griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Good for you if you only get a few days off in the year, so what? some people actually have 2 weeks of at Christmas, not a few days here there and everywhere

I honestly hardly know anyone that has more than a few days off around Christmas, apart from people still going to school.

That said I must say I'm hugely disappointed in the DayZ dev team and Rocket in particulair for their lack of communication. I'm sort of OK with them not making their deadline which they've stated as a MUST multiple times, but this dev team honestly has the worst communication with their community that I've seen in the gaming industry lately.

Moreover why does Rocket (or any dev for that matter) never spent any time on his own forum? All he has said publicly lately were some incredibly unproffesional posts on another website (Reddit).

• Like 6

It will most probably be the same, cant be to sure though. Your specs are fine and should JUST work. If anything you might need to lower the graphic settings.

What does lowering the graphics settings do? and which aspect of my pc is the bit dragging it down, so in other words if icould improve 1 area e.g. graphics card what would it be to make it run as good as possible

card and processor are pretty shitty

and 4.1 gb of ram?!

Edited by Dankine

what an idiotic comment, completely ignoring the tumblr posts.

they stated it was a goal, not a deadline.

want to misunderstand anything else?

• Like 2

Mate I have had the MOD since it began, if your talking to me. See who knows you cant even Quote someone. Love it, bought our group into it, 30 Plus were Playing. how about You ? We even Advertise it on the Front page of our Website. You ?

WILL make it simple for you ITS a Business that will make you 50 MILL Plus, you cant make the Deadline some person in your Company stated, but Nobody can make a Media Statement why you haven't achieved this Deadline. Don't care about the deadline being Missed, WE want the Best game possible when it's ready. Have the Decency as a Company to talk to these people, cause right now if Rocket is the Spokesperson, it's a fcking Shambles. Address my Points directly if you like, dont be ambiguous .

Played the Mod all night for your info , once again

I have had the mod from june, I have also brought it to the attention of a lot of players, who play often. I don't have a web page, if i did it would be there no worries. whats your point?

I don't think Bohemia have anything to worry about with regards to DayZ Standalone do you? If I was in a position to miss a given date I would expect the fans to be less childish about it and be patient. but that's me.

Check my profile, my age is there.

I don't care about the rest of the worlds holidays, I was mentioning it in relation to rockets holiday and the need to let them (inc Bohemia) enjoy it. As stated the new year seems as good as any to start giving us updates and news to the masses.

There was news, just in case you missed it.

Rocket:

DayZ has not been delayed, but it may be pushed back if development doesn't proceed to Hall's satisfaction. "We haven't announced a delay yet," he said. "We're just saying, if it comes down to it, we will slip the date no matter what effect it would have on sales - rather than ship something we believe is not ready as a first step. We're also trying to be honest about the uncertainty over the impact of these major architectural changes. Initially, this was just going to be 'mod on steroid'. This is now really a refurbishment of the engine specifically to suit DayZ."

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/30/dayz-creator-on-games-delay-console-ports-and-why-hes-holdi/

Old news but hey, you hold out for something more official.

BTW, my presents are ace, got some good ones this year and they deserve playing with.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

Happy New Year to Rocket and the entire DayZ Development Team! Hope all the DayZ community get an update in January and a amazing SA!

Edit: Where does He live? What beautiful fireworks on Auckland!

Edited by zombie123
  • Like 3

what an idiotic comment, completely ignoring the tumblr posts.

they stated it was a goal, not a deadline.

want to misunderstand anything else?

There is only a handful of posts on Tumblr. None of them contain anything major; two with a few screenshots and one with some actual info but nothing that hasn't already been mentioned by him before he posted it.

No, 'deadline' and 'must' are not my words, they're his.

I think Rocket gets overanxious with DayZ at times, it's pretty evident this past year.

Dogs, Graphical Glitches, Announcing announcements, 'Having' to release DayZ Standalone this year.

Guy needs a Masseuse.

Edited by Drunk Guy
  • Like 1

"personal goal" or not, once you share that date with the world, it becomes something else. especially when you keep doubling down on it

• Like 3

I don't know about that. Wasn't rocket in the military and had plans to climb a mountain this spring? I imagine a guy like that could probably handle a little mental and physical stress. But I can tell you what I think could be getting his blood pressure up. It would probably be those unoriginal fuckheads that blatantly steal from him every chance they get and all their other puppet bullshit they pull. Their most recent attempt to ride DayZ's coattails backfired in their faces and I think rocket and co had enough foresight to see what was coming this month and stepped back and let those assholes slip on their own turd.

Or not. I just know those generic brand fuckers piss me off and I'm just some random guy. I've also seen that "rocket has high blood pressure because of the game" line posted a handful of times on reddit, though usually followed by "he got kicked out of the military too", and just wanted to piss on it.

