griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Hello.

So I just started recently, and as I am sure many noticed and know already, the hacking in this game is pretty bad.

The hacks I am seeing being used so far is pretty extreme and game breaking for most, Hackers instant killing people, having invincibility, Porting people to a set local and what not.

There will always be hackers in game yes, I can deal with Wallhackers / Aimbots, but hacks like what I have been seeing so far, is a bit too much for a game.

Any knowledge if stuff like this will not be in the Standalone? I'm talking the instant server kills / teleport all players and the bulletproof people

The game is very fun, met a few people and am really enoying it, but whenever a hacker goes on a rampage and f***s with the entire server .. makes it very depressing

If you take the time to go through the Forum you will find the answer to your fears.

No need to start a Topic.

Your question is : Question on Hackers, and the StandAlone (Topic Title).

Hello.

So I just started recently, and as I am sure many noticed and know already, the hacking in this game is pretty bad.

The hacks I am seeing being used so far is pretty extreme and game breaking for most, Hackers instant killing people, having invincibility, Porting people to a set local and what not.

There will always be hackers in game yes, I can deal with Wallhackers / Aimbots, but hacks like what I have been seeing so far, is a bit too much for a game.

Any knowledge if stuff like this will not be in the Standalone? I'm talking the instant server kills / teleport all players and the bulletproof people

The game is very fun, met a few people and am really enoying it, but whenever a hacker goes on a rampage and f***s with the entire server .. makes it very depressing

For now you should be playiing on white listed servers to be honest, I have not seen a hacker in months.

Stand alone will be VAC secure and also the DEVS doing more behind the scene to cut down/stop the hacking for the stand along, they have said on a number of occasions it is high priority.

How to recognize I am medic like - add possible loot helmet sanitary skin (red cross, white background), also the bag colored to red/white ?

It would be good if it was possible to medical arm bands or possible to have different colours of material you can wrap round your arm, mainly so groups can recognize themselves.

It would be good if it was possible to medical arm bands or possible to have different colours of material you can wrap round your arm, mainly so groups can recognize themselves.

Although the idea is nice, how would one become a 'medic'? If it's just a playstyle than both helpful players and medics would both be using the hero skin, so what seperates them? Not to mention if they added some kind of a medical 'humanity' to the game then there is a large chance that heroes would earn the medic skin as well.

I think there are too many variables to add a skin like that. Not to mention just because you're out to do good things doesn't mean the people shooting at you are. I don't think it would change much.

Just hope they remember....and keep in mind

Once the player feels as strong or stronger then the horror threat/Infected then the game becomes an action game and not a survival Horror game.

See Resident Evil series as an example, Resident Evil 1 was scary and survival horror and now we have Resident Evil 5/6 that's more of an action game with zombies.

Just hope they remember....and keep in mind

Once the player feels as strong or stronger then the horror threat/Infected then the game becomes an action game and not a survival Horror game.

See Resident Evil series as an example, Resident Evil 1 was scary and survival horror and now we have Resident Evil 5/6 that's more of an action game with zombies.

Rocket has said probably a hundred times now that he intends on keeping the player threat as the main aggressor of DayZ, and that will not change. They may streamline the zombies and make them more of a threat but the position still stands that the players will be the main threat.

I just hope they get crazy with the new zombies. If zombies are getting from 5 segments to one segment, that means you could have 250 zombies instead of 50, right? Maybe 150 in capitals would be good.. Still better optimized than earlier.

This closed test is actually mainly for stress testing the new server archetecture rather than giving feedback on game features, that stuff will be taken care of post-release in updates. I'll post it in the Suggestions sub-forum if it hasn't been added though. ^_^

Thank you mZLY for trying to clear this up for people

People the closed alpha is only testing the system stability not features "Like FPS/LAG with 200 players online", "Any server crashing because of this" and so on...

it is not about finding bugs with little things, This means if rocket posts something like "Today I load up DayZ Standalone. FPS is stable... world looks good... zombies chasing me indoors... #lifeIsGood"

This is a VERY good sign the build is stable, so stable they intend to "STRESS" test is just in-case there's problems with stability with larger numbers

if not then SA will be public in no time, next month easy

^ That's why people need to stop calling it an alpha, and start calling it what it is... a tech test. Just seeing if things can run. Alpha means the game is instable but the lead purpose is to add features and change functions. This is simply to see if the game is stable enough and functional enough to BE an alpha. It's what we'd call pre-alpha work. That being said though, As Ovation said if all goes well we should be seeing SA alpha next month for sure.

