rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.1

Current Changelog:

* [FIXED] Server item cleanup error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [FIXED] Server weighted random object error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed)

* [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

* [FIXED] Area not checked for existing infected before spawning new ones ("blind faith" that it had not made a mistake didn't work)

* [FIXED] Crippling performance issues caused by loot items never being cleaned up (loot now cleaned up)

* [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)

* [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased

* [NEW] Small chance Mararov ammo will spawn on an infected

* [FIXED] Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)

* [NEW] Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking

* [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)

* [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

* [FIXED] Toolboxes aren't spawning (classname error in loot table)

* [NEW] Small tweaks to AI zombie routines to improve performance

* [REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)

ETA:

- 2 hours

Now, please stop eating me alive! :)

I approve of this message, don't worry Rocket, people should be a lot lot lot more grateful to you. You've dedicated so much of your spare time into this. Keep up the good work and thank you so much!

What're the two [fixed] items? I've been following a lot of bug reports, but those don't quite seem to match up. Are they for the huge clusters of zombies that rapidly respawn? Or is it something else?

Thanks for the hotfix!!

Haha. Knew this was coming, people need to develop a little patience, man. All of these knee-jerk OMG YOU RUINED THE MOD I AM PLAYING FOR FREE posts the day after a patch comes out are hilarious and terrible, don't let the bastards get you down.

Rocket are you going to fix the bug that people have been running into where zombies are still spawning right in front of them and continually spawning?

Good stuff.

Is the performance issue also fixed, as mentioned in the recent tweet?

Hate to be that "guy" but will this help with performance issues. desync seems to be fixed. but still experiencing FPS rawrness. =(

Thanks for the update Rocket. Keep up the good work. Try not to let the fucktards get to you. DayZ is fucking awesome. Regardless of which state the "MOD" is in.

I approve of this message' date=' don't worry Rocket, people should be a lot lot lot more grateful to you. You've dedicated so much of your spare time into this. Keep up the good work and thank you so much!

[/quote']

This ^. Good job, it's much appreciated by most of us!

Despite the criticism you received with 1.7.1 patch, you are doing an excellent job sir. We need people to continue supporting DayZ in it's entirety rather than negate the things they don't like personally!

what about zombie spawn and zombies going through walls?

Will the LOS of zombies fix the seeing through walls too?

Great job either way, this mod is in alpha and these ideas/metres are justifiable, people need to understand that this is not a game, its an early development of what will be a game.

[attachment=1052]Awesome. A lot harder to slip by infected, but liked how I was able to hide from infected after a lengthy mad dash around trees in the woods. Love this mod and hope more of my friends will start playing.

Please don't chance the zombies damage levels in the future, The current 1.7.1 damage levels are fine ... It actually makes the zombies worth trying to dodge/sneak past instead of being a bunch of pussies.

Also before the 1.7.1 patch you pretty much had to bump into a zombie while prone to aggro it ... Its was lame ...

Maybe im to "hardcore" for some people. ;)