Hze

Near impossible for new players now

Iv had to restart 4 times within 30 minuits while looking or loot as a new player, im being stealthy, crouching + shift and going prone, but its like zombies have wallhacks cause they can sense me with no noise from the other side of a building :/

Are you a veteran or have you started the game now? Maybe you need to learn to sneak properly. I dont think proning is the best option, I would go with walking while being croched and being still with nearby zombies and wait for them to go through. Its also interesting to analyse the walking paterns of the zombies and think which way would be better to go in and out of specific places.

Ive written some tips here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13723 For new survivors, if you read and like it please reply.

Also, use large buildings and docks as often as possible. They slow down the zombies giving you an easy headshot.

Also' date=' use large buildings and docks as often as possible. They slow down the zombies giving you an easy headshot.

[/quote']

new people dont have guns now

Are you a veteran or have you started the game now? Maybe you need to learn to sneak properly. I dont think proning is the best option' date=' I would go with walking while being croched and being still with nearby zombies and wait for them to go through. Its also interesting to analyse the walking paterns of the zombies and think which way would be better to go in and out of specific places.

Ive written some tips here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13723 For new survivors, if you read and like it please reply.

[/quote']

started yesterday but had major bugs so hard to start over & i do check there walking patterns, but last time i died a zed came from behind a building that i was heading to even though i wasnt making any sound:/

I agree, I've started today and played for around 6 hours.. So far about 6 restarts, and not a weapon to be found..

I mean honestly, how are we supposed to go looting? 3/5 of the places I checked for loot had zombies either outside the door, or right inside, without any means of defending yourself.. not even a little bit. Encouraging teamwork is great, but with 50 players on one server, it ain't easy to get a team.. In those whole 6 hours I've seen one person who was also weaponless, and he died.

I understand that guns were removed upon respawn to discourage griefing on the beaches, but would it have hurt to give new players some kind of melee weapon to start out with? If players had to chase each other down and get within melee range to attack, it would be enough of a deterrent. I actually find it unrealistic for a recently-awakened "Survivor" to spawn without a machete or even a baseball bat to defend themselves from zombies.

I understand that guns were removed upon respawn to discourage griefing on the beaches' date=' but would it have hurt to give new players some kind of melee weapon to start out with? If players had to chase each other down and get within melee range to attack, it would be enough of a deterrent. I actually find it unrealistic for a recently-awakened "Survivor" to spawn without a machete or even a baseball bat to defend themselves from zombies.

[/quote']

Melee weapons are not currently implemented in ArmA, and it would take a lot of work to introduce them. This would mean new animations, coding, etc.

I don't think Melee weapons will be added, I read an interview with Rocket and he wasn't keen on the idea.

The pistols worked fine I think, new players should just have a 10 minute pvp protection on them or something..

I'm pretty sure the REASON that the survivors.. are.. you know.. survivors is because they were prepared for the situation with weapons/medical supplies/food. If they didn't have those basic things they would already be part of the horde.

I mean, I had to start again (I've been playing the mod for over a month now) and i went into Cherno to possibly get some sort of weapon. But as soon as i entered the town, i was already shot at. This doesn't encourage teamwork, in fact, it just makes it easier for bandits to kill new players. How are you meant to hide from zombies when they run 4x faster than you? Apart from going into buildings of course, but they will exit the building and catch up to you, and if you try and run, you will just attract more. The one time i managed to find an Alice pack and a double-barreled shotgun, i was instantly shot by someone with a high caliber rifle. This is near enough impossible, and bandits will remain bandits no matter what the players have, as 60% of bandits don't kill for loot but for the thrill.

You just need to get the hang of the game :/ i spawned, headed to the hills and crawled my way into barns and buildings and found some decent gear, just wait for the right time to move then go! if your too hasty then your bound to get killed! as teh old saying goes "you need to learn to walk before you can run"

You must be very careful and patient to survive, and older players will have trouble surviving now too, with their loud guns and bags of ammo too.

This game is IMPOSSIBLE for new players. Not having a gun at spawn is the most RETARDED decision any developer has ever made. I spent $30 on this stupid game to play the mod and now the aggravation isn't worth it. Pull your heads out of your asses and rethink it.

luckily i found an afk person with a m911.. oh yes, 1 mag only though, heading north to my mates that have a sniper for me xD

This game is IMPOSSIBLE for new players. Not having a gun at spawn is the most RETARDED decision any developer has ever made. I spent $30 on this stupid game to play the mod and now the aggravation isn't worth it. Pull your heads out of your asses and rethink it.

wouldnt mind not having a gun, but how smart the zombies are now are stupid.

