Mankind

What is a "Bambi" in DayZ?

its a term made up by frankieonpcin1080p

One of the few youtubers i can respect when it comes to Dayz gameplay, he always helps out the newcomers :)

Bambi's do not exist in the zombie apocalypse. Anyone is a legit target and everyone should know that. If I need a bandage and you just appeared on the beach....well you are going to be one dead survivor. If I have excess and need a partner.....its your lucky day.

Tbh even if Frankie does hack from what ive seen in his videos, hes not at any advantage to anyone else and his videos are VERY entertaining, which are what youtube videos are watched for, entertainment. so why moan?

A bambi is a player who is usually new player to dayz, it originated from Frankie1080onPC where he calls players with common weapons like the Winchester, Hachet, etc. and would call him a bambi, and a bambi is originally from a disney cartoon movie and it is a helpless young deer

The winchester is one of my favs.

It's a disparaging nickname used by people with low self-esteem to make themselves feel big and tough. Dollars to doughnuts, the same guys that say "Bambi" will be the ones to cry when you kill them unarmed at the coast.

On the topic of Frankie, he's almost certainly a hacker and he doesn't know basic DayZ mechanics, but he's a very good DMR marksman.

Frankie calls every_single_player he encounters a Bambi. Its so patronizing and egomaniacal that everyone he sees he belittles to make himself appear to be so 1337. It got old really fast and I don't even bother to watch his videos anymore. Jack Frags on the other hand is great stuff, I wish people saw him for something more than Frankie's sidekick. He is a much better youtube personality, imho.

• Like 4

I first heard that term watching Frankie. I actually like it better than Noob /shrug. Only problem I have is since i first heard it being used by Frankie its not just Bambi, its Bambi done in a British accent.

Whether he is a hacker or not, it doesn't really matter to me because I see him as more of an entertainer and a damn good one.

Whereas other Dayz youtubers such as JackFrags, sacriel42, Oshiseven and rhinocrunch are more serious about the game.

People need to learn the difference between entertainers and gamers.

While others will argue that he hacks and ruin the game for others. Seriously, anyone who plays Dayz enough would've face numerous hackers(some far more vicious than him) and learnt to suck it up or quit.

Welcome to Dayz.

Edited by squarebox
  • Like 1

in my opinion, bambis should be called "ijustspawnedonthecoastandihavenofuckingideawhereiamorwhattodo". Wow, i just made up a new dayz term and i'm not even a youtuber...

hmm I thought it comes from Farcry 3 The Far Cry Experience : Exclusive Episode 2, Aftet this epizode Frankie started to use this term -

but ofc I might be wrong :)
  • Like 1

Nobody knows what it means, but its provocative.

It gets the people going!

hmm I thought it comes from Farcry 3 The Far Cry Experience : Exclusive Episode 2, Aftet this epizode Frankie started to use this term

but ofc I might be wrong :)

You have my beans because you know those series.

Poppet is okay.

I prefer Pumpkin, or Sweetcheeks.

Muffins. Muffins for you.

Bambi? meh I'm a traditionalist.

Newbie/noob or even *gasp* "new player" is the way forward for me, as long as the terms are ever used in a pejorative way.

L

Muffins. Muffins for you.

Bambi? meh I'm a traditionalist.

Newbie/noob or even *gasp* "new player" is the way forward for me, as long as the terms are ever used in a pejorative way.

L

What about

N008

A bit

What about

N008

A bit leet for me personally to use, but still, in my eyes, far superior to "babmi".

I find the term just so condescending. I'm like Hannibal Lecter, I can't tolerate rudeness for rudeness' sake.

Rgds

L

Edited by orlok

A bit

A bit leet for me personally to use, but still, in my eyes, far superior to "babmi".

I find the term just so condescending. I'm like Hannibal Lecter, I can't tolerate rudeness for rudeness' sake.

Rgds

L

Don't worry, you will be 20% cooler sometime soon.

Edited by morgan32

I don't completely understanding why this had to turn into a discussion about Frankie. Maybe a simple answer from 2-3 people could have been a bit more productive.

1) As for Frankie he is doing something right, being his vids have a HUGE approval rating vs the disapproval.

2) I'm no expert, but it appears to me he has the right combination of humor/conversation/theatrical entertainment that has made him one of the top watched gaming vid makers on the tube.

3) Love him or hate him, convict him of being a hacker/script man or honest player, he is doing it well, and making a bit of money on the side.

I'm afraid the bottom line is this, most of the people that dislike him are just jealous of his success(imho). As for his condescending attitude toward the "general public", unless you have some limit of understanding of fame, and that does include 33 million views, you might not understand the utter lack of intellect that one must endure while interacting with this "general public". Just kidding.... <_< Either way, tons of people enjoy his vids. They are well played, fun to watch, and the guy has a good heart. Personally, I am not much of a fan, but to not give some one credit, when they are clearly doing something right, is just being that "general public" that most claim they hate.

One of his videos was with a gent that was taunting him yelling, "Frankie.... Frankie you mad???" during which he was shooting at Frankie. The same bandit moments before, had killed Jack and his GF from Germany. Funny shit indeed.... But Frankie still managed to kill the guy, and I am very sure it was not staged, nor was Frankie "hacking".

Edited by Arkael Dren
  • Like 1

Serious or not, I actually laughed out loud at that.

Why? It IS a reference to Bambi from one of the Disney movies, you know.

Anyone who calls me a Bambi is gonna get a hatchet to the head.

Lookit dis Bambi, actin' all 'tuff on de forums~ ♥

(Also, is it just me, or was my post deleted from here? Was it that bad? o.o)

Edit; Nevermind, wrong thread.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Poppet is okay.

I prefer Pumpkin, or Sweetcheeks.

I nearly spat coffee on my screen.

Why? It IS a reference to Bambi from one of the Disney movies, you know.

Lookit dis Bambi, actin' all 'tuff on de forums~ ♥

(Also, is it just me, or was my post deleted from here? Was it that bad? o.o)

Edit; Nevermind, wrong thread.

Don't diss the bambi.

You're just too sexy.

On the Frankie topic. I've seen all his vids also the non-Dayz ones. I've never got the feeling he's is hacking. All the games he has video's about I played until my hands bleed so I know how they play. Some thing are staged yes but that adds to the story I think. He promoting the right way to play dayz I think. Giving ppl a good change not to be KOS. Jack is a great sidekick but he hasen't got the same funny way to tell the story. It's also lots of fun 2 see the vids from either perspective. I would like to see serious videoanalyses from the guys who call him a hacker.

Whether he is a hacker or not, it doesn't really matter to me because I see him as more of an entertainer and a damn good one.

Whereas other Dayz youtubers such as JackFrags, sacriel42, Oshiseven and rhinocrunch are more serious about the game.

People need to learn the difference between entertainers and gamers.

You're right, Jack is very serious about the game.

• Like 1

1) As for Frankie he is doing something right, being his vids have a HUGE approval rating vs the disapproval.

That is because 80% of the people on YouTube aren't part of the forums.. I looked at his channel once and he had videos of many other games too.

And then, secondly: I don't give a fuck if I'm the only one who doesn't like him.

Edited by Sutinen