TBH the terms alpha or beta don't really apply at this point in the traditional sense due to the unconventional way the DayZ has come about. That's why Rocket wanted to call the release "foundation". Unfortunately Sergey and his goons immediatetly stole that term and used it for their Steam release. We all know what happened there, now people won't trust the term "Foundation" so we have to resort to more traditional terms even though strictly they don't really apply to DayZ at this point in development.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

^ That's why people need to stop calling it an alpha, and start calling it what it is... a tech test. Just seeing if things can run. Alpha means the game is instable but the lead purpose is to add features and change functions. This is simply to see if the game is stable enough and functional enough to BE an alpha. It's what we'd call pre-alpha work. That being said though, As Ovation said if all goes well we should be seeing SA alpha next month for sure.

It goes like this:Pre-production>Alpha>Beta>Gold>post development.

Initially, early Alpha isn't meant to be stable per se. It isn't until somewhere around mid-late Alpha there's some reasonable stability. Making sure that the game is more stable than Action 52 before being released is okay.

That's why Rocket wanted to call the release "foundation".

Yeah...Even I think that's kind of dodgy.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

TBH the terms alpha or beta don't really apply at this point in the traditional sense due to the unconventional way the DayZ has come about. That's why Rocket wanted to call the release "foundation". Unfortunately Sergey and his goons immediatetly stole that term and used it for their Steam release. We all know what happened there, now people won't trust the term "Foundation" so we have to resort to more traditional terms even though strictly they don't really apply to DayZ at this point in development.

To follow this point I would look at the positives from the War Zzzz experience, a lot can be learned from their mistakes (not that it was needed) ......and maybe that's about all.

I asked the question "are we allowed to reveal if we access to the closed technical testing for the DayZ standalone?" yesterday and I was pretty much given the answer "No" by a mod on.

Anyway, I just asked Dean about it, and he said yes you can reveal it, just don't gloat about it. You're also allowed to stream if you want, or you can upload video's if you want. There are effectively no restrictions on what you tell and/or show people.

where do we apply to get into standalone beta? i would like to try to get into future waves.

I have tried to follow this standalone as much as possible but with work and playing a lot of dayz on my free time it gets kind of hard. So i have a few questions if anyone has the patience to answer, and the knowledge i guess.

Will it be running on the same engine as Arma? I guess that is a almost cert as BI are the publishers, but Arma 2 or 3's engine? Also any news on any changes to the interface or mechanics? Like respawning? And is there a site or publication that has compiled what we know so far? Be good to have a look and see what i have missed.

Edit : Also if any of these have been answered or been started anywhere apologies. Have not looked through this thread.

Edited by martinusn

I asked the question "are we allowed to reveal if we access to the closed technical testing for the DayZ standalone?" yesterday and I was pretty much given the answer "No" by a mod on.

Anyway, I just asked Dean about it, and he said yes you can reveal it, just don't gloat about it. You're also allowed to stream if you want, or you can upload video's if you want. There are effectively no restrictions on what you tell and/or show people.

Can you post proof of the answers from your conversation? Not to question your information but people would be putting a lot on the line posting videos and streaming just to find out you can't do it =(

Yeah from what i heard there is no video restriction

some mods think its stream only, but its also upload, because it's just silly, People will record the streams and upload anyway

Edited by Ovation

Can you post proof of the answers from your conversation? Not to question your information but people would be putting a lot on the line posting videos and streaming just to find out you can't do it =(

Why would I record a conversation with someone I was having?

I've talked to orlok about this, and there will be official confirmation on the subject soon enough. I'll give you a heads up and say that it's what I posted earlier. I got the exact same answer when I talked to Matt last night.

Dean has already said streaming will be allowed, I see no reason why uploads wouldn't be allowed when streaming is, that would make no sense.

Edited by smasht_AU

Why would I record a conversation with someone I was having?

I've talked to orlok about this, and there will be official confirmation on the subject soon enough. I'll give you a heads up and say that it's what I posted earlier. I got the exact same answer when I talked to Matt last night.

I thought it was a chat. Sorry

Dean has already said streaming will be allowed, I see no reason why uploads wouldn't be allowed when streaming is, that would make no sense.

I only read about that this morning.

Edited by Cdrive

I have tried to follow this standalone as much as possible but with work and playing a lot of dayz on my free time it gets kind of hard. So i have a few questions if anyone has the patience to answer, and the knowledge i guess.

Will it be running on the same engine as Arma? I guess that is a almost cert as BI are the publishers, but Arma 2 or 3's engine? Also any news on any changes to the interface or mechanics? Like respawning? And is there a site or publication that has compiled what we know so far? Be good to have a look and see what i have missed.

Edit : Also if any of these have been answered or been started anywhere apologies. Have not looked through this thread.

It's going to be running on a branch of Take On Helicopters engine and ArmA II engine (ArmA 2.5 if you want). The interface is going to be revamped and mechanics as well, but it's going to take a little bit more time than the first one. Respawning it's going to be the same for now, but they're looking into group respawning and similar. You can check the Tumblr Dev Blog where Rocket leaves all the info known until now and some cool pics too:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Cheers.

Edited by Guisho
  • Like 1