Hze

Near impossible for new players now

For some reason i doubt it would be as fun for him without spawning some godlike kit' date=' or having 12+ little minions around to hand him gear..

[/quote']

What an incredible assumption.

[..]

CON:

- It's fucking annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun (believe me' date=' I just tried it)

- You can spawn many times before you actually have a life that finds a weapon

- Hackers, for the moment, will reveille in this change until their loopholes are closed

[/quote']

That is a partial quote from another thread.

I've been playing this mod now for one day. I'm not disappointed but i have to say that some things should change.

- I dont care to start off without a gun, but my problem is that it is too hard finding a gun. To get one, you have to get to big cities like Cherno or Elektro which are packed with loads of uberzombies which cannot be outrun or whatsoever.

- I tried surviving more in the woods and trying to loot in small places more centralized on the map. The problem in this area is that there are simply no guns in that area whatsoever.

My biggest problem: Due to the serious lack of food, drinks and guns all players will hunt down eachother instead of combining their power versus the zombies or bandits. Today i tried finding food/drinks for 4 hours and all my unarmed life saw was empty soda cans and empty bottles. I've noticed the fact that you are able to make a fire and noticed the fact that you can hunt for food (at least that's what i think the hunting knife is for) but due to the fact that food is so immensely scarce every player on the map will shoot other players... and this is not because they like to do so but just simply because they 'hope' you carry some food (and usually when you get shot you have nothing at all...)

I think the main problem is that there are too less 'food' and weapon resources. Due to the lack of resources, people will just shoot anyone on sight simply because they have to survive and they dont want to take the risk getting shot themselves. Because of this Teamplay is no option.

Surviving is so hard that all other things like repairing a car, creating a fire, use matches, chop wood or anything else is completely unimportant and gets no attention at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Did any of you guys play darkfall? Seems like this game would have lots of darkfall players.

I love the response from the guy who was trained in the military for using real melee weapons and close quarters combat. If you guys want realism then quit being illogical.

The fix should be really simple, put weak weapons in more places.

Haven't played Darkfall, but the somewhat similar (in terms of harshness, full loot and open PvP) Ultima Online.

As for the OP, you're not really trying... I spent a couple of hours today with the new patch and aside from the broken spawn rates of foods and such I didn't experience much problems sneaking around... and when I did attract zombies I could shake them off. I was even trapped without a gun inside the office building in Elektro, but managed to lure the zombies away by throwing empty whisky bottles on the streets outside, giving me the time to continue searching the building for weapons.

Only found a crossbow with one bolt, but that was enough to make my way to the fire station and pick up a shotgun there... without even using it (except to help an unarmed survivor from his zombie followers) I made it towards the northern fire station where I picked up a DMR and AK to start my trek towards Stary Sobor and eventually the northern airfield, but couldn't continue because the lack of food... (should've checked zombie corpses, but that's hindsight).

The lack of food and drinks is do to a bug which is getting fixed by tonight hopefully. I like the lack of food but just not to this extent, before the bug happened food was incredibly easy to find (at least for me anyways).

I hated starting without a gun and food but now I sort of like it... cant really explain why though I just do x] maybe it just feels so much more rewarding when you do finding these things? makes find a crossbow a major victory lol

I've been doing the following.

1 - Spawn.

2 - Run to town.

3 - Aggro every single zombie in town.

4 - Go through a building and around it.

5 - Zombies lost me, every single one of them is stuck inside a building.

6 - Loot without even worrying of zombies.

Not sneaking is the new sneaking.

The lack of food and drinks is do to a bug which is getting fixed by tonight hopefully. I like the lack of food but just not to this extent' date=' before the bug happened food was incredibly easy to find (at least for me anyways).

I hated starting without a gun and food but now I sort of like it... cant really explain why though I just do x'] maybe it just feels so much more rewarding when you do finding these things? makes find a crossbow a major victory lol

Hmmmm.... Not getting on for a couple of days I guess now. Also - the new downloader is busted - I get a malicious software warning trying to connect to the server. Why not the zips like previously? It's so easy to install it... How many people don't get how to create folders and dropping the files in them?

