griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

What about other devs? why no information? rocket is tired, have no time to write info, but he isnt alone :o

i suspect they cant talk about the game yet, but why?

could they at least explain us that they cant talk about it? :(

its like they all ignore us, and i begin to hate this behavior, why no one talk about the sa? why no explanation on this forum since december ?

they just dont care about all of us in this forum? :( is that how Bohemia work with his community, they just dont give a fuck about us :(

game could be release tomorrow, or in the end of years, they just want money, and they will have, but still they dont care about us RIGHT? :o

:(

*Please, Add somes more whine here*

December was a dead month for SA ... Only rumors and no news, I hope we have something for this month of January as the actual release of the game to justify this morbid silence.

You got an update 12 days ago and now you're all busy shitting bricks in your rustled jimmies, because clearly Rocket's abandoned his ideals, since he isn't spitting out tweets about his Christmas dinner and publicising a full report about who on this small team is responsible for cheating us of our game. Personally I think it could be Matt who fucked it up, who ruined our collective Christmas, but it could also be the forum moderators, who I know for a fact are trying to get us all global banned, so the big corporation, we know and fear as Bohemia Interactive(owned by the Military Industrial Complex/Apple) can take all our hard earned money and reinvesting it in war and iPhone sweatshops. Obviously Rocket's totally sold out by staying with Bohemia Interactive, who's supported him all the way, instead of taking a fat paycheck from goodhearted industry giants, as some kind of middle manager rubber stamping his name on mainstream products.

*breathes*

It's also clear to anyone with a minimum set of intelligence, that there's something very suspicious about someone who's been working his ass off in Europe for the last year, taking a couple of weeks off to see his family in New Zealand. Any real dedicated developer, dedicate to his always patient and ever supportive fans, who never blows shit out of proportion, would not only have kept the deadline to matter what, he's also have dressed up as Santa and personally delivered a copy wrapped in paper under each of his loyal fans' tree Christmas eve, not because he wants to be a nice guy or because we deserve it, but because we're actually legally entitled to as paying consumers.

*breathes*

I lost my train of thought.

• Like 2

but it could also be the forum moderators, who I know for a fact are trying to get us all global banned

wat

That is so totally not true, what are you thinking?

This is Fraggle's fault, the snitching bastard

If things did not go to plan, then you make announcement why, and what's next. Yeah dead simple.

Ok for everyone else like this guy who just doesn't get it. Arma 2 Is selling like crazy during the current steam sale. Do you really think BI studios is going to let rocket release or even talk about when standalone will come out when they are making a fortune with arma off his current dayz mod? ROCKET IS NOT ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING..... It's actually fairly obvious. Just wait I'm sure he is doing all he can.

Edited by Citrus

speculations, speculations everywhere...

Ok for everyone else like this guy who just doesn't get it. Arma 2 Is selling like crazy during the current steam sale. Do you really think BI studios is going to let rocket release or even talk about when standalone will come out when they are making a fortune with arma off his current dayz mod? ROCKET IS NOT ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING..... It's actually fairly obvious. Just wait I'm sure he is doing all he can.

I know reading comprehension is tough for some people like you, but this is exactly what i've said here: http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1089157

And your previous post is 100% different from what you have said now:

The point still stands, he stated what may happen if things did not go to plan, Things did not go to plan! Dead simple!

So basically you're trying to say i dont get it, and in the same time you agree with what i've said - interesting, maybe try harder.

Edited by k3lt

Yes I actually think BI studios will allow Rocket to do almost everything, but releasing an unfinished product.

Yes I actually think BI studios will allow Rocket to do almost everything, but releasing an unfinished product.

http://en.wikipedia....ease_life_cycle

Do you even know what pre-alpha is? And do you know that we are actually waiting for pre-alpha version, not finished product which is meant to be unfinished/bugged right?

Geez, where are you people coming from? I guess you're new to the internets or smth?

Also since when BI can hold Rocket's project, which is supposedly independant developer?

Since when BI has right to affect / stop DayZ development process and block any communication from it's developers?

