Keinto

DayZ Standalone & Battleye

Will the standalone use battleye? and if so, will I have to use another steam account since I got banned from Arma 2's battleye for no reason?

Battleye bans your key not your steam account.

So if you want to play again you have to change the banned key or buy it again with another steam-acc.

Edited by Pat aka Silas

Really!? No reason? I find that hard to believe... Go play the other Z game and save us all the hassle.

Yes, for me there wasn't a reason. I played once months ago and then weeks later I try to play again and found out I was banned. I asked battleye why and they told me it was a legit ban which they don't tell the reasons for, and that it wasn't going to be lifted. So why bother? And knowing that the standalone would come out soon I didn't insist, in the end they wouldn't give me my account back.

Dont worry the standalone will use VAC according to the latest devblog so you will be free to use any kind of hacks they make and never get banned.

Damn dude have a little more faith :) I am excited that its going through steam they do a fantastic job.

Yes, for me there wasn't a reason. I played once months ago and then weeks later I try to play again and found out I was banned. I asked battleye why and they told me it was a legit ban which they don't tell the reasons for, and that it wasn't going to be lifted. So why bother? And knowing that the standalone would come out soon I didn't insist, in the end they wouldn't give me my account back.

Forgive me if I don't believe you... In any case you are responsible for your own key. But every cheating no life claims they got a false positive.

You got your answer.

Standalone should be using VAC and will ban your steam account from associated games with VAC if you end up cheating, so far it's been very clever with catching cheaters and quite punishing. I don't know if SA will be using BE much less if VAC and BE can work together... However the way VAC works is very interesting, never immediately banning the cheaters and selecting a good time to ban them from VAC.

However since SA is going to be mostly server side on mechanics it should be more tricky to hack, so we probably won't see any hackers until a good month. Even if then it may be a small amount. But hey, anything can happen right?

(Please remember that I'm just a forum mod, forum mods generally only get as much information for standalone as the public does.)

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

Damn dude have a little more faith :) I am excited that its going through steam they do a fantastic job.

I would like to but past experiences of VAC's ability to provide cheat free gaming dont bode well. Hopefully the standalone just wont be as easy to mess with.

So glad you quoted me as my post seems to of magically been deleted.

Forgive me if I don't believe you... In any case you are responsible for your own key. But every cheating no life claims they got a false positive.

Why are you having a personal jihad on the OP?

Relax your angst.

Why are you having a personal jihad on the OP?

Relax your angst.

He's right though. The majority of people coming on claiming to have been falsely banned are cheaters (or people who tried to cheat) who got themselves banned and now want to whinge about it.

• Like 2

He's right though. The majority of people coming on claiming to have been falsely banned are cheaters (or people who tried to cheat) who got themselves banned and now want to whinge about it.

I guarantee we will see similar complaints with VAC too.

I guess this is what happens when I give too many details... I wasn't trying to convince anyone of my unjustified ban, but to know if I would have to use another steam account to play the standalone...

I guess this is what happens when I give too many details... I wasn't trying to convince anyone of my unjustified ban, but to know if I would have to use another steam account to play the standalone...

No, you won't. Cheat on there and you will be banned however.

Do i get permanently banned if I hack?, I am not going to hack!

Hopefully the SA experience won't be ruined by cheaters and hacks. If this VAC is everything you all seem to think/know it is, then I welcome it. Battleye is simply garbage.

BattleEye served it's purpose for ArmA2, no doubt it got bum rushed by DayZ, but it would have been way more effective, if all the wannabe bandits that bought DayZ after it went viral, weren't so goddamn busy handing over their cd-keys again and again to the real hackers.

Some people have way more money than sense, you can't stop a tsunami of dumbasses downloading "free" hack from youtube, I mean seriously wtf, I'd guess more than 50-100.000 cd-keys probably got banned or stolen.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Hopefully the SA experience won't be ruined by cheaters and hacks. If this VAC is everything you all seem to think/know it is, then I welcome it. Battleye is simply garbage.

battleye is far from garbage.

Most of the cheating fixes for standalone wont come from VAC, they will come from the code allowing them being totally deleted out of the game.

You're right. It's a very effective program. Note the sarcasm.

Note the person without a clue passing judgement.

Edited by Dankine
  • Like 1