zeroxiz

Chopper hiding spots

Hey! We have secured a chopper and wondering about hiding spots for it, that's no accessable through ground.

I know about all the castles and the cherno hotel roof, but anywhere else?

I'm also wondering about the island very south east, that you can only see when totally zoomed out of the map, does it count as debug plains?

Just something to keep in mind if you park your chopper on a roof that cannot be accessed from the ground if you log off and its gone the next day you are stuck on the roof. People can also shoot at the chopper causing damage to it and rendering it useless so again you would be stuck on the roof.

If you get stuck on the roof 2 ways to get off 1. have a friend fly another chopper to pick you up 2. jump

Just some food for thought.

• Like 1

Ive seen a few people saving choppers on the islands off the coast yea, it's not a bad place really. Other than that I'd say on a roof in a remote low yield village/town. Ours is usually kept in a series of random places off map in camps with lots of foilage.

Edited by Box

It would be very stupid if there were unreachable places to hide a helicopter where you can log off and leave it. If no one else can reach it, you should not be able to either if you log off.

• Like 2

Hiding a huey is not that easy, hiding my beloved little bugger/birg is easy. Look for spots you wont see from ground and hope no heli crew will fly over.

But using huey alone is kinda worthless since it needs tons of repair and fuel plus weapon crew.

Don't worry we have multiple choppers and enough crew members to get a pickup if one gets taken! We are just running out of places to park them..

I'll ask again does the island very south east of the map count as debug plains? I'm not talking about Skalisty island! :D

I know someone who did that and a bad spawn left him desperately trying to find a boat to recover it, lol

I reckon if you was to hide it at the NWAF then it should be safe :thumbsup: :)

We placed our Chopper to the little Island outside of the map.

the next day we spawend on the coast again and the heli was gone.

That island is definitely out of bounds, don't know if out of bounds vehicles/camps are deleted automatically, but I consider hiding vehicles outside the boarders of the detailed map an exploit. My chopper survived the night, but I know every time I log off, it's back in play.

No 100% guarantees in DayZ, I think that's what I like about it.

When we had server on public hive i tested out and flew over that far away little island and yeah when I logged back I spawned on coast and chopper stayed on island :D

Parking it on top of buildings in heavy traffic areas is a sure way to have it destroyed. It can also vanish from that little island.

If you have a URAL or if you can fly like a champ, hiding the chopper in deep woods is best. There are plenty of places to land it in heavily wooded areas with just the right amount of space between trees. With a URAL, you can knock down trees and then land it. When the server resets, the trees come back and only someone with a ural can get at the chopper without destroying it on lift off. If you find a good spot off the beaten path it'll be there the next day.

You can park it on top of one of the not-enterable towers of devil's castle, most people dont even look there, and devils castle is a pretty dead spot

if you find a spot thats high and unreachable, why not be able to land a chopper there? logging off is just sleeping really...

if i had the chnce to land my chopper safe from zombies and other people on a building, i'd surely not land it in the middle of a forrest

The thing is we play on a server that's almost full 24/7 and it's almost impossible to keep cars. Everyone knows that the choppers will be parked at the castles and often go there to blow them up. Hiding it in the forest is useless, any know about any roof tops else then the cherno hotel roof?

Everyone thinks the island is best, but its the first place everyone checks out now....... If your server has perphrial dots, you can't hide it from other aircraft..... I personally love area around Pulkovo... not a real busy area...

Aw, c'mon spread the wealth, leave it in the Cherno town square then watch the fun from atop the city hall rooftop.