Sign in to follow this  
TheThinkTanker

Proof that Standalone will be delayed till 2013?

I found this ad from Bohemia Interactive running on Rock Paper Shotgun. Image included below.

Q3SUJ.jpg

Looks like a message to fans with some helpful info regarding future Dayz in 2013. Can anyone from Bohemia confirm? Does this mean news is on the way from Rocket?

• Like 1

As it's been said before it's most likely going to come out in early 2013, Rocket will update everyone when he's ready.

• Like 2

Considering there is only a week left in the year, that's looking pretty likely.

• Like 6

Considering there are what only 8 days left of this year then it would seem highly likely that SA will be released next year, as for news we are all just going to have to wait and see..

BIS do have a habit of putting out some esoteric hints towards their recent game releases, so it may point to *something*

It will definitely be 2013.

They will have to finalise everything for the 'launch' as well as get testing done to make sure it's not a total mess like The War Z - I'd estimate a January release.

I'm still amazed at how the SA information pipeline is being handled Lok - I mean... we've got guys that are looking all over the internet just for hints...

;(

Dark, dark days these are...

Well, look at it this way, after the dark comes the new dawn and then a bright new day.

Believe me, I'm chomping at the bit as much as anyone.

I think it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to be released this year when it didn't come out on the 21rst.

Considering the holidays I hope the devs are taking some much needed vacation.

I don't know about you guys but I do my best work on a project after returning to it from some time off. Fresh mind, new perspective on concepts, see things from different and new angles !!!

Still driving me crazy waiting for it...

• Like 4

I guess, deep down in my heart, I was hoping for a surprise New Year's Eve release even though I knew it would be crazy.

I hope we get some more definitive news soon. This debacle with Greece really sucks for everyone.

• Like 3

Hello there

I've just read the article. Must be a slow news day.

Also, I don't see how one can delay something without an official release date. (Although I can see how some "missread" it :) ).

AFAIK, before the end of the year was DH's personal target. And if he missed it he'd be Peed off with himself. But that doesn't factor in real life happenings/health/business delays/redtape etc.

I "guestimate" a feb release, but that's my hunch feeling (no basis whatsoever) and that's just down to it being the holiday season.

But, I do want it, and I want it now!

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I'm thinking slightly after Jan 5th - oddly enough once a lot of steam sales are to call it quits... :|

I'm thinking slightly after Jan 5th - oddly enough once a lot of steam sales are to call it quits... :|

Steam always has stuff on sale though. for that matter, (very) new releases are seldom part of their big sales

I hope they take their time. The last Bohemia game to come out, Carrier Command, released to little fanfare and was lacking(especially in the multiplayer department). Sadly the patches slowed down because I think all the devs are working on DayZ.

Edited by disorder

I don't think that missing the holiday rush will hurt BIS and the DayZ team at all.

DayZ has a lot of steam behind it (unintended pun) and the press on release will make a big difference, especially with the massive clusterfuck that was The War Z.

The War Z was relatively small and unknown compared to DayZ and it managed to pull in decent numbers, DayZ will destroy them easily enough since the developers aren't retarded.

Nothing to worry about!

• Like 2

Many gamers I know (both PC and console have heard of neither) It's a bugger when I try and show off.

L: Hey, I'm a mod in the "official" forums in one of the biggest upcoming games!

Firend: Wow, whats that, lok?

L: DAY-Z

F: What?

L: umm daysie?

F: Who?

L: Oh, forget it! Come-on Lynn, these people are starting to annoy me. *drives off in a huff*

Gosh its such a tease, im waiting here with my steam wallet, ready to spend whatever I need to on the SA.

Edited by BwobBwub
  • Like 1

the real "holiday rush" was back in november. Far Cry 3 was released at the end of that 'rush'. notice it's pretty much the only game in Steam's "top sellers" that's not on sale. it maybe on sale at some point in the Holiday Sale, but my point is that in general Steam doesn't use these big sales to push new releases. and any game seriously trying to be out for the 'holidayz' would have been out awhile ago

Missing the holiday game sales frenzy is kind of a bummer for BIS I bet.

Not as much as releasing a game before it's ready and f**king the whole thing up.

• Like 1

At this point, there's no way SA will be released in 2012. Unless Rocket comes out and releases the game all of a sudden (which would be horrible) it will be in 2013

L: Hey, I'm a mod in the "official" forums in one of the biggest upcoming games!

Firend: Wow, whats that, lok?

L: DAY-Z

F: What?

L: umm daysie?

F: Who?

L: Oh, forget it! Come-on Lynn, these people are starting to annoy me. *drives off in a huff*

Being the Englishman that I am, we pronouce the letter 'z' as 'Zed' :)

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster