Sign in to follow this  
Sula

Finally! I found NVGs!

I got mine of a dead body's .Just camp downed choppers,you wil be amazed how many noobs run in to a down chopper.

I have never seen them spawn. I have a pair currently which were a gift from a buddy I made whilst engaging in a bandit hunt in my home server. In return I gave him a little bird I had pinched from said bandit.

Key to finding NVGs is to find a crashsite after server restart and keep searching the site, until you've located four(4) loot piles. If you only find three(3), there's still a good chance there's one(1) loot pile left. It's a lot easier to miss the loot pile with the NVGs, than it is to find the loot pile with the AS50.

In summary: Three(3) crash sites, four(4) loot piles, make sure you locate all(all).

Maze, I've always wondered that too. The ridiculous thing is, I still don't know because I was prone behind the tip of the heli and just saw the words. So I froze and grabbed them but all I saw was grass.

I'd even visited the site earlier but all I saw then was an ak74u, which I thought was a dropped weapon. When I went back, it was for the ak, as I had given away my bizon. I crawled all around and under the front, and found a saw 249 and one box of ammo. So I was mad with joy. Lost my good weapon but one good deed deserved another and I end up with another good weapon and NVGs! :thumbsup: :beans:

What do NVGs look like on the ground? Let's see if any of you actually know! :P

Edited by Sula

i wish you could have NVG's, but modifyed for highlighting zombies, like binoculars with a radar that pinpoints zeds in your FOV, as for what the actual ones look like, kind of like binoculars but with a longer lens barrel (forget what its called) and green glowing lights in the front

Whaddaymean a black speck? Like a circle? How can you see it if it's just a speck. I'll need photographic proof! Drop a pair and take a screenshot! Ooh I can do that myself now! I'll give it a go and let you know.

• Like 1

Whaddaymean a black speck? Like a circle? How can you see it if it's just a speck. I'll need photographic proof! Drop a pair and take a screenshot! Ooh I can do that myself now! I'll give it a go and let you know.

After i finally found my first pair, i wondered how many pairs i may of passed in the tall grass at crash sites. Now I make sure to check extra carefully, but it seems once you find one of something in DayZ you find them more often. I hope the ground glitch doesn't steal your NVG's!

post-115937-0-21884000-1357010841_thumb.Quote: I'll need photographic proof! Drop a pair and take a screenshot! Ooh I can do that myself now! I'll give it a go and let you know. Edited by RougeBronyNarwhal

I've never found legit NVGs. I've found them on bodies and hack boxes(i took them when I was new).

Found only one legit pair, and that was up at the NWAF, northern barracks. Ended up giving them to my friend Kazepr so he could see during the night, since I was used to looking around in the dark. It was almost full moon anyways.

Edited by Imafighter

Question: Do they appear as an item (like binocular's) or in that small satchel (like makarov mags)?

they have their own model. it makes it that much more exciting: "is that... NVG's!!!!"

I never found legit range-finders

I find them all the time. I have 182 pairs of Night Vision Goggles in my ATV.

nCY6Ps.jpg

I have 182 ATV's in my pair of Night Vision Goggles.

Edited by deejay2900
  • Like 1

I only found one pair in a tent. I never dared putting them on the ground to see what they look like. I thought the NVGs would have allowed me to hunt for good gear under the cover of darkness, but as it turns out, there are more players at night than during the day on the private hive where my character got them.

Found a pair today at a heli crash ... too bad this private is always daytime. hah.

found them once... in an all day server.

I found a broken pair on Namalsk and excitedly picked them up anyway while wondering if they were repairable... before remembering I too was on a day only server.

I stole a pair from a guys tent, he chased me for ages with an axe :(

I've been playing DayZ for just over 400 years now (I lie) and have never found NVGs until today. Crawling around a crashed heli I see "NVGs" and think, "Nah, I've gone mad. I'm dreaming." But there they were, and they are beautiful. I've worked hard to find those things and I deserve them. I'm so pleased, I feel slightly high! :thumbsup:

Now would not be the time to say "oh yeah, I find them all the time, I've got 196 spare pairs" :huh:

i found some the other day spent months and months tracking down helis and searching them pretty much gave up on the idea and one day i was at the nwaf saw a heli crash on the runway and most of the zed had walked off it was night and i had a chem light on and i saw a pair on the floor as i was picking them up a tear came in my eye as behind the inventory screen i saw another pair about 2 cm away from the ones i had just picked up