lvg

[GUIDE - STEAM] To those spawning invisible / No Debug + Errors / Beta Update

Hello, I followed the instructions provided and it worked. But here's the catch; I can't see any trees, buildings, grass, etc. Before I came to this thread I had been having framerate issues but I could see the buildings and trees, just not myself. Any advice? I can give a screenshot if needed.

Alfredo -

When the game gets to the "Main Menu" screen it should list the mods that are installed over at the right top, under the ARMA II logo. Mine looks like:

arma II

@dayz

beta

Expansion

Until all of those showed up, I was having all the problems that have been discussed. If you are missing one of those, then I believe something is wrong with the shortcut or command file you are using to run the game.

My command file adds mods of:

-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

The beta patch added most all of that and I had to add the "@dayz"

Yes LVG I used Sixupdater to install dayz... Should I try to reinstall ArmA and follow these instructions?

Edit: I reinstalled ArmA and followed your post. It seems to work, but now there's another problem. When I join a server, it gets stuck on a screen with just 'loading'

Hello' date=' I followed the instructions provided and it worked. But here's the catch; I can't see any trees, buildings, grass, etc. Before I came to this thread I had been having framerate issues but I could see the buildings and trees, just not myself. Any advice? I can give a screenshot if needed.

[/quote']

You're in the debug forest, this solution seems to fix it for people

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13497&highlight=debug+field

Yes LVG I used Sixupdater to install dayz... Should I try to reinstall ArmA and follow these instructions?

Edit: I reinstalled ArmA and followed your post. It seems to work' date=' but now there's another problem. When I join a server, it gets stuck on a screen with just 'loading'

[/quote']

Try right clicking Arma 2 : OA > Reinstall battleye

Done that, now it comes up with the Error creating graphical engine. I also tried the integrity check, and still the same thing.

Also when I try to run OA (not CO) it first comes up with the buildingparts error, then graphical error.

Then you either haven't set the launch options, or haven't correctly replaced the EXE, and you must run as CO.

Well for the launch options I put

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

With the EXE I renamed the ArmA2OA in the directory and then copied the one from extensions/beta into the directory. Also I am running as CO.

EDIT: I tried something and it seemed to work. I got rid of the launch option above and I just put the normal one for running dayz. It works, but now when I try to join a server it says I have the wrong version? But I got the dayz files from the latest torrent...

Can you go into your operation arrowhead folder and right click Arma2OA > Details and where it says product version type it here

Then you haven't replaced the original file with the beta like i said

Well, I did replace the file like you said. But it doesn't matter now, I managed to get it working.

Thanks for the help

How exactly? you still had the default Arma2OA not the beta

I'll be adding a visual guide, to try and explain it better.

I can't see how I had the default Arma2OA. I replaced it with the one from the beta folder. But after it didn't work I installed SixLauncher and after it did whatever I opened a server from the launcher and it worked.

Hi LVG. Thanks for the support.

I have followed all the steps in your OP, but when i launch combined operations in steam I get the error message "Arma2oa.exe has stopped working."

The version of my arma2oa.exe in the Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead folder is 1.60.0.94364

I have added the -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz line to arma2oa launch options in Steam.

The game (and dayz) works perfectly if I use Sixlauncher or just start the _runA2CO_beta.cmd file.

I just want that sweet Steam overlay and gametime logging :)

Shut down steam then run as admin

Right click arma 2 OA > local files > verify ingetrity of game cache

Ok. Did as you told me. Now I get the "Error creating Direct3D 9 graphical enigine".

At least a new error message! haha!

EDIT: It seems Steam downloaded the non-beta arma2oa.exe and put it in my main arma2 oa directory, overwriting the beta exe when it verified the game cache.

So then I quit Steam -> Overwrite with beta arma2oa.exe again -> launch steam as admin -> launch combined operations -> "The program has stopped working". Back to square one, lol.

Can you launch arrowhead on it's own?

Just tried launching only arrowhead. "The program has stopped working" error again.

Your guide has fixed my direct 9 error. Thank you so much!

Well, I COMPLETELY uninstalled my game after 4-5 attempts at your guide failed.

So I redownloaded and reinstalled the game a few hours ago. And yet, after having followed your guide EXACTLY, I still get these errors when I launch the game through steam in the combined modus:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541805688038313869/EC5397D80E53333E6D70FFCE239045657F0279D6/

and this error follows afterwards

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541805688038315773/FF4B2383C4145888EE5289156E328FDAF20237D5/

Then when I get on the game and try to join a game in multiplayer, before I even enter the server I get the message that I was kicked off....

Are you using arma 2 free?

Why are your menus green? are you sure you're launching arma 2 : combined operations