rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

My fever is getting bad.

Won't be long now.... I'm going to have to make the choice... to chain you up... keep you around for company, talk to you...

Or kill you and remember you for who you where... BABYDOC NEEDS INFO ASAP!

• Like 1

Also, I hope we get a saturation filter added into the video options. After playing the walking dead, I love the visual style of a saturated, colourful environment with gore and graphic scenes.

You don't have various color/saturation options on your monitor?

I personnally won't work tomorrow and I suffer of insomnia (I know I should be looking for a job but hey lets pretend it's like holidays or something). So I have my night. Take your time with the upload thing.

Edited by Bat

Publishing movie (5 mins), then will upload to youtube (10 mins hopefully).

Someone has mentioned that I may not be allowed to post a video over 15 mins tho...so dont get mad at me if i cant do it!

• Like 2

Someone has mentioned that I may not be allowed to post a video over 15 mins tho...so dont get mad at me if i cant do it!

dont worry. your hard work is very appreciated. anyway. could you ''if it wont work'' just upload it on 2shared or whatever for us folks in the meantime :)??

good luck *fingers crossed* *matchsticks between the eyes*

edit: ninja'dhehee

Edited by Bezki

Upload it to a file share site.

I can feel it.. the pressure... it's terrible pressure

Run the wheel, run it hard!

walking+dead+crawl+zombie.jpg

Hoping to see zombies crawling without legs like this, or missing other limbs, maybe even heads for zombies who actually have no clue where they are going :D. I think if the zombies are the most dangerous thing in this game allot less bandits will arise. (like if you shoot a zombie in it's legs it will still crawl at you and you have to kill it with a knife or hatchet to actually stop it). More objects that can distract zombies would also be usefull if this would be implemented Personally think guns should be of lower importance just a rare thing that if you find it you're lucky. Rather see people walking around with a rake smacking a zombie in his underwear then seeying 100 guys in a server with a shotgun blowing up stuff.

Also hope this game will have more objects that you see in normal life allot, like plastic water bottles you see them evrywhere in normal life. I loved the screens of the buildings but the houses look a bit clean to me, if there's a apocolypse buildings wont look like that. Grass will be growing inside of the house and other plants.

Also thought of objects that can be very funny ingame the thing i think will make this game a bit more interesting is walky talky's. Get rid of the public voice chat (which is not allowed on much servers anyway). Add some walky talky's to the game on which you can choose channels and connect with other survivers.

I know some of you will hate these ideas but i just think that if i want to say it somewhere this is the place where rocket will read it! Btw Rocket thanks on the update i think you see now that the community is not truely a blood hound waiting for a release date most are just waiting for a good and stable game no matter how long it takes.

I'm personally happy that it is forum moderators etc testing the closed beta. Atleast we know they will indefinitely be posting feedback for the dev team to work on. Plus, like I said earlier, having a sustainable working closed test will help to drastically improve the game's future. Maybe it will lead to open tests. I myself can not wait to look at the game but if you really want a key to play the game, try this one 'P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E' that one always works great.

• Like 2

walking+dead+crawl+zombie.jpg

Hoping to see zombies crawling without legs like this, or missing other limbs, maybe even heads for zombies who actually have no clue where they are going :D. I think if the zombies are the most dangerous thing in this game allot less bandits will arise. (like if you shoot a zombie in it's legs it will still crawl at you and you have to kill it with a knife or hatchet to actually stop it). More objects that can distract zombies would also be usefull if this would be implemented Personally think guns should be of lower importance just a rare thing that if you find it you're lucky. Rather see people walking around with a rake smacking a zombie in his underwear then seeying 100 guys in a server with a shotgun blowing up stuff.

Also hope this game will have more objects that you see in normal life allot, like plastic water bottles you see them evrywhere in normal life. I loved the screens of the buildings but the houses look a bit clean to me, if there's a apocolypse buildings wont look like that. Grass will be growing inside of the house and other plants.

