Hze

Near impossible for new players now

Its to hard the fucking Z are to sensitive and the fucking z spawn in Building!

Turn the sensitiv down like befor.

It's amazing like every good piece of gaming experience is always turned into unplayable crap.

This game was very hard with Makarov when you were alone. It was still very hard to survive more then 30 minutes. We have group of 4 ppl playing together and still we had very hard fights on our trips through the Cernarus. NOW, the game is almost unplayable. No fucking weapon, no fucking possibility to run away from zombies, because they are running like fucking Usain Bolt and fucking "We are playing Counter Strike" assholes killing other players all around.

Sure, start without the gun is an option, but then add some possibilities to shake down the zombies when they are following you. For example, when I will be so good and will lead them in some close fence and this will give me some advantage in distance (maybe 100 or more meters) they should just loose the agro and start again just wander via land.

I am playing around week now, I bought arma because of Dayz, I am ex-soldier and ex-cop in real life, so no interest in war game any more. Today I wanted to play Dayz. First start, 5 minutes in game, counterstrike dickhead did kill me. Second start, zombie in every house which I wanted to step in, no gun, no possibility to fight back, dead in 10 minutes. Third start, again zombie in house, run away with zombies from whole village in my back. Running around 10 minutes, they all still did follow me, no gun, no possibility to fight back. Suicide a after 10 minutes run. Fucking angry now, great work!

You know you can 'lose' zombies now by getting out of their LOS?

Also, with the makarov it was SO easy. People just didnt realise that you head NORTH - no stopping until you get north of Msta or Mogilevka.

I just played from scratch (fell off the staircase in a castle) for 2 hours, I managed to find a makarov, 1911 and winchester. In the end I died from thirst - and loved it. I was desperate to find a water bottle so I could drink, so was taking greater and greater risks, I had an axe and a knife so I needed matches too so I could eat.

Although its a bug, the lack of food and water made it REALLY hardcore...

You know you can 'lose' zombies now by getting out of their LOS?

Also' date=' with the makarov it was SO easy. People just didnt realise that you head NORTH - no stopping until you get north of Msta or Mogilevka.

[/quote']

do you mean I can shake them down when they will loose eyes contact with me? Not sure if I understand.

I understand that guns were removed upon respawn to discourage griefing on the beaches' date=' but would it have hurt to give new players some kind of melee weapon to start out with? If players had to chase each other down and get within melee range to attack, it would be enough of a deterrent. I actually find it unrealistic for a recently-awakened "Survivor" to spawn without a machete or even a baseball bat to defend themselves from zombies.

[/quote']

Melee weapons are not currently implemented in ArmA, and it would take a lot of work to introduce them. This would mean new animations, coding, etc.

It wouldn't take a lot to implement a melee weapon. There is an obvious and easy way to do this with any FPS that has been done countless times before. It's as simple as having a model, animation and script. You simply treat the melee weapon as a gun that has a very limited range for the projectile. The rate of fire depends on the speed of the animation ect. It's a very simple solution and yes, the arma engine would handle this with ease.

It is still very easy. I ran without stoping to elektro, Had about 20 zeds on me. When into ther office building, up the stairs, and climbed down the fire escape. The zeds got lost inside and I started looting stuff. Guns were everywhere inside houses and the firestations.

Games is great, I really love the difficulty level now. Just get better at it. This game takes some skill.

The people posting the games is too hard, are the bottom feeding, no skill, scrubs.

wouldnt mind not having a gun' date=' but how smart the zombies are now are stupid.

[/quote']

^^^ This.... even with the 1.7.1.1 hotfix...Zeds seeing you from 30 m away (90 ft) (and I question this as I have zeds aggro while I was in the woods, prone, looking into town that HAD to have been > 90 ft away) is suicide.

The only way to get a weapon now is to exploit the zeds slowing down in bldgs (especially long barns) where you can run in with a train following you, see a weapon and quickly pick it up, then hopefully run out the other side and break LOS without aggroing more zed.

Aside from the broken spawing of loot (guns and more importantly FOOD and DRINK) which Rocket knows is broke and is fixing (talk about a work-aholic!) ... the biggest issue new players have is being spawned in Electro and Cherno. Rocket should change all the spawns in those cities to be non-spawnable. Spawn everyone out in the outer areas along the coast.

newbies....STAY THE F*** out of big cities is the biggest tip I can give you. Spawn in...put the coast at your back and run like a jackrabbit inland.

If one single Zombie start to be a SUPER ZOMBIE this mod will be really boring, the fun is that zombie mob after you and you inside a building trying to survive, not a predator zombie after you who never loose you and break your bone with one touch. At least they should loose the sight on you after a while

Im a new player - just started today and played for 5 hours or so.

As a new player ill state 2 things -1) the games hard to get going in and 2) I dont know enough about the game to make judgements about what should or shouldnt be in it. Id imagine point 2 should be the case for all NEW players.

Im finding it very fun, granted after watching numerous lets play youtubes I was baffled at not having a gun but a quick gogle confirmed it wasnt a bug but a new feature. Took around 4 deaths for me to somewhat get the hang of things and it was quite a steep curve but then I imagine that is part of the game. Its not supposed to be some L4D or COD rehash, I rather like the pace of it.

After 5 hours or so im now toting a pistol with 2 or 3 clips, water bottles, alice pack, some beans, binoculars and a newly found Lee Enfield (found on a corpse - wish i could have nabbed his ghillie suit...). Im just hoping all this will be on me when i log back in as i didnt get to try the rifle out (do i need to join same server?).

So as for the thread title - no not near impossible, just pretty tough going but i think its a refreshing change. Who said zombie apocalypses werent tough going?

Yeah okay, but some thing really need nerfing man.

Like zombies opening doors, what's with that? And the whole blood fountain thing when you get hit is just plain frustrating, especially when it's for the second time and you're all out of bandages

I love how some people are so hell bent on defending this less than a day old patch that has obviously made the game significantly harder. Harder to a point where it's almost impossible to get going as a new player.

Could you guys remove your heads a bit and try something other than 'learn how to sneak'. I'm at a point where I will have to prone everywhere in a city to stay somewhat safe from zombies. Good luck with that, as bandits love prone players out in the open...

My favorite feature of the posts telling people to just suck it up - you seem to have all the time in the friggin world to play! Not everyone does, and as a result, it is NOT fun (and it should be) for anyone who can't dedicate a full-time job's worth of hours to sitting in front of their monitor in perma-prone.

I want this game to grow and become very popular, and it already has in many ways, but I would not advise any of my friends to try this game in its current state.

My favorite feature of the posts telling people to just suck it up - you seem to have all the time in the friggin world to play! Not everyone does' date=' and as a result, it is NOT fun (and it should be) for anyone who can't dedicate a full-time job's worth of hours to sitting in front of their monitor in perma-prone.

I want this game to grow and become very popular, and it already has in many ways, but I would not advise any of my friends to try this game in its current state.

[/quote']

I got the game yesterday and yeah its hard, but not impossible. I like that its a bit difficult to survive.. then again I like a challenge, I guess some don't.

Its not spawning without a weapon I hate, its that there are zombies being aggroed from what seems like 100s of meters, and that's just stupid, that and the combination of bandages being near impossible to find, I had a character with a kobra, and he got hit once, and later died from 12000 blood because a single bandage was not found in a whole city.

[Edit:] I forgot to add that zombies spawn directly behind you, and become aggroed immediately, thats the only one that hit me, so people who say "Sneak better" don't seem to understand whats happening...

My favorite feature of the posts telling people to just suck it up - you seem to have all the time in the friggin world to play! Not everyone does' date=' and as a result, it is NOT fun (and it should be) for anyone who can't dedicate a full-time job's worth of hours to sitting in front of their monitor in perma-prone.

[/quote']

I got the game yesterday and yeah its hard, but not impossible. I like that its a bit difficult to survive.. then again I like a challenge, I guess some don't.

It's not a challenge, its impossible. You must've been lucky enough to find something right away

I got the game yesterday and yeah its hard' date=' but not impossible. I like that its a bit difficult to survive.. then again I like a challenge, I guess some don't.

[/quote']

Dude, 1.7 was hard enough - I coveted every last piece of equipment I had, and made my fiance get pissed off because I'd be desperately searching for food or drink to survive when she was bugging me to spend time with her. It was a fucking struggle, but at least it was tenable for people who don't have their entire day available to dedicate to gaming to enjoy it to some extent.

I have no issue whatsoever with taking away the starting pistol and other equipment - I just think it's absolutely ludicrous to not only take away the starting pistol, but also to amp up the zombies to be ultra sensitive. It is not fun for people who do not have hours and hours to prone around praying they won't get mobbed and bleed out.

