Alfarjamie

Map.. weapon..

Make players spawn with a map by default.. makes the game much easier to locate friends rather than having to tab out to an online map and figure out where you are.

Spawn with a weapon.. at least a knife or a hatchet, or make the flashlight have a melee attack, starting without a weapon means you are pretty fucked if you encounter any zombies or hostile players.

I agree the spawning with map thing, altough actual player spawn loadout is server based, but maps should be basic stuff, after all, anyone at any point can just open a web browser and browse for map, so why not facilitate ingame.instead

No they changed not starting with a makarov for a reason why? because every where was a pvp zone and people bitched about,

also no maps, I knew the name of all the cities and towns you could spawn near in the first two days I played it's not hard, it takes literally five minutes to memorize all the names and locations,

• Like 2

Naked, hungry with a broken leg. That should be the hardcore spawn.

Seriously though, i cant see Rocket going backwards and giving out gear to players. Some private hives do things like his though. I once joined a hive where i had every tool and a DMR as a starter weapon. Threw me out for a few minutes, i climbed a hill and was immediately sniped.

It's very easy to find a map if you wander to the nearest city and look around. I've never had any sort of difficulty finding basic things I need.

You should spawn only with a Flashlight and pain killer only... not even with a backpack because it a game that must be hard went you start.

it is very hard to start with as it is now.. giving you a map just makes it more convenient for new players and finding your friends. starting with at least a knife or something should be mandatory.. maybe not a gun but a knife at least because if you get attacked before you find a weapon you're pretty much fucked.

Let's start Minecraft style...

it is very hard to start with as it is now.. giving you a map just makes it more convenient for new players and finding your friends. starting with at least a knife or something should be mandatory.. maybe not a gun but a knife at least because if you get attacked before you find a weapon you're pretty much fucked.

Having to survive on nothing is never convinient. Having a working economic system where you microwave preheated food is.

Edited by Enforcer

then maybe at least add a punch.. shove or kick command to fend off/knock down zombies.. having no ability to attack or defend yourself at all isn't just inconvenience its also unrealistic. :S

Edited by Alfarjamie
  • Like 1

I've read that hand to hand combat will be playing a part in SA.

Though I'm not all too confident in its effectiveness. It's surely better than being totally unable to defend yourself.

Personally I would prefer everyone to start absoultely empty-handed. With NOTHING.

There's no reason to have everyone carrying maps, or even flashlights, apart from simplifying introductory gameplay.

Story-wise, it might make sense to have people carrying random gear on spawn. One tool or one food item.

But this would only serve to create an imbalance on spawn.

We shouldn't be adding gear to new-spawns, we should take everything away.

• Like 1

1hfg2c.jpg

• Like 3

Spawn with a weapon?Don't you want even to chose what kind of weapon?Come on guys,you are taking too much rubbish ideas from warz.That's why many people like dayz,.. 'cuz is hard(altough it's pretty easy once you played a wile).You don't spawn with guns and maps and flashlights and that kind of rubbish and you then go and kill zombies and other players...You need to work for this .. and that's why the game isn't boring.

BUT..I'm agree with the knife/meele thing . It could be useful.

Edited by VldZ

when you start with nothing at all you can enjoy the variations to your playstyle you must do..consider the difference between finding a hatchet or a lee enfield in your first loot spot! you must adapt to everything

maps should be the rarest spawn. there should be other tools to triangulate your position. like your memory, or the journal that i heard they were going to put in. just write down whats what and shit like that. also using clouds to figure out east and west and that kind of thing. im tired of being spoon fed by games. thats mainly why im so intergued by dayz.

there should just be different degrees of difficulty on different servers. i havent even played dayz lately because i only play private hives, and all the private hives that actualy have populations are dumb easy mode. litteraly walk for ten minutes and find every gun in the game... thats not survival. thats tdm.

I once played on a Hive where every fresh spawn had a M14 AIM + 2 Mags, it was not fun.

as for maps ? meh even when I have a map I still Alt Tab out as most servers have it set so the map dosent show where you are.

you are not fucked if you know not to run directly at zombies, and if you don't know about that you are dumb.

I could agree with the map as beginner gear.

But a weapon? Never. It gives you a real draft when you try to slide into a city/barn/dock to find something to defend yourself.

then maybe at least add a punch.. shove or kick command to fend off/knock down zombies.. having no ability to attack or defend yourself at all isn't just inconvenience its also unrealistic. :S

Have you ever read that the game was never supposed to support melee? A modding team learned it the hard way when they tried to make a medieval mod...take a guess why they failed more or less...

If you play long enough, you will learn the roads of Chernarus.

Why dont we have it were we spawn with a half torn map and you have to find other pieces to it? :3

If you play long enough, you will learn the roads of Chernarus.

Exactly!

Well i just had a friend quit the game who complained about 2 things... "there is no map and i have no option to spawn near you, i have no fucking clue where to go" and.. "This game is so fucking shit i cannot even do a basic attack with my fists while some guy is next to us and shooting me"..

crawl around in the dirt until you find a weapon. But even with a gun, running right by zeds is really ideal. And in SA, running right past zeds will probably even more risky

Well i just had a friend quit the game who complained about 2 things... "there is no map and i have no option to spawn near you, i have no fucking clue where to go" and.. "This game is so fucking shit i cannot even do a basic attack with my fists while some guy is next to us and shooting me"..

Welcome to DayZ. This is what many of us want. It isn't all about the excitement and shooting people. While that is a part of the game, there is also the misery you feel from the cruel world that many of us love. There are very few other titles out there that can put you into a position of utter doom. Have you ever been cold, starving, weaponless, and bleeding in any other games?

DayZ, at best, unreasonably cruel.