pr3llox

DayZ Standalone Closed Testing?

So I heard that there's going to be a Dayz standalone closed testing coming up.... is this for a specific group of people or is it possible to sign up for it?

• Like 1

I'll pay $100 for early access!

Ill pay twice the amount of that!

But seriously tough are we going to be able to get in on it?

• Like 1

I think you have to go outside in the rain and yell "ROCKET" as loud as you can for thirty minutes. You will know you are accepted if the next door you open breaks your leg.

• Like 16

They have said they are going to prioritize people of importance. IE mods, important community members.

But to be honest, they shouldn't make it public. Closed invitation only I say. The point of a test is to give feedback and most people, probably including you, are only asking because you are impatient. Wait the month.

• Like 1

I think the people have already been chosen. RhinoCRUNCH has been picked the lucky b'tard.

Yeah of course the youtuber's get to be chosen but there was 500 to a thousand people who was going to test it...

and no i can defiantly wait.... im just asking because im exited.....

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

Wait, closed testing, when did this info pop up?

ETA: Honestly I think there should be a lottery for this kind of thing.

Edited by BioHazard050

If there is a test, wouldn't they tell us about?

Also, OGFHEGUOEHGOUIQHGUOQEGUOQEGUOQ GRAVEYARD OIAGHOAIEGHQOIEGHQOI STANDALONE-CENTERED TOPIC ARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the people have already been chosen. RhinoCRUNCH has been picked the lucky b'tard.

Gawd, from what I've seen he plays like a right D'bag. Newly spawned, unarmed or just injured, all easy prey for the R'crunch stats. If there was button you could press to just kill everyone else on the server, he'd ask where it was. I don't think he really gets it.

• Like 3

have heard rumours that dayz standalone will be published on summer 2013.

RhinoCRUNCH has been picked the lucky b'tard.

Did he mention this?

another chap for my KOS list.

• Like 6

There should be some sort of beta access for pre-orders, if pre-orders are ever implemented.

• Like 1

There should be some sort of beta access for pre-orders, if pre-orders are ever implemented.

There won't be preorders

I heard rumors I was picked based on my non-homosexual love for orlok; and also rocket thought my profile pic was gnarly.

Wait so because of my gay love for orlok

....i'm left out? :(

Edited by Ovation
  • Like 3

It should be decided based on several factors:

What rig you're running - as much variation in processor, graphics card, OS etc to ensure stability across a range of systems

Your experience - have you tested games before, can you write a good bug report, can you understand a little of the underlying code to help identify the causes of bugs

Your available time - how many hours can you guarantee

There is also the confidentiality aspect but a good marketing campaign will try to drip feed the game to the masses via the social outlets such as Youtube.

Good luck, it's not an easy job choosing 1000 beta testers!

• Like 2

probably be for the original people who tested in first place important people , modders people that contribute to the games direction and dont scream on forums .

would love to try it out but sadly i know that if i was going to test it i would already of already known im testing it by now :(

good luck with the new build ya bastards :P

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

I hope they test it a lot. I really mean a lot. So the SA will be out sooner :D

I hope they test it a lot. I really mean a lot. So the SA will be out sooner :D

The closed testing is mainly to try out the new server architecture on full servers as opposed to testing game features and giving feedback, you can never really tell how it's gonna hold up once under stress.

I really can't imagine it'll take too long. :)

Edited by mZLY