lvg

[GUIDE - STEAM] To those spawning invisible / No Debug + Errors / Beta Update

Then you're not starting as combined ops

Does it require that I have the normal Arma 2 installed? OA is already installed, but Arma 2 is still installing.

Ok haha. Now I feel like an idiot. I've got everything set up correctly, except for the simplest part: the actual game itself. :P

Does the beta patch work when your steam folder is not placed in the "C" harddisk? my C is a SSD therefore i swap games over to another drive and was wondering if the patch can figure it out itself? or is there a way to do so?

I tried for good measure to put inside the Arma : OA folder before running it

annnnd.. does anyone know how long it estimated takes to install? it has been installing for 2 hours now :O

Yea it does work, i have Arma 2 OA on my C drive which is a SSD and Arma 2 on a plain 2TB drive

The way you get it to work is with a system link, which you can read about here it's really easy

My internet isn't the fastest when it comes to downloads. This is the 4th day of downloading, and Arma 2 is almost done. OA got done today.

Do you not just leave it on over night? on our servers arma 2 and OA installed in about 15 minutes downloaded at like 75MB a second, how i wish it wads my home internet

I'm downloading Arma 2 right now at a solid 45 kb/s. My internet isn't good when it comes to downloads at all. And I do leave it on overnight.

I'm not on dialup. Bellsouth DSL. The "official" name is "Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet". Not sure how fast it's supposed to be, but it really sucks. I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow and seeing exactly how fast that whatever internet package I have is supposed to be.

yeah, if you're only getting 45kb/s, I'd say there is something wrong with your phone lines man. I would call and have a technician come out to take a look. But don't let them BS ya, because there is definitely something wrong there buddy.

Yeah, I plan on calling tomorrow. This really isn't the kind of connection I want to pay for.

Hey I was having the ghost problem all of a sudden and i followed the steam tutorial here to the T, but i still spawn in the debug zone... but i no longer look like a bandit and i can now harvest meat and things..... any way to fix the spawn zone?

Hey I was having the ghost problem all of a sudden and i followed the steam tutorial here to the T' date=' but i still spawn in the debug zone... but i no longer look like a bandit and i can now harvest meat and things..... any way to fix the spawn zone?

[/quote']

There are a few threads saying you can hop servers, or run south east for like and hour, ultimately it's usually respawn though to fix

I followed LVG's post to the letter. I'm getting this problem which I recorded.

Just wanted Steam overlay since I couldn't actually get it launch properly w/ DayZ mod. After installing beta patch I can't launch Combined Ops anymore from Steam as shown in video. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled. lol No avail. have to Six Launcher or ArmA2 Launcher now. womp womp. :(

Anyone have that problem at all?

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but my action menu seems to have gone missing. This is a really big problem for me as, well, I can't open loot anything. Is this related to the "bin config.bin/cfgweapons" error I get?

Just wanted Steam overlay since I couldn't actually get it launch properly w/ DayZ mod. After installing beta patch I can't launch Combined Ops anymore from Steam as shown in video. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled. lol No avail. have to Six Launcher or ArmA2 Launcher now. womp womp. :(

Run steam as administrator right click arma II > properties > local files > verify ingetrity of game cache launch arma to then do the same for OA see if that works.

I'm not sure if this is relevant' date=' but my action menu seems to have gone missing. This is a really big problem for me as, well, I can't open loot anything. Is this related to the "bin config.bin/cfgweapons" error I get?

[/quote']

The weapons error is common to all players, the loot bug happens sometimes but is usually brought back after shift and tabbing

i cant get the beta to update after the first time i did it? do i have to move the file every time?

i cant get the beta to update after the first time i did it? do i have to move the file every time?

If you already have a beta installed you will need to completely delete the beta folder and the arma2oa.exe and install the newer version and copy and paste the arma2oa.exe from the new beta folder to the root directory again.

ty for the quick response. u have no idea how much this thread has helped me. u are awesome

No problem you can send your moneys to 123 lvg street pl0x

Run steam as administrator right click arma II > properties > local files > verify ingetrity of game cache launch arma to then do the same for OA see if that works.

Same result, unfortunately.