Inception.

What are the three things you want to be in Standalone?

Disclaimer: No, it's not a bunch of suggestions, don't worry.

As the title suggests. What are the three things, out of everything, that you really want to be included in Standalone?

For me, it goes as following:

• I want it to be scary. [Primarily at night.] Remember when you were a total noob and you joined a night server with just your flashlight? Yeah. That was awesome.
  • I want hoards of zombies that roam. When I mean a hoard, I really do mean it. I want them to come in bunches of up to 100, rarely. That'd be sweet.
  • The difficulty to be increased dramatically. I'm not talking about crosshairs, 3rd person, etc...I'm talking about actual in-game difficulty, not server side. Zombies to be harder, environment to be harder, and so on.

What about you?

• Like 11

I only want one thing, (because it seems everything else I wanted is already going to be in), non the less, I want to see my zombie self after I die. When I spawn back in, I want to find my zombie self wandering around the place I died. Sort of a way to get your stuff back, but he would be harder to kill than most zombies, would still have your stuff, (Free game for others) and doesn't stay exactly where he died, let him wander, even to different cities.

I think this sort of counts because I am still talking about myself, just my dead body is all.

Edited by FoxHound
  • Like 5

?

Your ideas were identical to what I would've suggested.

1: Huge hoards of zeds roaming everywere

2: More variety of Animals that can be tamed(Cats,dogs, horses, bunnies, gorrilas,giraffes,elephants,narhwals etc)

3: Several Maps in one map without a loading screen when travelling in between them

Edited by samirocks24
  • Like 2

Your ideas were identical to what I would've suggested.

Well, great minds do think alike.

• Like 1

1a. Add a recurve and compound bow w/ the option to equip a quiver on top of having a backpack (or just have it so you have to choose one or the other). I feel these would add authenticity to the game as well as new play styles. (Please do it right if you're going to do it at all because the crossbow is a disappointed for the most part).

1b. Add more weapons! I think people get scared when others say profound things such as this but if it's done correctly, it'll add a lot to the game. Much like the recurve or compound bow, those promote different play styles that were not really available before. We need location specific weapons. We're in a Russian controlled piece of land in Czechoslovakia correct? Well most of the guns need to by mostly based out of those countries. M4A1's and M107's are nice and all but doesn't seem realistic. Now if there was a map made based in the USA or UK for example, then those weapons can exist.

Here's a list of weapons that are Russian based (taken from one of my suggestion posts):

• Makorov
  • TT-33
  • Saiga-12
  • Ppsh-41/43
  • PP-2000
  • Mosin Nagant
  • SVT-40
  • SV-98
  • SVD
  • VSS
  • AEK-971
  • AN-94
  • AK family
  • AS Val
  • SR-3
  • A-91
  • PKP
  • RPK
  • Flamethrower

Many choices here.

2. Have the ability to form groups prior to actually spawning in to the server. This one is a tricky one. I don't think it should tell you exactly where your teammate is through a HUD item or on the map even...at least not at all times. Perhaps add a tiny dot on a teammate if you look at them directly, otherwise, you don't see anything. I'm not sure how this would get implemented to be honest but there needs to be somethings I think.

3. Better controls/settings/UI - This involves such things as the ability to set your mouse sensitivity by a numerical number instead of the ol' unlabeled sens bar. Simplify the video settings as well. Remove 3D resolution and other bloated settings. Simplify player controls. When I first saw the key bindings for Arma 2 back in the day, I was impressed yet overwhelmed. DayZ simply doesn't need 300 different key bindings. Obviously the gear system needs revised as well and it is so they say. The issue of losing gear because you didn't take something out of your bag right needs to vanish.

While those were technically more than 3 things, they all fit in the same category for the most part. I would love to see some type of interpretation of these ideas. I would be filled with glee.

1, a better inventory interface

2, difficulty to repair vehicles i hate the idea that you can magicly put parts in a car in 5 seconds flat, car parts need to be more rare

3, MEDICAL! the medical system is terrible atm rocket has stated it will be changed, but in all seriousness how the fuck does a huge painkiller make a bone fine again?

• Like 2

1. More intellectual based trapping systems for people who like to be lone wolf i.e. booby traps set up to reduce numbers of your opponents in a fight based on creativity.

2. Beards that grow the longer you survive showing how much of a badass you are.

3. Radio comms systems that work on seperate frequency's i.e. you kill a bandit loot his corpse and pick up his radio which is set to the frequency of his group and try to pin point there location, or change channels and send out help calls when you break your leg in skalka with no Morph.

4. inception naked in my bed

• Like 4

-More movement and situational interaction options: realistic jumping, ability to climb (with help from another player to climb a wall for example), kick doors, using windows as alternative way to enter or escape a building...the list goes and goes on xD.

-Better, realistic and intuitive melee system.

-Better throwing mechanics (ability to hold and throw grenades or let them go, like extending your arm and dropping one from a rooftop to the street, for example)

Edited by Tourdion

1. Yep, zombie hordes would be awesome, the more zombies the better

2. I want to see more horror even if it is subtle, for example finding a house with blood smeared all over the walls, a body hanging from a tree, a blood stained pram in the middle of a road. Something that tells a story about what may have happened without specifically telling you. A bit like finding a mass grave site.

3. I want Green Mountain to be hell on Earth.

• Like 1

3. Radio comms systems that work on seperate frequency's i.e. you kill a bandit loot his corpse and pick up his radio which is set to the frequency of his group and try to pin point there location, or change channels and send out help calls when you break your leg in skalka with no Morph.

4. inception naked in my bed

Why would you go up there without a vehicle, anyway?

I'm avaiable

Edited by Inception.

Why would you go up there without a vehicle, anyway?

I'm avaiable

Sounded like my usual good idea amongst good ideas

I'm not wearing any clothes

1. Many more enterable buildings with survival loot.

2. More realistic environment, surviving theme, not military.

3. A resonable price (around $15 will be alright).

Sounded like my usual good idea amongst good ideas

I'm not wearing any clothes

Skulka sucks, and you should be ashamed!

I know, I can see you.

1. A harsh and dynamic environment. Think cold fronts, warm fronts, and zombie fronts.

2. Less Pew Pew more "holy shit!"

3. More room for activities (even if it means loading screens to journey to new maps)

• Like 3

Skulka sucks, and you should be ashamed!

I know, I can see you.

I went full BushMaori what can I say.

your kiss your kiss is on my list...

1. Drastically less exploiters.

2. Detailed medical system. Think minigame-esque suturing and other medical actions.

3. General feeling of polish.

The OP pretty much took my first 3.

Edited by Tarkastio
  • Like 1

New york/London type map (any built up metropolis type city would be good)

Scavenging around a large city like that (ala i am legend) would be cool

I want really long term goals with incremental improvements. With a vehicle, I spend a lot of time scavenging for parts, stockpiling wheels and engines. I would like to have the ability to do similar things with buildings, consolidating them to safe houses. I play when I have something to strive for, afterwards the winning move is not to play.

I would like the standard day to be out of period with the real world, so that you would sometimes play day, sometimes night.

I would like that when you logged off, you would be vulnerable to zombies unless someone else used the same place to log off. This would discourage lone wolfing and encourage strangers to trust one another for long enough to create mutal log out spots. You might get killed, but if you don't trust that stranger, you sure will.

1. Gestures such as waving, also better body language. Such as lowering weapons and subweapons, or slinging weapon on back. Would go a long way in showing friendly if i could sling my gun and walk to a guy with my hands in the air.

2. Road signs in English, I hate the metagame and having to look up maps and guides. But its impossible to navigate based on the road sings without the maps that have English translation if you don't know Russian.

3. Weapon customization, such as removing the silencer from a gun to fire normal rounds instead of it being a totally different gun that only takes subsonic rounds, it is annoying that I can't fire normal ammo out of my silenced weapon.

Edited by treecancer

failed russian aircraft

1, a kamov ka-22 is all I ask

2,a ka-10 would be ideal for ocean area's

3, cars fuelled by alcohol is a nice idea, were in a former russian country so why the hell not?

I would like to see better vehicles, easier to drive in other words.

The ability to give your self a blood pack would be a god send, or at the very least setup an I.V. Line when you are prone.

1. Bigger map (Islands around Chernarus?)

2. More focus on survival rather than PVP (less high-end gear and more basic weapons)