You spent $30 to play DayZ and now it's not really fun to you? I recommend playing ArmA II until the issues you're having get resolved...

You're complaining you bought a game to play a mod in Alpha which doesn't meet your expectations, did you even research what the game was like before you parted with your cash?

Who made the retarded decision?

You paid $30 for Arma 2 and it's expansion. Both fully functional games. Your assertion that you be reimbursed for time or money based on your experiences in DayZ is completely baseless.

Who made the retarded decision?

Your parents when they decided to fuck you faggot

[i have been warned for this post-Ubi]

You paid $30 for Arma 2 and it's expansion. Both fully functional games. Your assertion that you be reimbursed for time or money based on your experiences in DayZ is completely baseless.

When did I say I wanted my money back? Improve your reading comprehension moron.

luckily i found an afk person with a m911.. oh yes' date=' 1 mag only though, heading north to my mates that have a sniper for me xD

[hr']

wouldnt mind not having a gun' date=' but how smart the zombies are now are stupid.

[/quote']

It's the combination of the two that makes the game retarded now. If you had a gun to begin with you could limp along until you loot a decent rifle.

The question is: why the hell you put yourself at risk, confronting the zeds, FOUR times in 30 minutes? Imagine yourself in real life, you see a bunch of zombies there, and you go there? Without thinking for more than (30/4 = 7.5) ... seven minutes and half?

This game is about surviving, without a weapon you may pass HOURS finding the right spot and the right moment to go in a building avoiding the zeds.. you did it four times in 30 minutes.. lol. This is not splinter cell my friend. ;)

I understand that guns were removed upon respawn to discourage griefing on the beaches' date=' but would it have hurt to give new players some kind of melee weapon to start out with? If players had to chase each other down and get within melee range to attack, it would be enough of a deterrent. I actually find it unrealistic for a recently-awakened "Survivor" to spawn without a machete or even a baseball bat to defend themselves from zombies.

[/quote']

Melee weapons are not currently implemented in ArmA, and it would take a lot of work to introduce them. This would mean new animations, coding, etc.

I had no idea that was the case for Arma2. How unfortunate. So many FPS support melee combat these days that I've kind of taken it for granted.

As corny as it sounds, maybe they could give newbie players some kind of BB gun? It could take a few headshots to kill a zombie and do noticeably less damage to other players. Hey, it worked in the Fallout series... =P

I'm just not a fan of the "spawning with absolutely no means of defending yourself" model.

The game is much more intense this way, though I think that they should increase the chances of finding a weapon - I looted three or four locations today - and I found lots of ammo, frag grenade, smoke grenade, but not a single weapon...

After some time looting defenseless - you make a mistake and die because there is no way to defend yourself without a weapon.

Arma 2 is a realistic war simulation game, that is why there is no melee in it. Its not world war I where people killed each other in trenches with bayonetes.

guys there is a hotfix in the pipe right now:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13895

this is an alpha build mod, that mean its basically a prototype on which lots of testing needs doing and features are still being developed. you have to expect serious problems to crop up every now and then, thats the risk you accept when you play an alpha build game.

The question is: why the hell you put yourself at risk' date=' confronting the zeds, FOUR times in 30 minutes? Imagine yourself in real life, you see a bunch of zombies there, and you go there? Without thinking for more than (30/4 = 7.5) ... seven minutes and half?

This game is about surviving, without a weapon you may pass HOURS finding the right spot and the right moment to go in a building avoiding the zeds.. you did it four times in 30 minutes.. lol. This is not splinter cell my friend. ;)

[/quote']

erm because i need gear..

Lol just found an AK47 and 3 mags of ammo in the middle of Cherno city. Also 2 blood packs and a plethora of other stuff. Also found an alice packpack in cherno.

The loot is there, just need to go into the better places. Not like some shack out in the middle of the boonies is gonna have an m249 machine gun in it.

This game is about surviving' date=' without a weapon you may pass HOURS finding the right spot and the right moment to go in a building avoiding the zeds..

[/quote']

And this is the primary reason for my frustrations with this mod. It's 1.5+ hours of finding people you're playing with, then at least an hour to get people decently equipped, then you get to scavenge and enjoy yourself for a few hours before you die.

Granted I just started playing yesterday, but I feel like getting back on your feet should be a bit easier, if only to make the mod easier to learn for new players. I'm not sure how to do that while also stymieing the PvP back n' forth, but I'm sure the dev(s) can think of something given time and enough incentive.

I feel like this mod has a lot of potential, as I enjoyed myself for about two hours today searching a zombie infested town with a friend. Tactically taking out zombies so you don't attract more is more fun to me than either sneaking past them at a snails pace or running away from them constantly.

Just my two cents,

Cheers.