Well I didn't read but the first page of responses to the OP.

I had just about everything when the new patch came out...so I respawned...lost it all..NVG's, M14 with Aimpoint Comp, ammo, and all the other "precious" one can horde, I even ditched my tent dumped it all so the server could take it back. Yes...I loast days of lootness on purpose....why? Fuck I got it once, I can get it again...I don't mind the work.

Once on respawn I died pretty quick....wow cool! Had to readjust my tactics, movements and be even more patient, yet with a quick slight.

In just a few hours I"m sporting NVG's again, M4CCO, DMR,knive, compass, map, watch, cyote pack Etc,etc,etc....precious loot.

I just may respawn again for fun of being so vulnurable and WORKING my way to better resources to help me survive.

Personally I love how the new respawn is...your vulnerable, in the most extreme!!!

Some are ingrained with the gameplay of HAVING to HAVE a gun. See now, every problem you come accross isnt a "nail" cause you have a hammer (gun)..you see? have to learn other ways of play...than just using the "gun". Have to use other means to your disposable. Hello? "Antigame" ring a bell???

So you agro a Zed, with no gun (deosnt matter if it's trough a wall down the fuckin street it's agroed and you have to deal with it!!)...RUN, RUN...run through trees, cut through thick bushes...yes you just may have to go out of your way to loose them...BUT they can be lost and you can survive just fine without a gun I did!! ...'till you find one, then you can try to survive even better....but the gun doesn't make the survivor.

Fuck abunch of installer...I just dl the RaR's and install on the raw...crude but very effective....no issues with any update.

Hmmmm.... Not getting on for a couple of days I guess now. Also - the new downloader is busted - I get a malicious software warning trying to connect to the server. Why not the zips like previously? It's so easy to install it... How many people don't get how to create folders and dropping the files in them?

They're still there: http://cdn.armafiles.info/latest/

LoL, I hate this so much... I finally found a shotgun after hours of gameplay and I can't pick it up. I can drop and pickup the crossbow and other items I found around it but for some reason i can't loot the first gun I found. :/

I lol'd over the individuals who say "I've played for 3 hours, and this game needs to change." Ha, develop your own game the way you want to play it if you can't master this game in 20 minutes. I've been playing this game a week but I understand to head north from the start and avoid other players and mobs of zombies to stay alive. My current life has 15 zombie kills despite the fact I've been running around with an akm and 8 clips for a couple days.

I've found about a dozen or so shotguns and pistols that I've passed up over the last 24 hours, I just stay clear of big cities and search safer areas. If you try to loot buildings that have already been looted by half of the server because it's close to your spawn, you're going to have a bad time.

If you want to run into big cities after finding a weapon and go guns blazing on zeds then the game allows you to do that. But actions don't come without consequences...

Good luck everyone.

I understand that guns were removed upon respawn to discourage griefing on the beaches' date=' but would it have hurt to give new players some kind of melee weapon to start out with? If players had to chase each other down and get within melee range to attack, it would be enough of a deterrent. I actually find it unrealistic for a recently-awakened "Survivor" to spawn without a machete or even a baseball bat to defend themselves from zombies.

[/quote']

Melee weapons are not currently implemented in ArmA, and it would take a lot of work to introduce them. This would mean new animations, coding, etc.

I realize this was posted before 1.7.1.2 was announced, but I feel the need to just state that said update will introduce 2 new melee weapons into the game, the hatchet and another one I forgot.

1 - Spawn.

2 - Run to town.

5 - Zombies lost me' date=' every single one of them is stuck inside a building.

[/quote']

QFT...

I played 1.7.1.1 last night for the first time and after about an hour of carefully sneaking around I decided to try out the new zombie visibility code change. I ran through a town and found my self with around 8 zombies on my ass. I zigzagged through buildings and fences and before I knew it I had lost them. I think everyone is playing like it's still 1.7.0. This update has changed zombie behavior sooooo much. I'm still on my first life with a shit ton of loot and an AKM with 6 mags. There is no reason to bitch, if anything the zombies have been nerfed.