Also thought of objects that can be very funny ingame the thing i think will make this game a bit more interesting is walky talky's. Get rid of the public voice chat (which is not allowed on much servers anyway). Add some walky talky's to the game on which you can choose channels and connect with other survivers.

I know some of you will hate these ideas but i just think that if i want to say it somewhere this is the place where rocket will read it! Btw Rocket thanks on the update i think you see now that the community is not truely a blood hound waiting for a release date most are just waiting for a good and stable game no matter how long it takes.

And I'd like to add : dismemberment (have I spelled it right?).

Regarding the look of the buildings, I'm really satisfied about the new screenshots, it could be even slightly more dirty and dusty (ala the road) but give the art team some time and they will make it all look right.

EDIT : concerning the radio thing, it's a planned feature of standalone. Many members of the community including myself have made threads about it since the beginning of the mod. You should look for ACRE which is a highly realistic mod for ArmA2 which simulates real radios with nice effects and all, dean wants something similar for standalone.

Edited by Bat

Wait, is it still using the minecraft style developement system?

And I'd like to add : dismemberment (have I spelled it right?).

Regarding the look of the buildings, I'm really satisfied about the new screenshots, it could be even slightly more dirty and dusty (ala the road) but give the art team some time and they will make it all look right.

The road i thought was made to look like the aftermath of a nuclear assault right a lot of dust etc? My memory these days is a bit weak. The thing is zombies dont really do a lot of homecleaning, fix roads, wipe the windows etc. I think the developers should look at chernobyl (if you forget the nuclear part) of how nature eats the enviroment. But then on the other hand i dont know 'when' the zombie apocalypse happend.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-glgoSb7Jlvg/TtS9A3bMEVI/AAAAAAAAcfI/T4Ir1X1hAG0/s1600/The+Chernobyl+Disaster+010.jpg

http://photobotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Chernobyl.jpg

http://totallycoolpix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09012011_chernobyl_2010/chernobyl_24.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/28/article-2239505-163D5CAD000005DC-703_964x640.jpg

The thing with implementing things like the people being able to find items like rakes and putting guns on the much rarer side of the game is that people may start to dislike. I personally have no problem but things like rakes remind me of another zombie game,I forgot the name, where you craf weapons and things in a zombie world. It meets nothing of dayz's expectations but I think it will draw away from the tacticians of dayz. Instead of ' give me support fir!' It'll be 'meh, just run at the zombie with a rake' that's my opinion anyway.

I hope that's not the only female hairstyle we get. Buns are stupid! Also, will things such as boots overlap/tuck into the jeans? I hate games where the boots go UNDER the pants... Defeats the appearance of boots!! Looks amazing tho, can wait to see the new lighting get added in when arma3 is released.

Also, I hope we get a saturation filter added into the video options. After playing the walking dead, I love the visual style of a saturated, colourful environment with gore and graphic scenes.

Wow, all these amazing pics and you are concerned about the hairstyle? I hope they let you shave your hair if anything, otherwise a tight bun is the other best option in a Zombie Apocalypse. I think this game is not focused around appearance rather than practicality and we may feel lucky to even have boots. I also hope they don't take anything from the Walking Dead Game as it was a pile of crap (coming from a huge WD fan). Not meaning to flame you, it just seems like such an unimportant part of the game. I personally love the look and style of of the environment they have chosen and shouldn't be ripping off Walking Shit games or any others.

Im diggin the looks so far, the question everybody is asking: when will it be released? You have to give your massive crowds of roaring fans some kind of estimation... People(not me) are starting to lose interest, and with the mod basically dead(which i can understand considering the majority of the focus is on the SA) people are leaving the Dayz scene, even with the great modding community. Of course, you have to be very careful answering this question, people already took your words of "a goal to release in december" and say it was a guarantee and feel as though you have lied to them(which i understand was just hopeful thinking). People are tearing at the seems over a date. I believe you and your team are doing the impossible, recreating an engine and redoing everything from scratch within such a short period of time, it takes major gaming companies like treyarc with CoD at least a year to add just new content to their games with maybe some graphical tweaking with massive amounts of funding.