maxnmike

About Realism or Authentic Game Play

To all those of you out there that want the real or authentic game play. I hope you never want to use a vehicle. I don't know anyone that can pick up an engine block or a main rotor, much less pack it around with them. It's a game or mod if you prefer, compromises have to be made so you can actually do things in the game, deal with it.

Edited by maxnmike

The sweet sound of truth..

- Who's crying about being able to bag an engine block?

I love me a bit of reality but i don't need a game to simulate me taking a shit. Oh... Hang on....

The sweet sound of truth..

- Who's crying about being able to bag an engine block?

I was just reading a thread about changing the way things take up room in the backpacks. We know you are not going to be packing around 4 jerrycans or tires in a backpack. It's a game so compromises have to be made so you can actually do things otherwise you would not have any vehicles to play with.. It's a balance of realism and game play. People just need to use a little common sense and think that yes some of the things we can do are not realistic but otherwise there would be much less to do in the game.

• Like 1

To all those of you out there that want the real or authentic game play. I hope you never want to use a vehicle. I don't know anyone that can pick up an engine block or a main rotor, much less pack it around with them. It's a game or mod if you prefer, compromises have to be made so you can actually do things in the game, deal with it.

Depends on what kind of engine block you're talking about.

I'm all for any change that makes the game harder. If that means only carrying one tire at a time while walking very slowly, so be it.

I got authentically slaughtered by a zombie hoard earlier, not long before that my friend realistically flew our heli into a hillside.

• Like 5

Since we are in the Matrix who knows what reality is?

Blonde, brunette, redhead......

• Like 1

Since we are in the Matrix who knows what reality is?

Blonde, brunette, redhead......

yes please.

• Like 1

We can make jokes about trying to make our zombie apocalypse realistic but i get what the OP is talking about. I want the zombie apocalypse part to be the only far fetched thing going on. I want it to seem as if the cozy, ordered world I live in has come to an end and that the streets may be filled with mindless zombies but they are MY streets and that the normal rules apply. Just because some genetic abberation has left me immune to some weird virus doesn't mean that i can suddenly bench press 300lb. But of course i will be fairly proficient with automatic weapons.

I guess what I'm saying is, we all are comfortable with different levels of 'realism' and there is no way rocket and co can keep us all happy. I for one am just gonna play my own way and rationalise the things that don't fit my own personal ideal.

I can't wait for standalone, when people unfamiliar with Take On: Helicopters flight model try to jump in a chopper with their DayZ experience. The crashes will be glorious.

• Like 1

I can't wait for standalone, when people unfamiliar with Take On: Helicopters flight model try to jump in a chopper with their DayZ experience. The crashes will be glorious.

And much more realistic.

so just wondering.. can any of you lift a engine or a rotor and actually lug it for 5 miles and then somehow put the dam thing on where the car/heli will work?

no?

ya i cant either, think the game has enough realism in terms of what the player can hold and what knowledge the player magically has. Never heard of a bag that carries three jerry cans and a AS50 that looks like a Alice bag either <_<

There's a point when a game becomes too realistic and it's no longer fun.

I'm confused OP was reading a thread about "Realism something,something" then dicided to create his own, so he could just tell people to "Deal with it". Now i'm even more f#cking confused than i was in the beginning.

Edited by Maca

God I love this argument.

"Why do you want the game to have like... authentic gamefeel... when like U don't want to like include every aspect of real life?!"

Friggin seriously.

What is "authentic" though?Carrying around a few jerry cans,car windshield and a helicopter rotor is not realistic or even authentic IMO.Why carry a tire when you could have a can of FixaFlat,why carry a rotor when the heli can just need hydraulic fluid and why need a new engine when you could just need new spark plugs/thermostat/air cleaner etc.And finally why have to drop pants when you can just poo in them and be a disease spreading apocalyptic bumb??