rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.1

Ive spent the biggest part of the evening dodging super zeds everywhere, super challenge mode activate? lol. I had the lee enfield when i logged in and when i shot it i had an endless train of zombies coming after me because of the small spawn time. I also walked into a barn and promptly died, which smarted a bit.

Respawned with the new spawn stuff, exciting! Crawling made hard, crawling over door tresholds made me promptly stand for some reason?! Crawled trough a couple of towns because the super zeds saw everything! Found a winchester, checked a couple of deer stands, found an AK. Left it in the stand because if the lee enfield can activate zeds two footballfields away then i sure as hell am not firing that.

Exciting patch, needs some tuning! Keep it coming!

* [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

This made my day.

I <3 Rocket :3

Btw does the torch actualy "work"? how?

I tried selecting with 'f' and left clicking' date=' right clicking it inventory (yes i had swapped it from backpack to my hand.)

[/quote']

Press "L"(be sure to check the controls-menu) to toggle the flashlight(once equipped). Also works for vehicles and lamps on guns.

Thanks mate.

Playing on CZ01 (developer server' date=' dwarden is always there)

NVG

M107

M4A3 CCO

Blood Bags

Coyote 24 Slot

Ghillie suit

Spare Camo skin... list goes on.

He restarts the server and when I relog onto server, I'm in debug wilderness, with no stats and absolutely NO gear... nothing.

So I try another server, and another... another.. same thing.

Yeah yeah its Alpha, yeah yeah dont cry...

An old char, a lot of time and effort gone into it.... all gone with a server restart.

Awesome.

[/quote']

You can run out of the debug forest... the debug forest is located on the western edge of the map and about 5min north of the beach/spawn.... just run south for 5min youll come to the beach/railroad and you will figure out where your at... spawning in it is no different everything else still works.. ive had it happen but instead of crying like a baby I decided to see where I was and if I could still play.

SO yes your own fault. and yes for the millionth time it is a alpha.. shit happens lose your gear well you sound like you were entirely too attached to it...

So is this damn fix out yet or no? Don't see a fix in the SWE or US mirrors.

It's pending. We're testing it very thoroughly.

When a rolling update notice is posted, you'll know it is live.

very very grateful for you getting on this fix. thanks rocket!

Seems kind of obvious' date=' but i'm not sure if it is possible from server side never the less i'llput forward an idea.

2 difficulties.

Veteran (or call it Bear Grylls) - Items as it currently stands or just hunting knife & lighter strike (matches are kind of silly for a warsim) and hunting knife should be able to "kill & gut" any animal even if the animation (mechanics)aren

Normal (or call it Mummy holds your hand) - Items as previous 1.7.0. (maybe tweaked a little (makarov, 2 clips, 1 bandage, 1 painkiller, empty water bottle, 1 beans etc) and flares should also light a fire.

Btw does the torch actualy "work"? how?

I tried selecting with 'f' and left clicking, right clicking it inventory (yes i had swapped it from backpack to my hand.)

[/quote']

No you can't set two difficulties when there is a global character server. People will just spawn their char on Regular then switch to Veteran. Dev should think about creating a multi-character system. Then there will be hardcore mode. And everyone will be pleased.

Yep of course I didn't think of the server hjumping... damn :) would have been pretty cool to have the option.

And certainly would help the new players. i'm hardly a vet but i feel for them i consider myself lucky to have been able to search zerlo, cherno, elektro, airfield etc those poor sods may never get to see them as the game stands.

Slow the super zombies down rocket

They run far to quickly and in ridiculous patterns.

lol

When a rolling update notice is posted' date=' you'll know it is live.

[/quote']

You plan to make the suit guille influence the visual detection of z?

thanks for your work

Rocket, the animals are bugged, after you gut them, there is no Take Meat or Gear option!

Slow the super zombies down rocket

They run far to quickly and in ridiculous patterns.

lol

Did you just join the game today or something

They're like that way for good and won't be changed. You can thank Arma II's buggy AI for that.

The sight of the infecteds was reverted right ? But the range of sight is from preview version or the zombies still have visibility increased ? With that the visibility is affected by LOS or with this revert we have the old way.

Great work man love this hotfix.

;D

When a rolling update notice is posted' date=' you'll know it is live.

[/quote']

I hope someone on staff takes you out for some well deserved dinner and beer. Thank you for working on a Sunday.

Rocket' date=' the animals are bugged, after you gut them, there is no Take Meat or Gear option!

[/quote']

what? I just ate an entire cow.

Should of doubled the time water/food last. As it stands my character should be fat.

Now' date=' please stop eating me alive! :)

[/quote']

He's right, it's f*cking rude.

Let's kill him first. :P