I'm sure the WarZ debacle has plenty to do with Rocket suffering from undue stress. After the reaction that the game got I'm sure it forced him to rethink many aspects of the SA, from release strategy to the game content etc.

I don't think it's fair to say that you think he could handle a little stress. I don't care what anyone says, having millions of people desperate for the game to be what they want, whilst at the same time haranguing you for info and hanging on your every word......stress.

• Like 2

I like how everybody is bitching about a deadline while it was only a goal, something he WOULD like to acomplish. I'm not even going to discuss with those ignorant people lol.

• Like 1

I like how everybody is bitching about a deadline while it was only a goal, something he WOULD like to acomplish. I'm not even going to discuss with those ignorant people lol.

"personal goal" or not, once you share that date with the world, it becomes something else. especially when you keep doubling down on. Anyways, I hope it comes out tomorrow, January 1st 2013.

I would like to hook up with a girl on the eve of 31st dec/1st Jan. But, it's my personal goal so, if i fail I'll be quite happy to succeed at a later date. Don't hate me if i miss my target.

Most of all wish me luck.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

"personal goal" or not, once you share that date with the world, it becomes something else. especially when you keep doubling down on. Anyways, I hope it comes out tomorrow, January 1st 2013.

Oh, get over yourself. You've got the DayZ mod to play, in its many incarnations, while you wait. The standalone was a happy accident that came about because the Mod was so popular. It was never the dev team's intention to have a full game out of this - now we've got one coming, just be happy and learn to have a little patience. As you've gotten older you should have realised that the "but you said it" argument doesn't go anywhere.

I'd rather see the standalone take a year to come out and be worth it than have it rushed to market with bugs, glitches and unfinished features.

• Like 1

I would like to hook up with a girl on the eve of 31st dec/1st Jan. But, it's my personal goal so, if i fail I'll be quite happy to succeed at a later date. Don't hate me if i miss my target.

Most of all wish me luck.

Rgds

LoK

your 42 dude....trying to hook up with a girl? your a bit old for that, no?

It will come when it's ready and we can all look back on this thread and laugh at how silly we all are.

Orlok, You go m8, Damn anyone who thinks otherwise.

And I would like to wish everyone (Even Apache) a happy and nice new year.! :thumbsup:

Like I said, all this ffs dont rush it stuff.

They could easily just release a build for the standalone whenever as long as they have a built in update system to the standalone. then it can be out now and they can continue to update it.

I just reckon there's some serious issues over there that extends rocket having some heart burn.

your 42 dude....trying to hook up with a girl? your a bit old for that, no?

I once read about a 87 year old woman who hooked up with a man, after being alone for a while. love is timeless my friend

^^WTF since when did Rocket say he'd push out the standalone, no matter what? I think WarZ has forced DayZ to make perfectly sure, that when they release on Steam, that they don't get their build pulled within 24 hours too.

He went from getting back into the industry with a limited contract with Bohemia Interactive and when his small off-time mod took off virally and allowed him to create his own leading position at BI. Keeping up with the raging demands of an ever expanding server infrastructure, massive and ever increasing overload on the hive, throwing out content patches at a very high pace. Then transforming this into a standalone title, rewriting the engine, coordinating animators, modelers and designers. Anyone who have followed development has to have witnessed how Rocket worked around the clock around the major patch releases and wondered when he'd get a minimum 4 hours of sleep.

I think the very best he can do is accept that his time schedule was ambitious and reorganize. By allowing the community to take care of the mod, the mod is truly in good hands and the raging demand for an imminent release of the Standalone has faded. Anyone with a craving for DayZ can join a private whitelisted server and fully enjoy the greatness of the mod, with virtually no interference from the hackers, who attempted to bring the mod to it's knees.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

I have been reading the forums for some time but decided it is about time to start discussing.

First, I believe there is a huge difference between those who actually still did or do expect a 2012 game. And those who are disasspointed in the lack of communication from the company.

If you look at many of the posts in the latter part of the topic you will notice many are much more worried about the lack of communication. You may think. "Oh those needy greedy impatient folks just need to find another game for awhile" However, That is not the case nor a good thing to suggest. There has been many many projects over the years which have started down the path of no communication to abandonment or outright cancellation. Developers considered the greatest in their line of work vanishing with barely a word later.

I personally do not expect SA quickly. Development takes time and I understand that fully. The issue is fully in the aspect that a company deciding to cut all communication on a project is a bad thing.

All that needed to be said was this.

"We apologize but we feel that spending additional time developing will lead to a better testing experience for our customers later. We look forward to showing more next month! Happy Holidays!"

Would that lead to dissaspointment? Yes but almost everyone can understand in light of the WarZ fiasco that the need for a zombie game to have less bugs.

• Like 3

I see the rushed-game strawmen being pulled out

we just want information

The reasons for any slippage would be publicly discussed...