplishment when me and my friends manage to find a flashlight.

Anyways i think the goal would be to try to stop as much shore DM bean can wars as possible and try to encourage people to team up.

Going to test frame rate in alittle bit.

Quick fix as usual' date=' good job.

Beginning a new character is def something else now. Love watching two people without weapons meet and act like each other are threat. Kind of funny.

[/quote']

Lol

I'm picturing now ,

Put away the flash light!!!

Are you friendly??

I mean it...don't make me turn on my flashlight!!

Both turn on the flash lights and start acting like they are playing laser tag!?

I got you! ...No you didn't !!

A Shot of a 15 day survivor /bandit looking at them using a scope- thinks to himself

"Such chatter, if they had guns they would have shot each other dead. Now they think they have flashlight lightsabers!?" "maybe I should put them out of their confusion? ...Nahh I see a few Zeds running toward their direction. Zeds can have them."

If you're in a vehicle the zeds won't spawn. For some reason it doesn't class you as being in the area if you're in the vehicle, thus no spawns of zeds. If someone has been there previously then the zeds will chase after you regardless, but you can sit in the middle of a town with no zeds in a car forever, and they won't spawn until you get out of the vehicle.

Also the Makarov spawn rate needs to be lowered a bit. They're -everywhere- and tending to replace items such as food, etc. If there's going to be so many around, may as well start with them again.

I love everything about the update, the only thing I'm finding difficult to even begin to understand is the change of the night-time lighting, even with a full moon, but *shrug*.

I do agree though that melee should have been introduced before weapons removed at spawn. Even if a melee attack with an axe still only forces the zeds into their prone crawl animation so you can get away, it would be better.

Completely agreed. No weapons' date=' no melee. Getting swarmed before I can get off the beach. no chance at all. Even with the vast amount of bugs, Horrrible counter intuitive menu, and about a 5 year outdated engine/graphics. the game was fun. Emphasis on WAS.

[/quote']

How the hell do you get swarmed at the beach. Never happened to me. And when it comes to avoiding zeds, crawl and crouch walk, is it so hard to understand. Like seriously now, do you people run at all times. You are simply playing the game wrong and then complaining how hard it is.

Me and you baby, lets do it like they do it on the Discovery channel.

We can have mini rocketbe3s