Sign in to follow this  
son54

Helicopter crash sites now marked on map?

[NEW] - Wreck locations are now marked on the map (1).

This is what I found on the community build patchnotes.

Can someone clarify?

I couldnt see any yet, maybe next patch ?

Yes, these patchnotes are for the next patch

Also, there seems to be an AN2 and a MI7 in the game but I have not seen them yet...

The MI7 spawns at devil's castle. Not sure where the AN2 spawns, as we've only found it full fixed.

Really?

Marking crash sites on the map?

That's a bit silly - people are just going to head for them to gear up rather than the fun part of 'Oh shit! Oh shit! Crash site over there!' then running to see if there is loot.

Not a very good idea..people with vehicle, heli wll benefit from that..not to mention snipers...but as a mod i suppose the developers want to try something new...saying that...the 1.7.5 looks awesome!

Edited by Play

it could mean something else we're not thinking of

I hope I read it wrong, thats why I asked people to help clarify,

if this is what I think it means, its a step in the wrong direction.

Actually, after thinking - Wrecks could be referring to the new wrecks, that spawn generic loot, like basic stuff.. it would be stupid to mark down heli crash sites.. so thats my guess..

Man, imagine you sitting on a hill, ordinary sniper just waiting for opportunities near the crash sites that are marked on the map and there comes your Loot Bag BANG! Rich on beans! :)

This is exactly why I think helicopters should be removed completely, flyable and crashed. Far to much depends on a server restarts and having a helicopter and being in when a server is restarted means you are able to loot all 5 crashes within 20-30 minutes, taking all of the good stuff for yourself and no one else is even going to stand a chance at getting anything

• Like 1

This sounds like a crap idea but I have a feeling we're misinterpreting it?

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

This sounds like a crap idea but I have a feeling we're misinterpreting it?

One can only hope. Griff, Matt, anyone? Please clarify and me love you loooong time.

Griff won't have a clue either and Matt is still on holiday. it's the community devs that are in charge of this baby now!

Well it says wrecks not crash sites, that being said doesn't make much sense to have them already marked either :/

Griff won't have a clue either and Matt is still on holiday. it's the community devs that are in charge of this baby now!

And that ladies and gentlemen marked the beginning of the apocalypse :P

Whats the term? The inmates running the asylum? hehehe

Edited by Mr Nasty

I'm sure we're misinterpreting it somehow. I can't imagine the community devs suddenly went insane.

shhhhhhhhh they might hear you!

This is exactly why I think helicopters should be removed completely, flyable and crashed. Far to much depends on a server restarts and having a helicopter and being in when a server is restarted means you are able to loot all 5 crashes within 20-30 minutes, taking all of the good stuff for yourself and no one else is even going to stand a chance at getting anything

* [uPDATED] - UH1 Crash sites no longer all spawn on server start but thoughtout the game. ?

• Like 1

Those patch notes need to make a little more sense if they're being posted as some form of information about the future.

Was the author in a rush or something? :rolleyes:

where is this list?

In the announcements section.

In the announcements section.

ah, i was looking for build numbers. overlooked the rolling thread. cheers.