There is a way to make this game hard without being unreasonable. 1.7 was exactly that.

I started playing today after watching the Hatventures twits playing it. I was able to survive for several hours by keeping low, never standing up and going prone the moment i see movement. I explored a few villages, a few corpses and a couple trashed cars. All i found was a can of pepsi. I kept going and kept going and kept going, largely because it was so difficult to get into a server without it freezing on "create a character" whatever the hell that means. I dodged plenty of zombies, but couldnt take any risks because it would mean pretty much instant death since i couldnt defend myself, and would of had to sit there like a bitch and die. As much as it was challenging, it was seriously boring to play, and I'm going to tell my mates not to bother until they return the starter pistol, and neither will I.

I started playing today after watching the Hatventures twits playing it. I was able to survive for several hours by keeping low' date=' never standing up and going prone the moment i see movement. I explored a few villages, a few corpses and a couple trashed cars. All i found was a can of pepsi. I kept going and kept going and kept going, largely because it was so difficult to get into a server without it freezing on "create a character" whatever the hell that means. I dodged plenty of zombies, but couldnt take any risks because it would mean pretty much instant death since i couldnt defend myself, and would of had to sit there like a bitch and die. As much as it was challenging, it was seriously boring to play, and I'm going to tell my mates not to bother until they return the starter pistol, and neither will I.

[/quote']

Good post.

i think the new patch is pointless ive been playing for around 100hours and now i dont want to play because it just ruins it now plyaers with guns just happly gun people without guns down. rocket you have ruined the game by adding in code to make you spawn without guns. also zeds were a pain before now its stupid. like the guy before me you can sneak you can prone but you just get pwnd very time.

The new patch is even more broken than the last one. Amongst the tons of new bugs that have arisen with zombie aggro and all round stability, the game got much MUCH more difficult with starting with no consumables/weapons.

Just gotta put up with it through these awful stages, it's alpha, remember.

We can only hope that someone reads these and make according changes.

I think the new patch makes the mod garbage.

maybe some day i'll check back.. i came back today to try the new hot fix...

sigh.

anyway, ive read what most of you are saying and see plenty of valid points and concerns.

I wonder if rocket played this mod as a new player if he would still enjoy it as much..

For some reason i doubt it would be as fun for him without spawning some godlike kit, or having 12+ little minions around to hand him gear..

Ive switched to Wasteland. i'm sick of rocket's anonymous rape simulator.

I encourage you all to get into the ARMA community more and find other mods to play. There are plenty of other great mods out there to choose from. DayZ is not all there is.

While I appreciate the fact that people quickly fall back on the 'it's an alpha' argument but to a developer such as myself I fully understand that even being an alpha isn't always a valid argument. The only reason this hasn't been called a beta is to allow this fallback to protect slander. I understand what Dean is trying to do with this mod and at it's current non-linear development path, it will never reach a finished stage. This is an experiment more than anything and will remain as such until ported to a new engine and released as a real commercial product or an official mod for a product. This community is the testing waters for what Dean and group will do in the future. Right now they have the ability to test anything to their hearts content without worry and will continue to do so in order to refine the formula. So if anything 'it's an alpha' isn't a good argument. The argument should be 'you're paying nothing to the developers to play their creation', now that is a VALID argument. If you really want to be helpful and push this social test in the right direction, provide structured feedback and not rants. That in the end is going to benefit everyone.

That didn't happen to be me who killed you, did it? :P

I think instead of adding melee weapons just the ability to tackle an individual would help. I've seen it suggested before and now that you don't spawn with a weapon it'd be even more useful. Players who haven't found a gun yet can lure other players into a room, tackle them and knock them out. Gives them time to run away or even grab some of the other persons items out of their bag. Could probably even be used as a non lethal way to rob people. It could also function semi the same on single zombies with the exception of being able to kill a single zombie while tackling it and hitting it in the head with a rock. I think the ability to murder using it would have to be limited to just zombies though. Just some food for thought really, I like not spawning with a weapon. A gun in dayz is a dramatic advantage, one that shouldn't be handed to you when you start. Before, you pretty spawned with everything you needed to survive, it seemed like too much. I'd really like to see the stats of how often players starve to death... probably not often.

Just gotta put up with it through these awful stages' date=' it's alpha, remember.

[/quote']

That's why we are complaining, because if everyone just said "Oh, it's an alpha" and carried on, it would never get fixed. It's called harsh feedback.