Sign in to follow this  
TheThinkTanker

Proof that Standalone will be delayed till 2013?

Honestly, ArmA 2 could have done with an extra several months of troubleshooting, so for me a june-ish release would be nic because it wouldnt be so broken and I could have some time to do HoTS and only HoTS

I rather have a game polished and shiny than another WarZ look alike.

No matter when it comes out it will not be polished or shiny......... Thats the idea of the minecraft module.

Piss poor customer relations to imply a release date for a certain month and then not even update on that implication throughout that entire month.

I don't give a flying crap if DayZ gets released today tomorrow or 3 years from now. But lets not play **** **** to gain unwarranted attention at the cost of your own reputation.

These are the "games" we have all grown extraordinarily tired of over the last decade.

We haven't put in hundreds of hours each and untold time promoting to be jerked around like three year olds on "what Santa means".

Let me know when I can start taking the developers seriously and I might start promoting the game again.

• Like 2

Had my share of rushed and unfinished games that flop bigtime. No problems being patient and giving them time to do what they need. Longer development does not necessary equal less bugs/problems but I think it's reasonable to assume that the more time they work on it the better the endproduct.

all this talk of "polish" is kinda irrelevant because we were told it would be released 'unfinished' using this 'minecraft mode'. we weren't expecting a bug free game. in fact I was expecting to pay money for something that I knew probably be very buggy, and I was fine with that

• Like 1

Some of these posts give me a mental image of a little kid crying, stomping his feet and throwing a tantrum in the toy isle at Wal-mart. Pretty hilarious.

• Like 1

Some of these posts give me a mental image of a little kid crying, stomping his feet and throwing a tantrum in the toy isle at Wal-mart. Pretty hilarious.

thank you for adding to the discussion

thank you for adding to the discussion

There's nothing to discuss. You have the mod, not to mention the thousands of other games available right now. Enjoy those and be patient. Great things take time. And unless your tears happen to be amazing programmers, they aren't going to speed up the process.

Piss poor customer relations to imply a release date for a certain month and then not even update on that implication throughout that entire month.

I don't give a flying crap if DayZ gets released today tomorrow or 3 years from now. But lets not play **** **** to gain unwarranted attention at the cost of your own reputation.

These are the "games" we have all grown extraordinarily tired of over the last decade.

We haven't put in hundreds of hours each and untold time promoting to be jerked around like three year olds on "what Santa means".

Let me know when I can start taking the developers seriously and I might start promoting the game again.

So true Mate, takes 1 meeting as a group when you know your not going to hit a deadline YOU created, draw up a Press Release and Bingo everyone knows where they are at. Would be all good we are all then on the same page. To not do so is pure fucking arrogance

Oh, dear.

****ing arrogance? No, just no.

L

Oh, dear.

****ing arrogance? No, just no.

L

Grow up man, you never heard the Word before ? It's used in daily discussion and even in Parliament, if your 7 Years old you shouldnt be here ;)

I wish Rocket releases it right after it turns to 2013.. I know he wont, but still.

• Like 1

Hmm well I'm not going to debate with you over two threads. take it to the other one.

Lastly, no the word doesn't offend me even if I choose not to use it. It was the sentence I thought was daft.

L

On further reflection this thread has derailed so im locking it.

Continue the discussion the the SA thread as it's more appropriate.

http://dayzmod.com/f...one-discussion/

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok