Hze

Near impossible for new players now

I know this is a place for new players, but let me say; with 210-230 hours of experience, you won't be even close to dying. Within the first 2 hours, I found myself a map, compass, Lee Enfield (best for killing new players, later found a M4A3 CCO from a guy I killed with it, since it one-shots players.), M9SD, tons of food and water, medical supplies and an ALICE pack. I can't give any tips though. Well, maybe try checking the store, church and fire station(s) if you're near or at Cherno or Elektro. If you spawn at Kamenka/Komarovo/Balota/Airstrip, go to the Balota camp first, then to the airstrip; you'll find some awesome loot, 100% guaranteed!! :)

I'm pretty sure the REASON that the survivors.. are.. you know.. survivors is because they were prepared for the situation with weapons/medical supplies/food. If they didn't have those basic things they would already be part of the horde.

I mean' date=' I had to start again (I've been playing the mod for over a month now) and i went into Cherno to possibly get some sort of weapon. But as soon as i entered the town, i was already shot at. This doesn't encourage teamwork, in fact, it just makes it easier for bandits to kill new players. How are you meant to hide from zombies when they run 4x faster than you? Apart from going into buildings of course, but they will exit the building and catch up to you, and if you try and run, you will just attract more. The one time i managed to find an Alice pack and a double-barreled shotgun, i was instantly shot by someone with a high caliber rifle. This is near enough impossible, and bandits will remain bandits no matter what the players have, as 60% of bandits don't kill for loot but for the thrill.

[/quote']

THIS THIS A THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES THIS. over 120 hours logged into this mod and I can say with confidence that it's gone to hell. I was in a tower, when a guy spawned next to me. I run away, because I'm not in a killing mood, but I guess he was. One hit with an enfield and I'm dead. I respawn and I've been killed twice now by bandits spawn camping. It's fucking pathetic. The mod is too young for them to try and ruin it already.

THIS THIS A THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES THIS. over 120 hours logged into this mod and I can say with confidence that it's gone to hell. I was in a tower, when a guy spawned next to me. I run away, because I'm not in a killing mood, but I guess he was. One hit with an enfield and I'm dead. I respawn and I've been killed twice now by bandits spawn camping. It's fucking pathetic. The mod is too young for them to try and ruin it already.

Over 120 hours you claim but don't understand the premise of the game? Either you are out right lying about time in game or you aren't the sharpest pencil in the drawer.

When people spawn in, they have about 5-10 seconds where they are visible in game but cannot take any actions due to a black screen. Running from a completely defenseless person was you first mistake.

Your second mistake is not understanding the game. You said "I wasn't in a killing mood." Fair enough, you also were not in a surviving mood apparently and the *whole* point of the game is surviving. You were shot in the back because you didn't make the correct choices about your survival. You weren't even bested by a better/smarter player, you just played very dumb. Completely your fault.

Your third mistake was repeatedly spawing when you knew there were spawn campers. Go to a different server, keep respawning until you spawn somewhere without campers. You don't have any gear, you haven't lost anything.

[attachment=1190]

THIS THIS A THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES THIS. over 120 hours logged into this mod and I can say with confidence that it's gone to hell. I was in a tower' date=' when a guy spawned next to me. I run away, because I'm not in a killing mood, but I guess he was. One hit with an enfield and I'm dead. I respawn and I've been killed twice now by bandits spawn camping. It's fucking pathetic. The mod is too young for them to try and ruin it already.

[/quote']

Over 120 hours you claim but don't understand the premise of the game? Either you are out right lying about time in game or you aren't the sharpest pencil in the drawer.

When people spawn in, they have about 5-10 seconds where they are visible in game but cannot take any actions due to a black screen. Running from a completely defenseless person was you first mistake.

Your second mistake is not understanding the game. You said "I wasn't in a killing mood." Fair enough, you also were not in a surviving mood apparently and the *whole* point of the game is surviving. You were shot in the back because you didn't make the correct choices about your survival. You weren't even bested by a better/smarter player, you just played very dumb. Completely your fault.

Your third mistake was repeatedly spawing when you knew there were spawn campers. Go to a different server, keep respawning until you spawn somewhere without campers. You don't have any gear, you haven't lost anything.

The point isn't to kill every person you see, dicknose. The person wasn't completely defenseless he spawned with the enfield. Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me for thinking that it was safe in another spawn point! Either way taking away guns at the start is pants on head, dick in ass, and I can count to guns retarded

I read some scary posts in here... You idiots might even convince Rocket to stick with the way the game took right now. This isnt fun for 98% of gamers, you dont spend your entire evening crouching and waiting for zombies to leave a street so you can go inside a house and find nothing. And even if you do, you will potentially get killed by a bandit.

See, what I just described, is very likely to occur to a new player. And what is he going to do? Leave this game immediatly and never play it again in 70% of the cases, for maybe another 15% try a little more and then quit, the rest will stick around. Does 15% of "customers" (yeah I know it's free, but the point is to make a good game right?) satisfied sounds good to you?

There is a middle ground, middle ground that seemed okay before this patch. People who actually have a job, wont spend 1 hour crouching just to find a Makarov, and then die to a simple mistake they do. Yes it is survival, Yes we want this game to be challenging, but not Hardcore gamers only, and when I say Hardcore gamers dont fool yourselves peeps, I'm not talking about skill, just the amount of time your willing to spend into pointless and boring game phases.

The point isn't to kill every person you see' date=' dicknose. The person wasn't completely defenseless he spawned with the enfield. Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me for thinking that it was safe in another spawn point! Either way taking away guns at the start is pants on head, dick in ass, and I can count to guns retarded

[/quote']

Thanks for perfectly illustrating my point about you not understanding game mechanics. You're correct, you don't have to kill everyone you see. However you have to make decisions on how to survive longer. You chose completely wrong in this case.

Your fault completely.

Granted, I was giving you a jab in regards to your intelligence, but I was really only providing some input. In return you resorted to name calling, thus proving your maturity and in my book, therefore confirming your intelligence.

Cheers.

Well. Watched a lot of videos and spoke my friend into buying it (and me a copy) just to play it. And, SURPRISE! NO GUNS AT START! For a starter (even having some experience in hardcore games) the game has become TOO difficult. Spend half-an-hour on crawling into the barn... find an axe, kill some zombies, die, start again - sorry, not funny! Would it be this way in the videos - I wouldn't even bother looking the second one.

The only interesting "life" of the day was that when I got lost in the forest and found a tent with Cobra, all the rest - waste of time.

I do know there are maps with loot spots and so on, but I prefer to play legit and find everything myself. With the current situation I would either stop playing, or open google > loose interest in exploring > stop playing.

I read some scary posts in here... You idiots might even convince Rocket to stick with the way the game took right now. This isnt fun for 98% of gamers' date=' you dont spend your entire evening crouching and waiting for zombies to leave a street so you can go inside a house and find nothing. And even if you do, you will potentially get killed by a bandit.

See, what I just described, is very likely to occur to a new player. And what is he going to do? Leave this game immediatly and never play it again in 70% of the cases, for maybe another 15% try a little more and then quit, the rest will stick around. Does 15% of "customers" (yeah I know it's free, but the point is to make a good game right?) satisfied sounds good to you?

There is a middle ground, middle ground that seemed okay before this patch. People who actually have a job, wont spend 1 hour crouching just to find a Makarov, and then die to a simple mistake they do. Yes it is survival, Yes we want this game to be challenging, but not Hardcore gamers only, and when I say Hardcore gamers dont fool yourselves peeps, I'm not talking about skill, just the amount of time your willing to spend into pointless and boring game phases.

[/quote']

This

One of the few good posts in the whole thread imo. Actually im fine with the no gun spawn. I´ve just had to restart myself once or two since 1.7.1.1. but afterall, im a somewhat experienced player since I started playing with 1.6. The people complaining right now are mostly those guys, that would run into cherno/elektro and making it the warzone it was. Getting into "big cities" should allways be a job for only well geared and experienced guys. It isnt hard to find a gun at all, it is hard to play it like the most where used to be.

it dosent work guys, even wen we crunch afther death or even wen we got like 10 tents cars ets ets one shot and zombiz is all over us, we cant move around at all anymore.

alot off players whit weeks played are dead now becours of the zombi agro, and dont tell me me how to play the game the agro maybe needed a little more agro range then befor BUT not like it is now its insane, and wen we die i can and my whol clan can crawel throw southe to north BUT its im posebil now if we are lucky afther alot of tryes we get 2 people together to the north afther death and we are 7 people. so its not really fun to play anymore. Its a cooperative game and alot of team work even befor it was hard times zombis and outer players attacking at same time, now one bullet or a zombi that spots you 200 metters away will charge you and allert 10 more on the way.

pleas lower the agro range and for you who are telling us that its not a problem think agian.

