griffinz

Interview with Matthew Lightfoot

If it works out at about £14 i only have to quit smoking for 48hours to afford it.... not got a problem with that, just means when i log in at first i will be the angriest son of a gun out there!

When I quit, I sent the GF to her mums with my son for the weekend, now I am rich with all the money saved she loves me more, and the house smells nice too

When I quit, I sent the GF to her mums with my son for the weekend, now I am rich with all the money saved she loves me more, and the house smells nice too

The day i quit smoking is the day when all the annoying people world suddenly drop dead.... I'm going to be smoking for a while, Also my doctor at Catterick told me not to quit.... Supposedly i am a very aggressive person without Nicotene...

I might have missed it, but I'm not sure so that's why I ask.

Since there will be only a main hive, what will they do with people relogging on hotspots?

I for one am afraid that there will be loads of people relogging to all servers to loot NWAF.

I'm eager to know what they will do with that.

If this happens then alot of people are going to have bad days at the NW.... Great so people want to server hop the Airfield, ill wait patiently with my rifle and nail them soon as they log in... oh hello coast again!!

• Like 2

It would be awesome to find the pages of this document IN game. Just a thought.

This!!!

It would be awesome, as you said, to be able to find the different pages of the document all over Chernarus.

i couldnt really read that out from the questions&answers, but then im almost asleep here, i just ask.

i read somewhere that some graphical setting as gamma /brightness etc, will be server side and cant be changed. Is that still planned to be in the SA?

Edited by Rhygar666

If this happens then alot of people are going to have bad days at the NW.... Great so people want to server hop the Airfield, ill wait patiently with my rifle and nail them soon as they log in... oh hello coast again!!

not sure if serious, but the reality is they probably won't spawn in your line of site. in fact they might spawn behind you and send you back to the coast

I remember back before the summer when people considered 'server-hopping' one of the biggest issues in the game. hopefully they'll figure something out for the standalone (if they haven't already)

Jeepers, just listened to my whiney, cold sniffley voice... Apologies to you all. Next time I'm using a vocoder.

L

Back OT, there are soooooo many things that need to be worked on that there's bound to be *some* disappointments. As usual, I think patience is a key factor.

L

Jeepers, just listened to my whiney, cold sniffley voice... Apologies to you all. Next time I'm using a vocoder.

L

this is the voice of the mysterons

• Like 1

With public hives, is there anyway to prevent people logging out, logging into another server and moving around behind you then logging back in to kill you? Will this be addressed in the SA?

Great interview. Content-wise I am a little bit disappointed.

Like stuff that I would consider extremely basic and therefore important to fix before the initial alpha release aren't coming till later. This includes

1) Zombie AI [and more different types of Zombies]

2) Walking down/up hills and stairs behaviour

3) Indoor walking behaviour / moving around corners => Currently it's simply shit

4) Player skeleton => Please fix before release. Getting killed by doors... srsly, that's not something that should be postponed.

All these things I consider basic, because that is stuff everyone has to deal with by the first minute of gameplay and thus jugdes the quality of improvements made based on what they experience the most.

Just want to bring this back to attention - I also think it's gonna backfire massively if the basics don't work properly, most players don't actually read these forums and expect the foundation of the game to work

(though I don't agree with different zombie types being necessary)

Back OT, there are soooooo many things that need to be worked on that there's bound to be *some* disappointments. As usual, I think patience is a key factor.

L

I thought I was only one thinking that "soooooo many things that need to be worked on" when listening to the interview. I think on a positive note the devteam are getting hardest things completed first, imo.

• Like 1

not sure if serious, but the reality is they probably won't spawn in your line of site. in fact they might spawn behind you and send you back to the coast

I remember back before the summer when people considered 'server-hopping' one of the biggest issues in the game. hopefully they'll figure something out for the standalone (if they haven't already)

I really wish I'd asked about that now. When I used to play on public servers a LONG time ago server hopping and ghosting was one of my biggest gripes.

• Like 1

Poor Sula is taking a beating on the youtube comments. Peeps are so mean.

I agree with you there RubenT, lets see what is in the game first before people start mouthing off.... If it does what it says on the tin then I will be a happy man!

• Like 1

Folks on the tube don't want in depth stuff, they just want sound-bites.

The fools.

They need to learn to have a longer attention span.

Plus, any hesitation on her part is down to us other mods trying to make her laugh with the chatbox.

There's always stupid pointless hate on the 'tube.

L

• Like 2

I thought Sula played a lovely part in the interview, as Orlok said her questions are in depth and to a very good point.

If we do this again i will be muting all the nippy little sounds, and try not to make everyone snigger as much!

PS:

STOP ASKING FOR CLOSED TESTING ACCESS!!!!

Allright ....

I DEMAND CLOSED BETA ACCESS :D

In regards to the new map, instead of creating a DLC and going against a lot of things that you guys said, wouldn't be a better plan to give the players the chance to donate money for the game ?

Maybe reward them with some items in real, a DayZ Callendar, tshirs, mugs ... stuff like that, could even go and make a contest for a personalized DayZ computer case where everyone who donates will enter and have the chance to win.

Guess I was right then hey Fraggle?

Cheers Frags for your quality moderation..lmao..

Edited by unclebully