rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Macs target casual audiences. DayZ isnt a casual game. That would be a bad business move.

I disagree since windows 8 people are moving to OSX as its a much better experience. I would love to see DayZ playable on it one day :)

Current generation iMac's have the GPU power now to be a capable gaming machine!

Edited by Coughs

I disagree since windows 8 people are moving to OSX as its a much better experience. I would love to see DayZ playable on it one day :)

Current generation iMac's have the GPU power now to be a capable gaming machine!

Windows 8 are not for PC's, tbh.

I prefer Windows 7 over anything anyday.

And nah, keep it simple, keep it running on Windows.

Otherwise you'd have to port the engine, recompile all code, rewrite code..

Maybe later, just like TF2 for Mac.

If you release the closed testing build, are you going to do that via Steam? I think acting like this has two advantages: first of all you can test how fast and reliable the updates are moving through the steam distribution system and the second thing is that the testers can already profit from some of steams features like the server browser, screenshots with direct upload (ofc not in the time of NDA being active) and some intern steam groups for handy info distribution.

Edited by Rantanplan666

Windows 8 are not for PC's, tbh.

I prefer Windows 7 over anything anyday.

And nah, keep it simple, keep it running on Windows.

Otherwise you'd have to port the engine, recompile all code, rewrite code..

Maybe later, just like TF2 for Mac.

I disagree. Windows 8 is more optimized than W7 and you can easily restore the traditional start menu. It runs just fine on PCs

• Like 1

yess but i dont like xbox, id rather it either stay on pc or go to sony too, because once it hits xbox, it wont go anywhere else but there and steam, mircosoft are dicks like that, just like with skyrim, still no dlc for ps3, sony isn't, like with bf3, ps3 gets the dlc a week before, but noo xbox has to have a whole month

alright alright... I understand why people might be inherently against it being ported to consoles, but leave your stupid 'console wars' out of this. there's some irony in throwing microsoft under the bus, while at the same time championing windows-based pc gaming

As i was reading i stuck on this sentence, "Those who are testing will get the game for free, and never have to pay for future versions." .. so does this mean that there will be times that to get new features(big updates or similiar) you will have to pay an amount of money separately from the X version you have already paid for ?

As i was reading i stuck on this sentence, "Those who are testing will get the game for free, and never have to pay for future versions." .. so does this mean that there will be times that to get new features(big updates or similiar) you will have to pay an amount of money separately from the X version you have already paid for ?

It means they get the closed beta test to play for free, then when it goes public, they get that version for free aswell.

no. it just means the closed testers get it for free, and never have to pay. the rest of us will have to pay a one-time fee (like you do when you buy most games)

NO. If you buy the game once, you own the game. After the initial release it is going to be in heavy development for many months, these development updates will be released via Steam as patches, you only make 1 purchase.

There will be no microtransactions or updates/content that needs paying for, it is a one off purchase.

• Like 3

Business = Profit, if it ports over to console, the game will be better for it, Give it a year from now and more people will be able to experience DayZ. It is worth sharing.

Don't be biased, I want DayZ to succeed, as do we all, the more the merrier.

• Like 1

NO. If you buy the game once, you own the game. After the initial release it is going to be in heavy development for many months, these development updates will be released via Steam as patches, you only make 1 purchase.

There will be no microtransactions or updates/content that needs paying for, it is a one off purchase.

eventually you have to pay second map... dayz-mappack :P

Edited by NoCheats

Has there been any mention on the humanity/bandit system for the SA? Has this been given any new thought for the initial release or will it be addressed in subsequent versions?

Q: Will humanity still play a part in the identification of bandits and heroes or have a different role?

A: I don't know, it's not something we have discussed recently, probably in the same capacity it currently does in the mod but we may expand that to helping people with diseases but that's something I will have to discuss with Dean.

• Like 1

Praise the lord! :)

Will the map actually be different at all or is it just the exact same map but with buildings etc updated?

• Like 1

I don't see anything bad about zombie kids, don't really understand why all the fuss. There are lots of movies that have kid zombies.(and yes i know there is a difference between a movie and a pc game)

If you feel bad about killing it, then RUUUUN FOREST RUUUN !!!!

Even if i can't play the SA right away.. Is there any possibility i can get a SA server stood up so it will be ready when Closed testing is done?

Will the map actually be different at all or is it just the exact same map but with buildings etc updated?

The map from what I have heard has been completley redone. All buildings (Eventually) will be updated to be enterable. With SA im sure there will be a lot more but from what I saw on the euroexpo presentation by rocket - they will continue to be working on it and roll them out in patches. hope that answers your question

I reread your question - same map I believe w/ updated buildings etc.

Edited by Nithren
  • Like 1

Awesome!! Cannot wait for the standalone!!!

Everything looks and sounds wicked! GOOD LUCK!

The map from what I have heard has been completley redone. All buildings (Eventually) will be updated to be enterable. With SA im sure there will be a lot more but from what I saw on the euroexpo presentation by rocket - they will continue to be working on it and roll them out in patches. hope that answers your question

I reread your question - same map I believe w/ updated buildings etc.

They are adding new locations as well, in one of the rounds of screens we got, there's a screen of a compound in the woods that is definitely not in vanilla Chernarus.

Sorry but more enter able buildings and a few bases wont be enough to make this GAME feel new. I know getting the core features, architecture is the main point but the MAP is also very important in the success of dayz.

You lot are taking it way too lightly. Chernarus feels old now, no exploration needed as we know were everything is ( a few bases that we will find soon enough dont count, sorry, and fomr that pic, its just 4 building added together...), we know the PVP hotspots, we wont get lost ( which is the best part) and there will be the lack of exploration because of this.

Taviana, been playing for like a month now and still discover places i have never been to before.

Sorry but its not enough.

I really hope that either mod tools come quick or new maps are added or this will get old.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Heli controls potentially being ported in from TOH yet, I thought many would find that controversial because it'll make life much harder in terms of flying. I love the idea though. Thoughts?

I did that in silence, Download the demo and begin your training, Surviors..

But really, I love it, adds both realism and fairness to the game.

Not anyone should be able to hop into a chopper and just drive off. A chopper is meant to be atleast a little complicated.

Edited by Distinction
  • Like 1

Sorry but more enter able buildings and a few bases wont be enough to make this GAME feel new. I know getting the core features, architecture is the main point but the MAP is also very important in the success of dayz.

You lot are taking it way too lightly. Chernarus feels old now, no exploration needed as we know were everything is ( a few bases that we will find soon enough dont count, sorry, and fomr that pic, its just 4 building added together...), we know the PVP hotspots, we wont get lost ( which is the best part) and there will be the lack of exploration because of this.

Taviana, been playing for like a month now and still discover places i have never been to before.

I really hope that either mod tools come quick or new maps are added or this will get old.

Was just really using that as an example, wasn't making sweeping judgments about the fun of exploration.

I'm sure everyone would love a brand new map, and one day we may have one. If you bear in mind that the Chernarus map took 2 years to create and one of the main devs that worked on that map and should be working on DayZ is locked up in Greece then I guess we'll just have to cope for now.

• Like 2