Do you even have idea what are you talking about?

Edited by k3lt

I know reading comprehension is tough for some people like you, but this is exactly what i've said here: http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1089157

And your previous post is 100% different from what you have said now:

So basically you're trying to say i dont get it, and in the same time you agree with what i've said - interesting, maybe try harder.

Lol gotta love the Internet, first off I'm so sorry I didn't read your backlog of rage posts and I obviously don't realize how important you are my apologies. Secondly I said he can't say anything you said he can. You also said he can't .... Odd understand contradictions? Anyway the difference between what I said and your two opposing points of nonsense are that I think He didn't know what he was getting in too when he signed a contract with BI and he has reverberated that concern. So if you hate BI and rocket so much why not go play something you like or troll some other forum.... why are you here?

So if you hate BI and rocket so much why not go play something you like or troll some other forum.... why are you here?

Because i dont give shit about BI or Rocket, i'm here for DayZ.

Simple as that.

I have never seen that kind of unprofessional handling of communication with such a massive community / game release, it's actually getting worse than WarZ crap.

And please, just dont start the "rocket's stress / christmas crap" , he is not in North Korean work camp. He is working on a game that will yield him more cash than you will ever see in your entire life.

Till he was releasing proper information about progress and what not everyone was happy and supportive, but what he is doing now is just not acceptable.

If you dont see that then i feel sorry for you.

Bite me.

Edited by k3lt
  • Like 2

Because i dont give shit about BI or Rocket, i'm here for DayZ.

Simple as that.

I have never seen that kind of unprofessional handling of communication with such a massive community / game release, it's actually getting worse than WarZ crap.

And please, just dont start the "rocket's stress / christmas crap" , he is not in North Korean work camp. He is working on a game that will yield him more cash than you will ever see in your entire life.

Till he was releasing proper information about progress and what not everyone was happy and supportive, but what he is doing now is just not acceptable.

If you dont see that i feel sorry for you.

Aouch..that hurts.Quite true,but..aouch

Edited by VldZ

http://en.wikipedia....ease_life_cycle

Do you even know what pre-alpha is? And do you know that we are actually waiting for pre-alpha version, not finished product which is meant to be unfinished/bugged right?

Geez, where are you people coming from? I guess you're new to the internets or smth?

Probably since WarZ released their major clusterfuck, the perception on what you can and should release on Steam might have changed substantially.

Also since when BI can hold Rocket's project, which is supposedly independant developer?

Since when BI has right to affect / stop DayZ development process and block any communication from it's developers?

Probably since Rocket and BI made a deal about the Standalone and BI hired him as lead designer.

Rocket probably has close to full creative control in his contract or they reached an agreement about their common vision, at least he hinted at that in his December 20th post: "Marek (CEO) and me both want the same thing, DayZ to live up to its potential." However that wasn't really the point I was making. Anyways if you're assuming Rocket is completely independent, then where no need to assume big corp Bohemia Interactive is holding the standalone back to force more sales of ArmA 2.

Do you even have idea what are you talking about?

As oppose to you right?

Edited by Dallas

Probably since WarZ released their major clusterfuck, the perception on what you can and should release on Steam might have changed substantially.

Probably since Rocket and BI made a deal about the Standalone and BI hired him as lead designer.

Oooooooooo i get it now!.. Oh wait.

You know jack shit because DayZ devs cant spend 1min to write an announcement and we are going back to the point of outstanding communication skills from BI / Rocket itself.

Hilarious.

Edited by k3lt
  • Like 3

Bite me.

Don't get personal.

• Like 1

I'll hop on the whinewagon when it's the end of January and we haven't heard anything.

don't worry, I saved you a seat on the whinewagon :)

I agree with k3lt but trolling does not put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Nobody cares, just staph and fap for a second.