Just my experience. No global judgments, et al.

--for me the worse part is no canteen or beans. I rarely shot at anything before this patch with the Mak.

--I tended to play Gingerbread Man Style. Run-Run-Run for the woods. Now, I hope to be near Cherno or Electro on spawn, just to gear up. It is pretty tough, with nearly nothing on you, to make it to one of the smaller towns.

--You are very vulnerable to the guy with a gun. Had a dude face shoot me for giggles in a barn outside of Cherno. It wasn't for the gear. Lesson--avoid obvious places where players collect until you have a way to defend yourself.

Suggestions: Keep the no gun spawn. Fine with me. Restore 1x Beans, 1xCanteen. Will give you a bare chance of surviving to make it into the wilderness, or enough to recover from that first attack.

old thread, games just piss easy now, all i do is run through cherno, go through a small building and there gone xD

That is true. I did the same thing. Spend hours getting swarmed by zombies 50 feet away so I said "screw it. I'm running for that building". Walked away with a ass-ton of gear and b-lined it to the tree line.

Everyone complaining will feel different once they do have some gear and are safe in the woods. Ever hear about the man who only appreciated what he worked hard for? Yea, that's every man and woman out there. I really believe the light will go on when your heart is pounding and your running for the tree line with your alice pack full of survival gear.

aggro all zeds run through buildings and lose the zeds and loot all .sry no where as fun as game was at 1.71.0 i know me and a few friends have still been trying seeing its alpha but the game has lost alot of its fun.no gun no food poor spawn rate on items zeds with super human senses.sounds more fun to play a zed instead.was fun while it lasted but now i dont tell anyone about this mod anymore.maybe once they fix it and stop taking notes from the so call vets .even youtube vids of this mod have stopped cuz u cant play for more then 5 mins .say what u want go check listen to peps in servers .cant wait till fixed good job on effort they/rocket puts in.

1 - Spawn.

2 - Run to town.

5 - Zombies lost me' date=' every single one of them is stuck inside a building.

[/quote']

QFT...

I played 1.7.1.1 last night for the first time and after about an hour of carefully sneaking around I decided to try out the new zombie visibility code change. I ran through a town and found my self with around 8 zombies on my ass. I zigzagged through buildings and fences and before I knew it I had lost them. I think everyone is playing like it's still 1.7.0. This update has changed zombie behavior sooooo much. I'm still on my first life with a shit ton of loot and an AKM with 6 mags. There is no reason to bitch, if anything the zombies have been nerfed.

I think a lot of people are complaining about 1.7.1.... THAT was hard. Zed with UBER sight in 220 degs around them.

That or the spawns being F'ed up with 1.7.1.1 (loot that is). My mate made it all the way to Berzino (NE city) and died from thirst due to no canteens or sodas...

again people think cuz u voice on something that u dont know how to play lol.i know how they move i get by them i was saying that once u do aggro them all u have to do is jump some fences and go through building and u lose them/get them stuck now u can loot all with no worrys .my comment was that its not as fun.if u think it is good for u then have fun and and tons of other players dont .again i was saying it was more fun to me on 1.71.0. thats all i said so keep ur u dont know how to play comments to urself.i also stated i know if alpha and that bugs are going to be present i also beta test alot of games .not my first and not my last .

The learning curve on this game is tough. Hell I learn just last night I could throw a can/bottle to get the Zed in a building to leave. Now I learn that I should just run like hell and cut thru a large build to loot buildings in peace. well at least for now

I have yet to play the game to judge but i like the idea of spawning without a gun but new players just need a way to protect them selves

I have yet to play the game to judge but i like the idea of spawning without a gun but new players just need a way to protect them selves

They do have a way to protect themselves - it's called "running", like anyone else would do if zombies started chasing you.

I've played it only a couple hours' date=' but in those couple hours I only died once. I was lucky, but still, wouldn't call it 'near impossible' by any means.

[/quote']

I agree. At night time, a new player is screwed though. But this morning when I played I made it inland and now have myself a shotgun and some ammo.