I read some scary posts in here... You idiots might even convince Rocket to stick with the way the game took right now. This isnt fun for 98% of gamers' date=' you dont spend your entire evening crouching and waiting for zombies to leave a street so you can go inside a house and find nothing. And even if you do, you will potentially get killed by a bandit.

[/quote']

This

One of the few good posts in the whole thread imo. Actually im fine with the no gun spawn. I´ve just had to restart myself once or two since 1.7.1.1. but afterall, im a somewhat experienced player since I started playing with 1.6. The people complaining right now are mostly those guys, that would run into cherno/elektro and making it the warzone it was. Getting into "big cities" should allways be a job for only well geared and experienced guys. It isnt hard to find a gun at all, it is hard to play it like the most where used to be.

I agreee to 100% the game is totaly destroyed remindes me of a patch in Anarchyonline and that game lost 50% of the players laughing there arsles on the way out, and the rest of us was standing whit heads hanging low.

i have bean a beta tester for 20 years and played most of all games out there and i know this is a grave diggers ideer to raise the agro range on zombis so much, its insane.

i dont care about starting wepons its a great ideer that we cant start whit starting wepons, BUT to die to 10-20 zombis wen we hade a nice camp offroadcars,ATVs and alot off werpons, and then get killed bye zombis one bye one wen we were scatering, we cant get back at same are all of us at same day we die over and over agian. and it supos to be a coperative game. We spendede weeks to colect all stuff and we were doing allright but then this zombi agro omg mobs killed us wen it should have bean players.

LOWER the agro range pleas or you will loose allot of people, and then the end is here.

Glad they got rid of guns at the start. It was WAY too easy before. Game is still pretty damn easy if you play with patience.

Why doesnt anyone try a different aproach? Shure, you had to hide and sneak to survive before.. but now you dont have to. Zombis may see you and aggro way faster over larger areas.. but they are stupid as fuck.

You can loose them just running through a barn! Without shooting anything. Also try hatchets..

Shure you dont find guns & stuff that easy anymore.. but you also dont need them. The game has changed (for the worse if you ask me..) but you can still survive pretty easy.

Glad they got rid of guns at the start. It was WAY too easy before. Game is still pretty damn easy if you play with patience.

If you have so much time to play - lucky you are. Others don't find it interesting this way. I'd rather go back to eve, which is damn known for wasting players time, but not to THIS extend.

And yea, it is almost as it is better to play "sprint" now, not "stealth" - anyway you will get a Z on your back, so why bother?

Personally, I am worried about what the removal of side channel will do to the incoming population. Even with having heavy Arma 1 experience a few years ago, I had to learn the majority of what I know now from players helping me in the side channel.

Side channel? sh...

It looks like dev(s) are looking on experienced survivors now, forgetting at all of the new players. ATM I play alone and side channel gives some fun during long way from one place to another.

I am a decently experienced player now but since the new patch (1714) I can not get anywhere near a town! The zeds just keep finding me and breaking line of sight still makes them investigate exactly where I am :P

Why was the noise increased!?

It's very easy to find a gun, maybe you're probably searching those little towns/villages near the coast, you probably won't find any guns there (just ammo and supplies).

The best way is to get out of the coast just a little (north) to find a barn, for example, you can always find a gun there!

Or maybe you respawned near elektro/cherno, you will find a gun there but you are always in risk in these areas.

Yeah I bought Arma 2 just to check this mod out. I started earlier today. I've had absolutely zero fun. That sucks too b/c honestly I can tell this game has so much potential. It's so unique and the idea of trying to survive is amazing.

