Darky1307

What if you only had one life in DayZ.

Imagine a game where you could ONLY play once and when you get killed you can no longer play that game again! An ultra-hardcore mode so to speak! I know it's not possible because people would just re-buy the game etc and too many ways around it but this is just a 'What if' thread and would be fun to speculate!

How do you think social interactions would work? I highly doubt we would have any form of fire fight on a regular basis i think in most cases people would either stay in hiding or run away from any kind of possible dangers but if you did find yourself exchanging bullets i bet it would be one hell of an adrenaline rush with whats at stake because once you die your dead for good!

Discuss!

Edited by Darky1307

considering most people die within their first 15-20 minutes of playing I dont think there would be much social interaction at all.

• Like 3

It sure would give an even more real atmosphere. I think there still would be the occasional douchbag 12 year olds who would take please in sniping people for fun and making them waist their money. I think for the regular player there would a lot more decisions that they would make irl. I know for one that I would surely only kill people when fired on for sure. I wouldn't be able to do something that would make people waist their money. Other people might be different or the same. I know if this scenario was real it would probably bring even more major decisions to DayZ.

Edited by Skat3rat

I'd still play it but play it mega-seriously. I'd take about 20 minutes scanning an opening before running across it, I'd carry a holstered weapon with only 3 rounds and the rest of my inventory would be dedicated to medical and consumptives, and I'd probably end up watching a sunset before opting out after the realization of the end of days.

• Like 3

well fore one thing if by re purcase the game you mean by the standalone it would have to be moderately cheap because nobody wants to pay for a game and die in the first hour or so and then buy a new copy for 30£

also the PVP would probably be nerfed (by that I mean safezones and all that..) but it sure would make the game more exciting than it is now

considering most people die within their first 15-20 minutes of playing I dont think there would be much social interaction at all.

Most people get killed that soon for several reasons.

Here are a few.

1. They don't like their spawn so they kill themself.

2. They get spawn killed by the jerks who think their so boss by killing 100 bambis in one life.

3. They don't use much caution since they just spawned and they make reckless decisions that get them killed.

4. They fall off stairs.

5. They get thrown out the window of the Firestation

6. They brake their leg while walking then bleed to death

• Like 1

People know they can just respawn if they die after 20 minutes tbh if you were to have but one life that would certainly take away that safety barrier i doubt you would see many people dying at all... people would be pretty darn cautious imo especially if the rewards in the game were pretty amazing.

Most people get killed that soon for several reasons.

Here are a few.

1. They don't like their spawn so they kill themself.

2. They get spawn killed by the jerks who think their so boss by killing 100 bambis in one life.

3. They don't use much caution since they just spawned and they make reckless decisions that get them killed.

4. They fall off stairs.

5. They get thrown out the window of the Firestation

6. They brake their leg while walking then bleed to death

Thank you, you just presented 4 good reasons as to why the OP is a terrible idea.

People know they can just respawn if they die after 20 minutes tbh if you were to have but one life that would certainly take away that safety barrier i doubt you would see many people dying at all... people would be pretty darn cautious imo especially if the rewards in the game were pretty amazing.

You can play as cautious as you'd like but if one thing is certain in this game it is you will die at some point.

I understand this is a 'what if' thread but lets at least make a semi intelligent one.

If you die with a hero skin you Gould re spawn for free, if any player dies within so long after spawning its free,if your a normal survivor and you die you pay a modest couple of coppers and if you die a bandit you have to pay an ever greater amount for each time you die a bandit in a streak

You do realize he was talking about their first life, right?

Good concept... impossible application.

If I only had one life I would hope I didn't spawn near a city and would hop through medium and high density residentials/barns and deer stands until I had: an AKM, a pistol, bandages food and drink galore. Then I'd head towards an airfield with the intent of letting someone else do the looting while I watch, and then ambush them. Once I had maximum firepower I'd focus on CAREFULLY trying to find a ghillie. After that, it's all about laying low and waiting for the rescue to come.

• Like 1

I always try my best to help people out but if everyone had just one life, it would make us all paranoid as fuck.

No more "Friendly?!" QEQEQE

It would just be "BANG". No questions asked.

Or like someone else said you have a locked out period when you die

and then a group of hacker start hoppin from server to server killing everyone in their way , no one would be able to play the game for the next X hour(s)

Yeah I've played as a semi-nice guy in DayZ, but under these rules... Total douche bag! I would gain a sick pleasure in forcing people out of my world.

I've played and enjoyed being the only "living" being on a server. It was as if I owned the world and had a slight pest (zombie) problem.

So yeah, I'd be playing totally different with those rules.

Thank you, you just presented 4 good reasons as to why the OP is a terrible idea.

You can play as cautious as you'd like but if one thing is certain in this game it is you will die at some point.

I understand this is a 'what if' thread but lets at least make a semi intelligent one.

Are you kidding me? A "semi intelligent" thread? This thread isn't meant to be a long, in depth, detailed thread. It's just a simple idea that in no way is meant to be an actual possibility. Are you retarded?

• Like 3

I would go get a ton of the necessary supplies (food, water, medical, ammo etc.) and go hide in a hole somewhere.

Are you kidding me? A "semi intelligent" thread? This thread isn't meant to be a long, in depth, detailed thread. It's just a simple idea that in no way is meant to be an actual possibility. Are you retarded?

Oh, thanks for pointing that out for me I had no idea that this was a hypothetical thread. :rolleyes:

Please lets not resort to name calling you're making yourself look silly.

It'd be interesting to see if it would actually work, if you can get rid of the problem of bandits sniping new spawns.

Instead of buying a full price game the game might cost only £5/$7.50 initially + 1 character life and then £1/$1.50 for an extra life. You'd still get those players that would kill for fun and would get even more of a kick knowing that the player they just killed has to spend a little more to get another character, but even then you'd definitely get more of a buzz, could even become addictive.

So far this is the only game that gets my heart racing, I get such a rush from interacting with other players whether it's a fire fight, or teaming up whilst wondering if I can trust them, or sneaking around trying to hide, I find myself coming back to this game on a regular basis and can't wait for standalone.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out for me I had no idea that this was a hypothetical thread. :rolleyes:

Please lets not resort to name calling you're making yourself look silly.

Well calling it a terrible idea and saying make it a "semi intelligent" thread sure did make it sound like you didn't know it was hypothetical. In no way do I mean to start a fight but I would choose my words more wisely next time.

Hello there

An interesting idea/theory, but in the real world a little unworkable.

If the game were £5 a go then I believe 99pc of us would not be playing, or if we were, it would be only once or twice.

As we all know I'm so L33T that I make a point of being killed in some way every 20 mins or so. That's an expensive hobby. :)

Now, if everyone in the world was given a free copy, then the griefers/bandits would wipe out the majority of the servers population very quickly (this is assuming no scripters) and eventually it would either be a last man standing scenario or we may actually see some form of "civilisation" form over time resulting in warring tribes who may eventually make peace.

But knowing the internet, there'd always be one sneaky scum sucking chap/chapess who'd want to be "teh winnrar!" and would kill everyone else.

rgds

LoK