Sign in to follow this  
despair (DayZ)

Standalone could slip to 2013

They won't. But that's just my unprofessional opinion.

I agree ; )

Man you know dick.

No one can promise you a flawless game launch, not even Blizzard's Diablo 3, which were under development for years with a million dollar budget and a huge team of talented developers behind it. It seems like you've decided to destroy the expectations and turn customers away from DayZ, based on either your misunderstanding of a pretty basic concept or because you've got some axe to grind with whatever. If you know as much about the non-finished product as you know about ballistics, you might want to speak in less absolute terms.

The goal is to release the standalone as stable as possible, that's why Rocket has stopped calling the build an alpha/beta and called it the foundation. You build upon a foundation and to do that you create a solid foundation. Since Rocket is charging money for the standalone, he understands that he has to attempt to release updates and a new features which are thoroughly tested. He doesn't have the same liberties as when DayZ only was a mod and still in alpha testing. Now you're a gamer, just like me and you've seen giant companies, MMOs with huge server farms, with hundreds of support staff on standby and still crumble at launch day. No amount of testing can fully prepare any developer for launch.

What you're suggesting is that Rocket's aim is to beta test the standalone for the next 15 months. That's not my understanding. My understand is that the aim is to release a solid foundation and then expand upon it in the next coming year. I'm not promising the standalone will be a perfect as a diamond, but I do not support your doom and gloom perception of reality either.

Considering the quality of games released in this past decade they are all flawed, so I don't expect Day Z SA to be any different. Rocket has said the game will be a work in progress for a year or more after release. Adding new features, ironing out features, etc. I am not suggesting it will be in Beta/Alpha/Anything. I am just suggesting that a "completed" project might be in 15 months.

I am not trying to turn away anybody I am just giving my opinion and based on the gaming world it seems fitting for my opinion. The game will be incredibly unstable upon launch, that is my opinion. Just from past game experiences and this one may be totally different and I welcome that, but I'm just being real.

And just to clarify by unstable... there will probably be tons of exploits, tons of glitches, connectivity issues, etc.

Edited by Dreygar

Hello there

It's not as if it's the end of the world or anything....

oh, wait...

But seriously folks, does it matter if the game slips? Ok, if it does, Rocket feels annoyed he didn't hit his personal target and we have to wait a little longer.

Xmas and new year is coming up and no matter ones religious domination, this is usually quite a busy time so I think we can all cope for a while longer.

If it's delayed for another six months or longer? Then there'll be a damn good reason for it.

If you are that desperate, you still have an "editable" mod to fiddle with.

For me, this is really a non issue, it's just us grasping for the SA like baby birds. "gimmie! gimmie now! you LIED to us and the SA's released 1 minute too late!!!111!?!" et al.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

it will be december because its the last big payday month for games

noone releases in january cause everyone is skint !

so it will either stick to december and release if any bugs its "ALPHA " ;)

or feb.

I think the majority of people are anxious for the SA because of all the problems with the mod, and what the SA has promised to improve on. Myself included. I still play the mod but not as much and it is incredibly boring most of the time. Usually just pop on with friends and mess around. I know I'll be disappointed if it doesn't release in December, but I don't think it will anyway so that lessens the disappointment. There is no other game like this, so we have no choice but to wait either way.

Don't expect a 2012 release. Just not enough actual game data supplied to suggest that the game is anywhere near close to release. Sure, they could be doing it a bit unconventional and just release it without adding some gameplay videos, actual screen shots, trailers, etc... but I just don't see it happening.

This has already been addressed by Rocket on several occasions. He was very specific in his explanation for not releasing to many details.

Yes, I read the latest update per Rocket. As mentioned it could be a little "unconventional approach" ... but I still don't see a December 2012 release date.

You don't add "unfinished" screen shots months ago to show off the progress of the game and then don't follow that up with anything prior to launch. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

When Rocket feels it's ready for 'our' testing he will cut it loose - good enough for me.

As far as 'consoles' I sure think we have all the 'spray n pray' and 'run n guns' we need in DayZ now.

Topic is: Standalone could slip to 2013

Not what or who console players are or are not.

Edited by kb5ixd

When Rocket feels it's ready for 'our' testing he will cut it loose - good enough for me.

As far as 'consoles' I sure think we have all the 'spray n pray' and 'run n guns' we need in DayZ now.

Consoles are limited to spray and pray games? Oh... so the games like Quake where you're bouncing around the screen and shooting off stupid guns is so much better? Lets get real.

comparing quake to a console shooter. :lol:

Aim Assist is annologous to diapers. A controller is a machette compared to the mouse's scalpel.

comparing quake to a console shooter. :lol:

Aim Assist is annologous to diapers. A controller is a machette compared to the mouse's scalpel.

No. I was saying that PC games have plenty of run and gun games and they are not limited to consoles. Most shooter games now are fast paced arcadey shooters. Whether PC or console. The games of tactical shooters (Rainbow Six) have been long gone.

At least there will THEORETICALLY be no hackers in the console version

No. I was saying that PC games have plenty of run and gun games and they are not limited to consoles. Most shooter games now are fast paced arcadey shooters. Whether PC or console. The games of tactical shooters (Rainbow Six) have been long gone.

Good sir, is not ArmA a tactical shooter? :)

And on the subject of the release, I never expected him to release it in December, and I'm sure he'll release it when he can.

Edited by Tarkastio

Good sir, is not ArmA a tactical shooter? :)

And on the subject of the release, I never expected him to release it in December, and I'm sure he'll release it when he can.

Wasn't related to Arma.

Edited by Dreygar

Their aim is for around the Christmas time, but they said they won't release a broken game out to the public.

I really don't mind waiting the extra month, and I don't feel and worry about WarZ as a competitor...

Right now they are testing the new setup and I'm sure they will be also making adjustments into next week.

If they get it done late December -that's cool,..if it takes till late January - that's cool too

What matters is they get the setup right since everything will be built from this foundation.

Once they have a concrete foundation- like for a house,..then adding features will be much easier since you got the core designed and set.

As long as they don't compromise the PC version to support the console versions.

wat

I think that common courtesy(towards me) should delay the game for about a month or so since i have to relocate this month, and as we all know getting s**t over the borders and renting/equipping(read internet connection) the man cave take some time. Especially if we take into account i did not know jack s... about dayz(mod or standalone) up until like a month ago.

Like most others have said, I wouldnt mind at all if it got delayed to make sure it was right for release. Hopefully Rocket will see this thread and realize most people are cool with that and totally understand (if he thinks otherwise i mean, maybe he will put less pressure on himself :))

I would rather wait 1 month for a kick-ass game then

1 day for a broken game.

Also I just sold my xbox to buy a pc for this and now the console may be getting it........ FML

I could play this mod for another 6months easy.

So ill wait as long as it takes for the SA.

Yes WarZ is failing big time which makes me smile :)

whats the point in investing money in a dead project...? First the game turned into any generic fps shooter, then people started hacking because of it...

whats the point in investing money in a dead project...? First the game turned into any generic fps shooter, then people started hacking because of it...

I hope you mean WarZ

otherwise

2/10

Edited by dasd2516