However I've played 4 hours and have yet to find one single weapon. It's just damn near impossible. You're only option being brand new is to hope you get lucky and spawn somewhere close to a weapon where the zombies have been previously cleared out.

Again I'm not knocking the game for bugs or anything of the sort, I understand it's alpha and it's awesome we get to play/test it for free.

The only negative I have to say is something that is not the result of a bug but b/c of the mod designers choice. Having no weapon to start just makes it feel completely hopeless.

It is much more difficult when you get started there's no doubt about it.

I tried it a few times this evening starting over, I got killed without a weapon near the beach. After screaming friendly on direct chat.

(haha suckah only got a flashlight)

After some trial and error I began learning the tendencies of the new zombies, I became successful at sneaking past them (although its long and painful).

One thing I would suggest would be for them to add a morphine injector when you start or make it more likely to spawn in supermarkets.

I broke my legs at one city and crawled for about 45 minutes into a major city to get morphine in a hospital. I made it out alive, found a downed heli, got a silenced PP-19, then I found a bicycle and I was good to go.

Its not easy, not should it be, but with the right techniques it is still possible.

All this incessant whining about how 'impossible' the game is yet it have more active players than ever?

I'm not sure if some peoples expectations are too high or they just expect to find a silenced mp5 with loads of ammo in the first low yield building they come across.

It's still high b/c the mod has gotten so much coverage everywhere. Once the majority of the people actually get it installed and find out you can't even have a weapon or even get one until hours in or till you just get lucky they will just quit.

Regardless that won't happen. The mod creator won't let it. I promise you he will reverse this starting with no gun nonsense soon enough.

Once I read about that, I'll come back.

Naw, I don't think I should find some awesome hardware right off the bat. I also want to say I am enjoying myself, even while being completely frustrated. Hell, I'm not even mad about not starting with a gun (I wasn't around for when you did) Maybe, fi the hatchets work out, can we start with those?)

Also, thank you for the flashlight...and thank you for not letting it attract zombies. People... different story but that is what it is.

This is only my second day, and maybe I have learned all that I need to know, but, in two days of play, I've managed to find a lot of ammunition.... A Lee Enfield (no ammo that time), some food, a canteen (once) some soda, random car parts, annnd wire. Oh, and I knife!

I have found a weapon (hatchet) one time. Also, why is it being said they're underpowered? I don't know, but when I hit a zombie with it, it died (often, it was propelled across the map)

I'm sneaky, I never sprint, don;t even crouch sprint very often, I'm almost always crouch walking, or crawling. I managed one good loot run (no weapon again, but plenty of ammo :( ) before a zed somehow saw me proned out, not moving, he was, maybe 20 feet away)

Most recently, before coming to share my 2 cents (that no one wants to hear anyways :P) I was crawling along beside a building about halfway to the corner, and a zed came hauling ass around said corner and attacks me. Clearly, he had aggro'd to me...though there was no line of sight...you make no noise crawling, and have a visibility of one?

That make any sense to you? What am I doing wrong?

On the subject of other players, I've been lucky that I've found only neutral or friendly survivors. Maybe I just wasn't worth looting? Call em soft hearted or foolish, I even shared some of my Coke I'd found with one.

every time i die within 1 minute of spawning

can't see anything, torch doesn't really help because character is too retarded to point it while moving

no i am not sprinting around like a moron

game's pretty dumb

All this incessant whining about how 'impossible' the game is yet it have more active players than ever?

Maybe those are players, like myself, who saw the videos on youtube of an earlier versions? The game is now very much different. With the current way of moving - I don't think it is for long.

Just bought this game a few days ago (yes because I watched youtube)

I enjoy the realistic survival horror edge of this game, though I havent had much success.

First spawned on a server in pitch darkness, took a few steps into the impenetrable night, completely unarmed, thats when the screaming began......almost shat myself, I've loved it from then on (I die alot, i mean ALOT)

played about a dozen spawns, still yet to find a weapon, I'd love to start with a makarov, cant they change the spawn points to random places in the woods instead of the coast, this might answer the newbie griefing I'd heard about with the old makarov system?

I love this game because it is intense and realistic, but please reconsider the no starting gun system ;-)