Alright guys, everybody is entitled to their opinion, that's true, but you should also show some god damn respect. Like what the hell is wrong with you guys? YOU didn't pay for DayZ, Rocket and the team don't owe you anything. So yeah you might of bought ArmA 2 and made Bohemia a lot of money. Rocket didn't think this project would be this big, but he gave you people a free and awesome mod, and made it work, now he's undergoing some stress, and you guys bitch at him so much it's disgraceful. Different people have different ways of dealing with things, so even if you think you would tough it out and rush a release, that's fine for you. But stop your complaining and be respectful, yeah it's good to give constructive criticism, but when it gets to the stuff on this thread there has to be a line. Don't tell me "oh it's the internet get over it" because if you use that excuse you're just like the rest of the low lifes who want to insult people with no consequences.

:beans: Happy New Year. :beans:

Edited by Shepardx
  • Like 1

Oooooooooo i get it now!.. Oh wait.

You know jack shit because DayZ devs cant spend 1min to write an announcement and we are going back to the point of outstanding communication skills from BI / Rocket itself.

Hilarious.

Instead of replying, you simply dismissed it with a snarky comment.

Rocket and Bohemia Interactive stoke a deal in Aaugust, making Rocket the project lead and BI the developer/producer. The CEO of Bohemia Interactive, which I just referred to above and you ignored, is actually helping out in development of DayZ and it's reiteration of the Real Virtuality engine. As he's been helping out, pushing out patches for ArmA 2 to address DayZ's growing needs thought out last fall and summer. Maybe you barely missed this, joining up late August or maybe you're just missing out the big picture in general.

See we're not on a level playing field here, because you get to make shit up freely, while my shit is at least somewhat connected to what's actually been said on the subject. Maybe if you weren't so busy completely missing all the available information, you wouldn't need to constantly ask for updates.

OK Sir.

Wait what update, you mean that 1 posted on Reddit about Rocket's mental state?

You trolling?

http://weknowmemes.c...12/01/dafuq.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

"Standalone is going just fine"

"If only half the people buy the game because I've been super quiet then so be it"

"we want to make this the best it can be"

"That is all we care about now"

"Everything else is secondary, release date, profit - the lot."

"Marek (CEO) and me both want the same thing, DayZ to live up to its potential."

Edited by Dallas

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

"Standalone is going just fine"

"If only half the people buy the game because I've been super quiet then so be it"

"we want to make this the best it can be"

"That is all we care about now"

"Everything else is secondary, release date, profit - the lot."

"Marek (CEO) and me both want the same thing, DayZ to live up to its potential."

Yeah general bullshit which you can write about any game, in any state of development containing nothing new what people already knew posted on unofficial DayZ website.

That's all?

About the bolded quote, if it's going just fine then where is the december release he mentioned gazillion times in different Q&A and interviews, this 1 point make it obsolete.

CBA to find the exact quote now, but he said something like "December release is not what we aim for, it just has to be released in December no matter what".

In this one to be exact:

Edited by k3lt

Why ask for updates, if you dismiss the updates as bullshit?

I keep offering you whatever little substance on the subject, while you make up shit. We both know I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just offering actually information to everyone else, as an alternative to your made up baseless assumptions.

C'mon hit me with another link to wikipedia or an image macro.

[Edit] The full quote was "Standalone is going just fine, I need to be a bit more careful about what I say so it's less of a crisis situation."

Also when Rocket stood there at Eurogamer Expo, he might not have known the full consequences about the two BI/DayZ developers' detainment in Greece. I don't think many expected them to be held without trial for 115 days and counting. A lot has changed since that video, please don't ask me to do all the reading for you. The standalone was announced early August, everything seemed to go according to plan at the end of September, but in the coming months, Rocket openly began discussing the possibility that his initial ambition could not be met.

Edited by Dallas

Shepardx, i know what you are saying, but this is an endless battle. Its like politics where there are 2 sides of radicals (Im not going deep into that topic). Anyways my point is that, what ever we talk about here, there always will be people who think:

A)Scumbags, they should tell us more info.

B)Let them work with their project, its better for the future.

You see the pattern of radicals here? Ofcourse there are neutral personalities who just dont give a fck about the sides. But yeah my point is....

"Endless Battle" - Begin!