Sign in to follow this  
Sterling (DayZ)

Proof that bags are too small

250px-500px-WalkingDead-Rem1187.jpg

Was recently watching the first season of The Walking Dead and recalled the scene where Rick (the main character) went back into the city full of zombies with some others in search of his "bag of guns." He said, and I can't exactly remember this word for word, the bag contains six shot guns, two-high powered rifles, over a dozen hand guns, and 700 sorted rounds of ammo for said guns. If Rick can do it, why can't we?

• Like 4

I knew Ricky Grimes, and we Sir, are no Ricky Grimes!

They say objects underwater appear 25% larger then they really are. Its similar with TV fiction, its 1200% more fictitious then PC fiction...and about 3 times less fiction then this post. :P

250px-500px-WalkingDead-Rem1187.jpg

Was recently watching the first season of The Walking Dead and recalled the scene where Rick (the main character) went back into the city full of zombies with some others in search of his "bag of guns." He said, and I can't exactly remember this word for word, the bag contains six shot guns, two-high powered rifles, over a dozen hand guns, and 700 sorted rounds of ammo for said guns. If Rick can do it, why can't we?

Well you try to stuff that kinda stuff into an elementary school backpack.

Guarantee all that won't fit.

And it's like that Chuck Norris stuff too: I bet we can all stop hatchets with our hand, because Chuck Norris can stop a chainsaw with his hand.

The fact that he left it behind kind of goes against what you're saying.

Perhaps I should've elaborated on the story a bit more. He went into the city on horseback with the bag on his back, got over run by zombies, ditched the bag and got into a tank, managed to escape and left it behind. Later he goes back to get it and IS ABLE TO CARRY IT AND HIKE MILES BACK TO CAMP.

It was a duffle bag.

Then maybe they should add "duffle bags" to the game, I'd much rather have one of those.

And it's like that Chuck Norris stuff too: I bet we can all stop hatchets with our hand, because Chuck Norris can stop a chainsaw with his hand.

Then give us duffle bags, or whatever form of bag that will allow us to carry all of these guns.

I know the story, I watched the show.

My point is he couldn't carry a bag full of guns and fight zombies at the same time.

I'd like to see something like a duffle bag that goes in the primary weapon slot for extra storage, allowing you to only use your sidearm.

• Like 4

Sure. I think more bag space is needed. It is annoying to leave weapons lying around and other misc items. However, I think carrying extra weight should also have a negative effect. I think your speed should be slowed down 5-10% when running straight but 25% slowed down when running side to side or backwards.

A coyote backpack is a military grade pack I believe.

The pack was enchanted to be bigger on the inside than on the outside.

Did it also travel through time?

the bags have extra pockets dont they i think more bag room in game is needed

You know, using the Walking Dead as a "proof" isn't very clever... You need to stuff 6 rifles, glock 17's and revolvers plus the ammo in a bag and see much how it weights. A lot.

In the series, he carried a shit ton of weapons and ammo in that one bag and even added the ones he got off the people he killed or found.

Edited by Sutinen

You can't use weight as a defense against larger capacity. How much does an engine, fuel tank, 2 wheels and a windscreen glass weigh?

Edited by creature

I would like to see an encumbrance system with weight for every item and run speed adjusted accordingly, like a slow jog with a full pack and running only for short distances. maybe with a way to quickly drop your pack to run away. I think certain items should stack in your pack (not in quick slots), heat-packs to 10, mags to 5 for instance. Sidearms should not take 5 spaces. I also would like to be able to switch the the axe without dropping or stowing my primary. Vehicle parts are a problem and will never be realistic (lets see you run with 40 liters of fuel on your back). I think the slots they take are fair but should slow you down quite a bit. 2 primarys in a big pack seems realistic enough.

I know the story, I watched the show.

My point is he couldn't carry a bag full of guns and fight zombies at the same time.

I'd like to see something like a duffle bag that goes in the primary weapon slot for extra storage, allowing you to only use your sidearm.

This^

Having something like this would be very helpful. You could have someone carry spare weapons for a squad or just use the bag to store weapons when you go on a weapon search.

go play regular arma and see how many slots the bags have. Also I think you shouldnt be able to put weapons like the M107-AS50 in your backpack

Perhaps I should've elaborated on the story a bit more. He went into the city on horseback with the bag on his back, got over run by zombies, ditched the bag and got into a tank, managed to escape and left it behind. Later he goes back to get it and IS ABLE TO CARRY IT AND HIKE MILES BACK TO CAMP.

Then maybe they should add "duffle bags" to the game, I'd much rather have one of those.

Then give us duffle bags, or whatever form of bag that will allow us to carry all of these guns.

Fine, you can carry a duffle bag, but it takes both hands. hah, how's that trade-off?

I have nothing against the idea, but duffle bags should slow your character down an only allow jogging over a very short distance. I could add an interesting dynamic as you would have to take a risk when moving a lot of stuff on foot.

Filson-Large-Duffle-Bag-2.jpg

Edited by Leto

I think the bags are large enough. After all, you can put in whole helicopter rotors, tires, several full jerrycans and stuff...

Greedy lil pigs. Oh, whaaaa, I can't carry every little single spec of dirt I find throughout my travels. Choices...you can take this or you can take that. Pick one and deal with the choice you made.

You can instantly see what kind of game you want to be playing, so why are you playing this one?

• Like 2

Indeed.

DayZ has one of the more realistic inventory loading limits I've seen. Obviously, vehicle spares being a necessary exception.

I bet most here couldn't run around the block wearing a loaded tacvest, thigh holster + subloads AND a 40 kilo ruck. But, we expect our DayZ character to run halfway across the map loaded this way on a tin of sardines and a bottle of pond water..

• Like 2